Thread: Questions about 400cc class...

Default Questions about 400cc class...

Is there a way to practice other than being in class? Taking the 400cc class and they tried real hard to push me to change to an Automatic License vs the manual one. Instructor would not even try to help me learn to shift..... However, second instructor was pretty good. And any idea on usual number of classes? Wife had all the paperwork done by the time I parked the car...

Teaching you is what you paid them to do. If an instructor doesn't want to teach you then you need to complain to the school.

The school's website or the information they gave you should have all the information about the number of classes. Your wife probably has the answer if you ask her for it.

Did you find out?

I will either this am or tomorrow. Talked to a friend who just finished the same class. seems it took a month of 1 and 2 classes a day... but will verify with them. Having to try amd memorize a line drawing is fun in the am LOL

What's the name of the school. Dollars to donuts it's on their website. (And I guarantee your wife has the answer if you'd just ask her).

LOL, I did and she did not have the answer. But she will be checking later this evening, before she starts working in the US from Japan :D

I didn't expect her to know it off the top of her head...

Mike,

I realized that. She checked last night. Bope, no lesson couint stated... Started doing the slalom and the Figure 8 (half at least) as well as the balance beam... weee

Quote Originally Posted by NYRUSSELL View Post
    Mike,

I realized that. She checked last night. Bope, no lesson couint stated... Started doing the slalom and the Figure 8 (half at least) as well as the balance beam... weee
    The answer is "at least 17 hours".

http://www.menkyo-takumi.com/header/hour/

I can't believe it isn't on the website of the school you're attending or in the paperwork you got from the school.

I think it's 17 lessons for the chugata license (if you already have a Japanese car license). 1 hour per lesson. Most schools let you take up to 2 lessons per day so you should be able to complete the course in 2 weeks if your instructor deems you competent.

Like the number of hours of lessons, the maximum number of hours allowed per day is defined by law and not as a matter of individual school policy.

I don't think I've ever seen a driving school website that didn't make that all clear, and even lacking that it is definitely something that is explained upon enrollment. Whether a person can understand it or is paying attention to it is an entirely different matter, of course.

well, 1 hour today, and then back I guess to 2 hours a day. Today is the start on hill lesson. Should be fun! Yesterday was the simulator... man that rear brake was hard getting used too

How about the "doesn't want to teach me how to shift gears" issue? How did that work out?

Mike,

Turned out to be that he was only their for an hour, then I have had almost a new instructor each day. Got almost a clean ride today too :D maybe not perfect but much better :D

That's good to hear. Hang in there and it'll be over before you know it.

woa, didn't post yesterday. He was only their for an hour. Gone and not see again personally. So, I guess I have no worries as I do not get the same instructor always. However, Monday I get to practice the crank and figure 8... Did the stop part on a bike that basically goes as soon as you hit the throttle... fun was had by all :P

Is this your first experience with a motorcycle?

Mike, Except for a mini bike at 8 (got my ass handed to me by my mom then) yep. had a 50cc in Bermuda when I cooked there though

Default Questions about 400cc class...

If I remember correctly, when I took my chugata motorcycle course at Koyama driving school, they sort of expected that I would already know how to drive a manual in a car. Which the concept for the bike is the same. Minus the sequential gear box. There was no mention tips or advice on how to shift the bike at all! The course was all about learning how to pass the test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk