Thread: Bringing a Harley to Japan

Default Bringing a Harley to Japan

I'm moving to Yokota Ab and I want to bring my 2016 Ultra Limited. I'm financing thru Harley and I need to find insurance before I ship. Can anyone give me advise or a company. And I can contact. Also any other advise about passing the emissions test. My bike is stock.

The person who owns and manages this web-forum can help with both. His forum handle is JAV so you should be able to message using that.

To have a company handle the test for you, the cost would be around 240,000. The actual test cost itself
    is now 150,000 on post Sept 2013 bikes. Factoring in the rest of the cost to register and hauling the bike
    around on a truck, you are probably looking at around 300,000.

Apexmoto can sell Jibaiseki ( mandatory insurance ) and ninihoken ( optional insurance ). For insurance we are probably
    the easiest to deal with.

Apexmoto can also do the emissions test, but i would suggest Motofoot might be better. My company does a lot more Japanese
    and European bikes, than Harley's, so we have less experience than Motofoot re Harley's.

You also might want to try do the test yourself.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by rdkng103 View Post
    The person who owns and manages this web-forum can help with both. His forum handle is JAV so you should be able to message using that.
    Did you do the emissions test yourself, on your last import?
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I would recommend you contact the on base harley-davidson dealer, he is either there or at Yokosuka base. Military Sales, they can drop ship you a bike at a military rate.
    http://www.militaryautosource.com/on...itary-program/

i think there are 3 guys selling in Japan on base for this company

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Did you do the emissions test yourself, on your last import?
    No sir, had Marutomi do it. It cost less but only because that bike was pre-Sept '13 built.