Thread: How much do you pay for 3rd party insurance

Default How much do you pay for 3rd party insurance

I got to buy it and I know I'm going with the owner of this forum, and when it comes to insurance I want what is best for me just in case of an accident. So right now I only have a scooter and, well, I've been foolish not to have bought the 3rd party insurance yet. So I'd like to know what are the approximate monthly cost. Of course, I'll be contacting John and his insurance agent this week an buy it, but I'd like a some idea what to expect as for cost and coverage.

thanks

You do realize this is going to involve paperwork from the insurance company coming to your house, right?

Mike, I didn't think of that. You once told me I'm going to need a lot of help and very good people to give me a helping hand. That did happen for me. This time around, ... Anyway, like you said, I'm a grown man.

You might want to look into renting a post office box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    You might want to look into renting a post office box.
    I just got done talking to John about the insurance, seems like I'm not the only "gaijin" with about the same situation as me. Anyway, he'll be mailing the forms to fill out here, so I'll just have to explain what is best to her about the right thing to do and have when owning a scooter. Will she budge, "NO". I'll keep ya posted.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous biker View Post
    I just got done talking to John about the insurance, seems like I'm not the only "gaijin" with about the same situation as me. Anyway, he'll be mailing the forms to fill out here, so I'll just have to explain what is best to her about the right thing to do and have when owning a scooter. Will she budge, "NO". I'll keep ya posted.
    Let's give the woman a little credit, shall we? The problem isn't that she's stupid and needs the concept of insurance and the need for it explained to her. The problem is that you snuck around and bought a scooter behind her back and have been hiding it down at the bike shop instead of bringing it home.

You'd better go squeeze in a last ride before the postman gets to your house and kiss that scooter goodbye when you're done. Maybe take a photo to remember it by. The first time she reads that mail is going to be the last time you ever so much as see a scooter or motorcycle again. Do you not remember what happened to the scooter you had previous to this one?

Her concept of the way to solve the problem of "right thing to do" regarding owning a scooter is to get rid of the scooter.

You know....you could probably talk her into going for one of these sporty electric-assist bicycles. You could get out and explore your area and have just as much fun as you do on the scooter (or even more) and she wouldn't worry half as much about you doing that.

Panasonic

Yamaha
    Last edited by Mike Cash; 14-01-18 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    Let's give the woman a little credit, shall we? The problem isn't that she's stupid and needs the concept of insurance and the need for it explained to her. The problem is that you snuck around and bought a scooter behind her back and have been hiding it down at the bike shop instead of bringing it home.

You'd better go squeeze in a last ride before the postman gets to your house and kiss that scooter goodbye when you're done. Maybe take a photo to remember it by. The first time she reads that mail is going to be the last time you ever so much as see a scooter or motorcycle again. Do you not remember what happened to the scooter you had previous to this one?

Her concept of the way to solve the problem of "right thing to do" regarding owning a scooter is to get rid of the scooter.
    Mike, you are probably right on this. She doesn't want a scooter on the property. Don't Japanese wives give in a little to their husbands that at least provides them and the kids a home over their heads, and not too long ago a fairly decent income even in a foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous biker View Post
    Don't Japanese wives give in a little to their husbands that at least provides them and the kids a home over their heads, and not too long ago a fairly decent income even in a foreign country.
    She has kept a roof over your head and put food in your belly for a quarter-century or more here. Don't insult her and disrespect her by acting like you've been the breadwinner when you didn't work fucking day one the whole time you've been here. If there is anybody who needs to show a little gratitude for their upkeep, it ain't her.

By the way, while you're busy explaining to her the necessity of insurance make sure you also explain to her why you plan to spend probably two or three times more on insurance premiums by insuring it as a separate policy with a different company than you would have to spend if you just listed it as a "family bike (under 125cc bike)" on the same insurance policy that your family automobile is covered under.

Now that she's going to find out you have the scooter, if you manage to keep it then it makes no sense to get insurance the way you're going about it. If she lets you keep it, then have her take care of arranging for insurance coverage.

I guess you two know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by oi oi oi View Post
    I guess you two know each other.
    More or less.

Mike, your wisdom and blunt honesty is an asset to this forum. Cheers.

Has anyone added a scoot to their family car policy, and how much is it extra to have this? (approx)

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Mike, your wisdom and blunt honesty is an asset to this forum. Cheers.

Has anyone added a scoot to their family car policy, and how much is it extra to have this? (approx)
    Mike has said it would be cheaper if I went with my wifes insurance, which it would. Bottom line is, I can't. I contacted John of this sites owner and although he couldn't give me a price at the time for my situation, he did through out a figure of about 35000 yen and a bit more.
    It is true that Mike here is straight to the point, and because of that, I've listened to him and I was able to act at a time that I'd better do something. So yes, Mike is cool with me and he really hasn't insulted me to where I've even came back with a negative reply to him. He's a cool dude and if someone needs a helping hand, well, he's proved to show it many times to us members on this forum.