Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ロブの旅—Summering in Japan

Found Mach III on the evil FB too. ;)

Had another great chat with John today. I didn't realize that Apex was such a journey from Tokyo. It looks like I'm going to have to find some lodging much closer to the shop for about the first week when I'll be wrenching on the bike. John says there might be some camping available in the area so I might go for that too.

It turns out that it was MotionX GPS. I've installed the app on my phone, and I'm checking it out. If some of you have some fun ride maps available that I could start testing out that would be great. :)

I've started to collect destinations that I want to seek out. I'm sure it will be easy to come up with too many, but I'm hoping that they will create a pattern from which I can string together some routes.

Not getting your emails. Sent a PM. Been busy so have a bit of time to get stuff done, now.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Hi John,

I resent the emails, and sent the content in a PM too. ;)

Thanks!

Default Licensed to Ride

Cool Stalking Anime: Lake Motosuko

It's somewhat of a fan tradition to visit the actual sites featured as locations in anime. The new anime Yuru Camp makes it rather easy because they actually show the street signs to some of the campsites they visit. In the first episode Rin camps out at Lake Motosuko. One of the five lakes surrounding Mt. Fuji and the most north west, Motosuko can be found on the back of the 1000 yen bill.

Yuru Camp has a number of top level seiyuus. Voicing Rin is Touyama Nao who also voiced Rin from Bakuon!!. Inuyama Aoi is voiced by Toyosaki Aki, aka Yui from K-On!!. Hanamori Yumiri who voiced Zero is voicing the ever energetic Nadeshiko. Hara Sayuri who voiced Mio in Idolmaster and Luna in KonoSuba is voicing Chiaki, and Takahashi Rie known for Megumin in KonoSuba and Emilia from RE:Zero is voicing Ena.

Should have some really good news to post here very soon. ;)

I've been engaged in research for this adventure, and I came across this page on the DJI website. There are some pretty strict regulations with regards to taking batteries on the plane.

Last edited by ToraTora; 16-02-18 at 01:32 PM.

Cool Oh the SEXY!!

It just arrived at Apexmoto!!

Thanks so much John and company.

Default ロブの旅—Summering in Japan

Nice looking little bike! New or used? Just curious
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

It's used, but barely. 520km on the clocks. But it is still 7 years old.

I have a bunch of upgrades planed. Things I usually do with these bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    It's used, but barely. 520km on the clocks. But it is still 7 years old.

I have a bunch of upgrades planed. Things I usually do with these bikes.
    Sweet look forward to seeing it
    Life begins at 155mph

Cool Yuru Camp!!

In episode seven of Yuru Camp we are introduced to Rin's Ojijan. He's the one that inspired her to become a camper by giving her his hand me down gear. Rin's mom comments on how he's still adventuring. What an excellent role model.

Cool GPR dekimasu yo!

People have been wondering if these little bikes can make the trek. Here's my 05 GPR on a camping trip to Eureka from SF. We took a very round about way of traveling up there including costal, and inland roads. Pretty much the twistyist route we could find. It was quite a magical adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    People have been wondering if these little bikes can make the trek. Here's my 05 GPR on a camping trip to Eureka from SF. We took a very round about way of traveling up there including costal, and inland roads. Pretty much the twistyist route we could find. It was quite a magical adventure.
    I presume the people questioning that are from the US rather than here in Japan because otherwise I don't know who wouldn't believe the bike could do it. People travel around the world on [Honda cubs](https://c90adventures.co.uk/) for crying out loud. The Derbi is a good solid step up from that.

Default No CC

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    I presume the people questioning that are from the US rather than here in Japan because otherwise I don't know who wouldn't believe the bike could do it. People travel around the world on [Honda cubs](https://c90adventures.co.uk/) for crying out loud. The Derbi is a good solid step up from that.
    Oh yeah for sure most of it is coming from folks in the States, but they are not the only ones. ;)

Default Giant Loop

The Giant Loop Coyote saddle bags showed up this week. I had a chance to sit them on the 899 for a quick look. As a test I put the sleeping bag in one leg and the tent in the other. They pretty much consume that whole area. I usually keep those items in the red REI duffle bag, which I probably will continue to do. The mounting straps with the Coyote should be able to hold the REI nicely in place on the top, but if not there are extra mounting points on the Coyote. There are also mounting points on the front of the legs for additional storage. Something I'll have to investigate further. So far it's looking pretty nice.

There are handles on either side of the Coyote for when it's off the bike. These will come in handy at the air port.

Those look pretty darn big
    Life begins at 155mph

Cool Winding Riders

There are a number of these videos which document part of the Replica Boom that occurred during the 80s and 90s in Japan. This video was shot on Teppoyama. The channel uploader goes by the moniker Tarō Urashima who is the protagonist of a Japanese fairy tale, so probably not his actual name.

I would really like to meet up with some of these cats while I'm out there. If you have a connection for an introduction, or any sort of lead that would be great. :)

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Those look pretty darn big
    They are smaller than typical bags. I didn't mount them because they require frame rails, or pillion foot pegs, and my 899 doesn't have them currently installed.