Thread: Howdy from Toyohashi not Texas....

Default Howdy from Toyohashi not Texas....

Howdy,
    I'm James currently relocated to Toyohashi from Texas, By way of Hong Kong. I'm not new to riding in Japan, since some 28 years ago in Sasebo I rode around the Navy base when not Submerging off the coast and sneaking up on unsuspecting Korean and Chinese warships.
    I am currently going on 27 years Married to a Nagasaki Gal I have dragged with our daughter all over the world (riding in every country we lived in).
    Recently I picked up a 2016 Indian Scout Sixty, I would have gotten bigger, but not enough storage space...yet. If I'm not already out on a mission, I'll be happy to meet in the area. However, I do tend to travel a lot, at least my wife's boyfriend says so.
    here is a pic of my fat ass picking up the bike. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170706_152808.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	12578

That's one heck of a nice bike.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it. quite a departure from the GL500 I rode back in Sasebo in the 80's; and the multitude of Yamaha FZ's in Singapore and Thailand and US.

Wow, somebody else in Toyohashi. Imagine that!

I also live here (all the way in the south, closer to Tahara) and ride a Ninja ZX-6R (when I have time...which these days is sorely lacking).

Welcome to GR...not many members in our area. I usually head over to the Kanto area to join up with group rides, etc. It's a bit far but it's worth it. I can give you the lowdown on some good routes to take from here, but my routes are normally focused on mountain twisties! With the looks of your Indian you may be up for more straights/cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Phorest View Post
    Wow, somebody else in Toyohashi. Imagine that!

I also live here (all the way in the south, closer to Tahara) and ride a Ninja ZX-6R (when I have time...which these days is sorely lacking).

Welcome to GR...not many members in our area. I usually head over to the Kanto area to join up with group rides, etc. It's a bit far but it's worth it. I can give you the lowdown on some good routes to take from here, but my routes are normally focused on mountain twisties! With the looks of your Indian you may be up for more straights/cruising.
    I live in the sanbongi area just south of the University, near the triangle shaped park.
    for the Indian, it might surprise you, the foot pegs are already wearing down....
    So far I have gone down thru Tahara and back up the east side near the water and industrial area. though last week end i was busy 2 hours of fireworks in Toyohashi and this weekend is the Gamagori fireworks. My customers keep inviting the Family and I out for these events.

James

Cool. We'll have to link up and I'll take you on my usual loop up through Shinshiro and up to Chausu-yama. Great to see somebody else in the area!

Tahara fireworks and festival are great too, in September.

Welcome. I'm not too far away in Nagoya, we need to get people in Aichi together for a ride sometime.

Yeah we definitely do. Let's make it happen. Maybe when it cools down a bit.