Thread: Holiday Climb

Default Holiday Climb

Well I hope everyone is getting ready to have a great holiday.
    Well it's that time of year again. I'm making my annual trip to climb Fuji Dec 26-28 and as usual if anyone wants to join love to have you.
    If anyone's interested just buzz me for more detail.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Isn't there some local proverb about climbing Fuji multiple times? Double-down on it in the winter.

Default Holiday Climb

First of all Fuji in the summer is more like going to Shinjuku on a Saturday it's wall to wall people on a long walk.
    Next awinter climb is not for novices. Remember it's the highest mountian in Japan and CAN be subject to very similar weather as seen in the Himalayas.
    When I started I only saw a couple folks but it has become a bit popular I've seen some of the same folk year after year at this time. And recently some of the outdoor shops have organized climbs to the top.

But all that being said for me it's getting back to what I love and there's nothing like the summit of any mountian. Do people or myself summit every year nope all depends on those weather conditions. But it's still a great time regardless. But if someone's not a climber/winter hiker I wouldn't expect them to understand.
    Think of it like this your favorite mountian ride on your bike and the feeling you get in a good and sucessful ride.
    Life begins at 155mph

Good stuff, have a good climb, must be an awesome view. skirted it on Sunday, looks like not total coverage just yet?
    I've only ever done it with the zombie herd, but that sunrise above the cloud layer made it worthwhile

meh.. I take that back.. looking at it right now.. its covered..

Default Holiday Climb

Thanks. As I always say abd is said by many " getting to the summit is optional. Returning home is mandatory."
    Yeah it's a beautiful sight when you can hit the summit.
    Been keeping a close eye and it looks like snow down to station 5 from reports but currently a spare covering at 5 ..
    Life begins at 155mph