Thread: Police cracking down on loud exhausts

Default Police cracking down on loud exhausts

So I heard the police are now cracking down on loud exhausts now. With check points at the highway entrances. Primarily aimed at Bosozoku and cars, but I imagine regular bikes with loud enough exhausts will get caught in the net too.

Haven't found anything about this on the interwebs though. Anybody heard anything?
    Crash test genius

What one finds on the innertubes depends on how one searches the innertubes.

https://news.webike.net/2017/06/05/99819/

It is one of those flavor-of-the-month campaign thingies. They had it in June of 2016 and 2017. You're probably safe until June.

My bike is so quiet that at red lights on group rides I frequently find myself looking the tachometer to make sure my engine is still running.

Thanks Mike. My Japanese will not let me crawl far enough into the innertubes to find that article.

So they send you a postcard if you get caught, and you have to go and do a new shaken of sorts, I guess. 2839 inspections across the country, in June last year, if I read it correctly. So around 100 a day. Now what are the odds of running into an inspection of one of those days? Hm hm hm...

Yes, I've had to check my tacho as well. That's because of the people I ride with though, not so much that my bike is that quiet :-)
    Crash test genius

One important point to notice here is that it isn't the police who are ramrodding this operation; it is the MLIT, with the cooperation of other groups/agencies. There may be some cops on hand, but the article doesn't mention them specifically.

Yes, it looks like 2,839 checkpoints, 142,426 vehicles checked (all types, not just bikes), and 1,708 fix-yer-shit! orders issued for 2016. Hardly seems like an efficient use of tax money and man hours, does it?