Thread: Nara

Default Nara

Is this an active forum ? Just moved from China and was looking for information on where to park my bike dt Osaka and this forum came up ,

anyway anyone up for a ride or a cup of coffee ?

Default Nara

Where are you? In in the Kyoto / Nara area
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

I’m in Nakatomigaoka , basically the border of Kyoto near Ikoma . Yourself?

Hey as an aside is filtering ok in Japan ? Do it all the time but no idea if I should expect a ticket at some point .

Default Nara

Thats funny I go to Sportland Ikoma all the time LOL.
    Actually I am in Kizu which is the edge of Kyoto and next to Nara city and Takanohara.
    As to filtering I am guessing you mean lane splitting and yeah its done here.
    Life begins at 155mph

Cool
    Don’t know where that is or what it is . If a gym ... I’m covered in tattoos so they’re no go zones for me .

Anyways hit me up for a meet and greet .

So far only thing I can say about Japan is the ex pat scene is rather thin on the ground not to friendly compared to China.

Default Nara

Well there are quite a few expats in Osaka but if that is the scene you seek your really living in the wrong area 😎
    Kyoto/Nara expat scene is quite nill Osakas better Tokyo is the largest.
    That being said there are some great folks here in the Isaka at Kyoto Nara area for riding who love the ride. Of course it all depends what kind of riding you like to do.
    Takanohara is an area in Kyoto/Nara as well as a large shopping mall.
    There is a lot of rides and as it gets warmer a lot of rides and camp trips if that's your thing.

What are you riding? We could meet up grab some coffee.
    Life begins at 155mph

My oldest has drum lessons at takohara aeon each sat ,

I ride a fatboy and I’m not much of a speed demon but twisties are always fun , no way I keep up with rice rockets though.

As to the ex pat scene . Come on man it’s nessarry to hang with others and maybe get a reset after all the reading between lines and obfuscation.

Bikes ,BBQ ,beer ,Motorhead , ya know the finer things .

Default Nara

I ride a Ducati ! Up for coffee sometime.
    We do a spring ( golden week) and summer ( Obon) multi day ride if interested.
    Speed not a requirement 😎
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I ride a Ducati ! Up for coffee sometime.
    We do a spring ( golden week) and summer ( Obon) multi day ride if interested.
    Speed not a requirement 😎
    A twin is a twin is how I feel about it. ;)

I unfortunately don't have a photo of us, but one year on the Vintage ride in SF I rode my moped (the one in my avatar—that photo is actually from that ride), and the only other guy in the group that wanted to "ride" was on a Harley. We had a great time riding together. He got me on all of the straights, and I got him on all of the corners. It was all in city riding so we weren't going very fast, but it was a blast. Had to be quite a site though—a moped and a Harley. lolz

Think you'll find the expat community fine once you settle in and get in your own groove and find like minded people.

You're in a great area for accessibility to some great roads. I like the Kii peninsula, Shikoku, and anything rural, including Sea of Japan coast. The other way, up through Aichi and over to Kanazawa some nice riding spots.

Your fat Boy plenty fast enough to get your license taken off you. Anything over 30KMH above the speed limit is automatic suspension.

Motorhead. Awesome. Iron Horse/Born to Lose, Live to Win, Ace all in my riding playlist...