Thread: The Honda was a let down

Default The Honda was a let down

New to Japan, so I picked up a Honda NC750X manual with ABS, not what I am used to riding, but my bike spending allowance was tired up in by S1000R overseas. To cut a long story short, I sold my overseas bike, yennies arrived here so traded the Honda for a........ Yes another S1000R why change what you are happy with....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Best to enter a corner slow and exit fast, than enter fast and exit Dead.

They both look like they were designed by alien insect cyborgs on heroin....

That's one heck of an alien monster. I do wonder if that seat is suitable for rides throughout the universe.

On my last S1000R I did over 1100km in one day, that bike is ultra comfortable, but I have a big fat arse. Love the description of the bike.

Question, why do people buy such big bikes here in Japan. When I head out on the country roads I do actually see more big bikes

then those under 400cc. Aren't they a lot harder to handle and use up a shit load more of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous biker View Post
    Question, why do people buy such big bikes here in Japan. When I head out on the country roads I do actually see more big bikes

then those under 400cc. Aren't they a lot harder to handle and use up a shit load more of fuel.
    Guess who you talk to. Big bikes larger tank longer range. And if you go on long rides generally more comfortable. I mean small bikes are great and have their place no doubt. All depends on what you like to do and riding style. Fir some All in where is the majority of your riding done? 😊
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous biker View Post
    Question, why do people buy such big bikes here in Japan?
    Personal taste.

Prestige (It used to be amazingly hard to get a big bike license).

Conspicuous consumption.

Anything much past a Super Cub a motorcycle purchase has little or nothing to do with purely practical considerations anyway, so what does it matter what reason any individual has for their choice of bike?

Aren't they a lot harder to handle and use up a shit load more of fuel.
    Not necessarily.

I have the NC700X and it gets in the neighborhood of 30km per liter. I also ride my son's VTZ250 and it gets around 20km per liter.

The 670cc engine of the NC700 gets 50% better fuel economy than the much, much smaller 250. At my height, it is also incomparably more easy on my knees and just generally more comfortable on longer rides.
    Last edited by Mike Cash; 07-01-18 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Get rid of the unnecessary damned bolded text

The S1000R is a mighty beast. Nice step up, congratulations.

Good choice Yorkshire! The s1000r is a great bike for the endless twisties here. Really enjoyed my brief stint on one a couple years back. Can see how the Honda would've disappointed after the s1000r.
    Looking forward to seeing both of you on the road sometime. 👍

tougeexpress.com
    IBA33490

Touge Express

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    Good choice Yorkshire! The s1000r is a great bike for the endless twisties here. Really enjoyed my brief stint on one a couple years back. Can see how the Honda would've disappointed after the s1000r.
    Looking forward to seeing both of you on the road sometime. 👍

tougeexpress.com
    Thanks, I'll be on the C2C....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk