Thread: Where to work on and wash your bike

Default Where to work on and wash your bike

Figured the correct etiquette of working on your bike at large dense Japanese apartments is... dont? So far Ive messed with the bike in the designated bike parking area, space is tight, light is some what lacking but no power or water near by. Also likely much to the irritation of building management.. cameras everywhere. Stopped off at a few Ensos GS looking for place to park + dunk the bike with some much needed water. Got the polite no fuck off but did get a dam/wet rag to wipe it down.. right next to the car wash space.. Also seen guys fully working on the bike in the Autobacs carpark too.

Right now I need somewhere for a real wash + power + chain lube + lots of noise + other random crap so its going be loud and messy.

There must be places you can rent by the hour for this?

Default Where to work on and wash your bike

SOX Biker Stations seem to have this, including power washers.

It would help us to help you if we knew where you live.

I do light work on, and wash my bike (using a bucket) in the car park of my apartment complex. It's a relatively small complex, I'm acquainted with most of my neighbours and the car park is underused. I just make sure to do it over the drain, and keep away from cars.

At my local 2rinkan, they have washing facilities for 500 yen, including hose etc.

Thanks for the SOX + 2rinkan info, will find a shop close by. Did not purchase via SOX/2rinkan not sure how friendly they will be

lol yeah location would help. This is central Toyko high density living, shoe box level of free personal space thus the issue.

Got the bike via Apex (highly recommend!) its a bit too far to do random maintenance.

Rental garage space for doing maintenance work, 2,000 yen for first hour, 1,000 yen per hour after that:

http://www.gerins-p-s.jp/service.html

That includes tool usage:

http://www.gerins-p-s.jp/tool.html

Access map:

http://www.gerins-p-s.jp/company.html

By reservation. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

I've been in several SOX locations and they were ALL cold unwelcoming bastards. There were never Japanese customers present at the same time so I don't know if it was because I'm a gaijin or because they're like that to ALL potential customers. The whole damned chain can kiss my ass.

Google for: 東京 バイク 洗車場 and check out the places that pop up on the map. They won't all fit the bill, but phoning or visiting should turn up at least one that will.
    Last edited by Mike Cash; 09-02-18 at 07:07 AM.

Cool

Mike that is some sweet GoogleFu you've got going there.

東京 バイク 洗車場

I suppose I should add: Based on this thread I checked out the Sox pages. They offer shipping from Japan. I sent them a post based on their info. So far crickets, but I'm sure they are busy cats. Hopefully I'll hear something eventually. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    Based on this thread I checked out the Sox pages. They offer shipping from Japan. I sent them a post based on their info. So far crickets, but I'm sure they are busy cats. Hopefully I'll hear something eventually. ;)
    I missed something: What are you trying to buy?

I have dealt with SOX staff recently. I hope you wrote in JPN. . .

Dam Mike thats some pure gold there. Their webpage specifically lists bikes too, making a booking, thank you.

I think someone mentioned this site before for washing. In theory the vending machine dosent give a shit if your a cage or a bike.. hopefully there`s no staff attendant on site. Will report back.
    http://www.tokyops.co.jp/service/carwashooi/

It looks like there is even a bike lift.

You don't have crazy loud pipes, do you? They're located in a residential area.
    Last edited by Mike Cash; 09-02-18 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthbyNW View Post
    I missed something: What are you trying to buy?

I have dealt with SOX staff recently. I hope you wrote in JPN. . .
    I already bought something. It should arrive at Apex this week. I'll need to find a way to get it home after my adventure. Their website is in English so I just did English. :)

No so loud, still stock exhaust, havent installed the M4 snap on ... yet lol.. those things are insane, 90+dB @ idle.

Amusing to see the owner puts his height and weight on the page ... apparently a big guy who likes manga and motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    I already bought something. It should arrive at Apex this week. I'll need to find a way to get it home after my adventure. Their website is in English so I just did English. :)
    Look carefully at that site again. They're not a shipping service for individual customers. They're shipping/selling by the container load. They're not going to be bothered shipping a single bike that wasn't even purchased through them. If you want thirty or so bikes all at once, they're your guys.

Update from the rental garage guy, sounds like the weekends are booked solidly. Need to make a reservation 2-3 weeks in advance.

Also digged around and my apartment complex actually has a dedicated car wash area hidden away, concrete is some what filthy and it has power. Total cost is 200 JPY for an hour or so, includes some kind power spray thing. As its a "dedicated area" for maintenance should be kosher to do most things.

This being winter time you may find that there is some procedure to be followed with the power washer regarding shutting off the water supply and running it dry before securing it in order to prevent damage due to freezing. Be sure to check first or you may find yourself with a bill and/or some pissed off people.

Thanks, need ask what the procedure is for using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    Look carefully at that site again. They're not a shipping service for individual customers. They're shipping/selling by the container load. They're not going to be bothered shipping a single bike that wasn't even purchased through them. If you want thirty or so bikes all at once, they're your guys.
    Thanks Mike!

Nankai Buhin also has nice place for bike wash
    There's many shops but I think not all of them has the bike wash area. I only go to the Minami Tokyo shop in Ota district.
    It's 500 Yen for 20min (the time was longer before, but some customers do sh*t so they changed it).
    They borrow you a hose, a bucket, shampoo, 1 sponge, 1 brush, and 2 rags.
    I always wash first, then give the equipment back (so they stop counting the time), then continue with my chain or whatever maintenance. At the end, have a walk in the shop while waiting to dry. Then leave.