Thread: Kazuki Masaki lifts Red Bull Rookies Cup crown

Default Kazuki Masaki lifts Red Bull Rookies Cup crown

A lot of Japanese kids are making their marks these days!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...ies-cup-crown/

Japanese rider Kazuki Masaki has lifted the 2017 Red Bull Rookies Cup crown with a race in hand, after taking a perfect victory over Ai Ogura by only a hundredth of a second at Motorland Aragon, after coming out victorious in a six-rider battle to the line in the penultimate race of the season.

The 17-year-old kept his cool, though, to make sure he was in the right place at the right time to win the development series in perfect style.

“I hung back a little because I knew I had the slipstream and didn’t want to catch him too early in the back straight. I got it just right and went into the last corner first. I went for the lead and tried to pull away but Viu came past again. So then I had to change my plan and catch the slipstream on the straight.

“It was a very tough race, I pushed from the first few laps but it became a big group and I just tried to stay near the front and then pushed again at the end. I really wanted to win the Cup today and not have to fight for it tomorrow, I’m very happy of course, very happy.”

Alex Viu joined him on the podium ahead of Turkish brothers Dan and Can Öncü in fourth and fifth. Scottish rider Rory Skinner came home in ninth in his final weekend in the class after three seasons, while Welsh teenager Dan Jones crashed out and is a question mark for the final race of the season on Sunday after suffering a broken foot and hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    A lot of Japanese kids are making their marks these days!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...ies-cup-crown/
    Yeah this is great for sure! But let's talk about something that happened for the first time ever last weekend. Congrats to Ana Carrasco the 1st woman to win a WSBK or MotoGP race by taking the top step of the podium in the WSS 300 race!!!!
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

On another foro I'm on we were discussing Ana's great achievement. Then the women started chiming in. They didn't give a shit about Ana's achievement--all they did was bitch that she wears pink, and how they can get any gear that doesn't come in pink. When was the last time you heard any guys complain about Rossi wearing blue? lolz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19MOTORCYCLEweb1-superJumbo.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	12688

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    On another foro I'm on we were discussing Ana's great achievement. Then the women started chiming in. They didn't give a shit about Ana's achievement--all they did was bitch that she wears pink, and how they can get any gear that doesn't come in pink. When was the last time you heard any guys complain about Rossi wearing blue? lolz

Name:	19MOTORCYCLEweb1-superJumbo.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	12688

Your buddies should look at yesterday's MotoGP race there was a rider or 2 with a large amount of pink in the leathers.
    Sad they couldn't acknowledge this great achievement and that it's no longer just a boys club. Hey on Rossi he's been known to have some bizarre tastes and no one ever complains😎.
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Your buddies should look at yesterday's MotoGP race there was a rider or 2 with a large amount of pink in the leathers.
    Sad they couldn't acknowledge this great achievement and that it's no longer just a boys club. Hey on Rossi he's been known to have some bizarre tastes and no one ever complains😎.
    I wouldn't call them "my" buddies! loz

Pink has been a regular color in the boyz clubs for years in GP. I'm totally with you on this one. I've found that a lot of women in the bay area can be overly sensitive. Generally not much fun to date either! :P

As for boyz club have you heard of Elena Myers? She's from the Bay Area, and she had quite a bit of success racing bikes. She was the first woman to win a pro-moto race. She was suppose to go to the Red Bull Rookies program, but they canceled it here in the States. Had she done so I'm fairly confident that she would have been the first woman in GP. She'd probably be in Moto2 right now. She didn't have any issues wearing pink. ;P

Name:	879455.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	12689

Yeah I actually do know her followed her career for a while and see her on twitter too.
    I agree she has potential.

As to current Americans there's Joe Roberts in moto2 now
    Life begins at 155mph

Default Moto3: Maria Herrera’s AGR team folds

Wow this is some sad news...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...gr-team-folds/

The AGR Moto2 and Moto3 team that ran American Joe Roberts and Grand Prix’s only female racer Maria Herrera will not complete the final four races of the 2017 season, after announcing today that they were being forced to withdraw thanks to financial issues compounded by poor results so far this season.

Roberts was brought into the team at Brno as a mid-season replacement for former MotoGP rider Yonny Hernandez after the Colombian struggled to find his feet on his return to the middleweight class. Roberts impressed on his debut, coming home in a very impressive tenth place – but has failed to score points since then.

Herrera has also had a difficult season, sitting out this weekend’s round with a shoulder injury picked up last time out in Misano. She’s also only brought their KTM machinery home in the points once this season, back at the second round of the championship in Argentina.

However, with the team backed by Basque celebrity chef Karlos Argiñano, a household name in Spain and a regular on daytime television, sources close to the team have hinted to MCN that there may be more at play than simply money, with rumours of a conflict with series bosses Dorna also playing a part in the decision to withdraw.

The team aren't completely finished, either, with rumours also circulating that they will now increase their support for their Spanish championship teams, even expanding to run a four-bike set-up across two classes there.

Roberts and fellow American Jayson Uribe currently sit fifth and 11th in the CEV Moto2 class for the squad with two rounds and three races remaining, and the team have insisted that while they're withdrawing from the world championships, they'll finish the season in Spain.

Yeah sucks on the world stage but then Mahindra is leaving also.

But at least they will at minimum finish the CEV series this year. Hopefully they will continue there.thats a great series actually I have a good friend racing in the series. Doesn't get the world wide TV attention but you can watch races live on their YouTube channel.
    And it looks as though Joe Roberts is staying in Moto2 as in the Moto2 lineup fir the 2918 season was announced Japanese company NTS has a 3 year deal and Roberts and Odendaal will be the riders.
    Last edited by racer162; 26-09-17 at 07:49 PM.
    Life begins at 155mph