Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP

Default MotoGP

Ladies and Gentlemen start your engines. Last night abd early this morning the opening round of the 19 round 2018 MotoGP season took place.
    No spoilers here except to say all 3 classes provided great action. Can we say down to the wire. Now if you've never seen a brake rotor completely glow red then watch close to the last 6 laps in Moto2.
    The Moto3 class will be another great class to watch right down to the end.
    Moto2 great riders without doubt
    And the premier class MotoGP we are in for another great season such a great class if riders it will be great.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

I made it out to the D-Store to watch the main race. Still have yet to pickup Moto2, and Moto3. But they are sitting on the hard driving waiting for their turn in the cue. ;)

Totally agree about how things looked in the main race. Did you read about what happened to Lorenzo? Apparently his brake pad fell out! He had no front brake so he had to lay it down.

Default MotoGP

ROUND 2 Argentina!
    Well for those who stayed up to watch ABSOUTLY incredible. While if you have the video pass as I do or wait to watch the re broadcast there's still nothing like live!
    Gaurentee not to dissapointed. All 3 classes were exciting for sure but this week MotoGP took the crown. I won't give the finish away however Honda took its 750th win. And Nakagami is in the points👍.
    Life begins at 155mph

I've yet to see the 2 and 3, but GP was a total shit show. That there wasn't a DQ of a Mr. You Know Who just goes back to what I've said so many times. :(

As for the other cats, well yeah very fun race with a lot of excitement. The whole start though was again a total shit show. Even the commentators couldn't come up a way to rationalize it from the rules. This is suppose to be the top level of motorcycle racing, and yet it looks more like an episode of the Three Stooges.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default MotoGP

Yeah that start was a total clusterfuck.. it's pretty messed up when NOBODY riders or managers were sure what to do.
    As to MM yeah what the .... his penality was not enough I mean look how Rossi was screwed a few years back...
    On an up side at least he did walk over to apologize that is something.
    Life begins at 155mph

Yeah It's not like it was a mistake. He repeatedly did it to multiple people. The last time he rammed Rossi he was able to get it blamed on Rossi because Rossi's foot came off the peg due to the ramming. But hey MM wasn't the only Honda rider ramming people. Did you see Moto3?

Default MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    Yeah It's not like it was a mistake. He repeatedly did it to multiple people. The last time he rammed Rossi he was able to get it blamed on Rossi because Rossi's foot came off the peg due to the ramming. But hey MM wasn't the only Honda rider ramming people. Did you see Moto3?
    Yes, yes I did.... insane weekend without doubt!
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Yes, yes I did.... insane weekend without doubt!
    I was asking because spoilers are zen zen tanoshikunai. ;)

Sorry to but in, but MM seams to have perfected the new passing maneuver, Perhaps not an exact science, but ram up the inside and use the outside bike as a stabilizer, I seen it several time by different riders in random occasions, but MM makes it look like an optional technique, if he's coming from a ride through with little to loose anyway.

Default MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by rich 400 View Post
    Sorry to but in, but MM seams to have perfected the new passing maneuver, Perhaps not an exact science, but ram up the inside and use the outside bike as a stabilizer, I seen it several time by different riders in random occasions, but MM makes it look like an optional technique, if he's coming from a ride through with little to loose anyway.
    Not butting in the MotoGP discussion rocjs👍 MM has been pulling this for years now but he took it to a new level this past weekend when you get three penalties in one race all of which were well-deserved by the way although the last one should've been more than 30 seconds.
    That being said and shine away from NM specifically there was recently an article on how in the last few years MotoGP has become much more aggressive and why and what the hell has happened? I'm gonna now try and find that link then when I find it I'll I'll post it up here but it is something to consider.
    Life begins at 155mph

Cool I look forward to reading it. :)

Default MotoGP

Life begins at 155mph

A great read, love the 2018 rollerball coincidence!

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    Nice joke! VR look for him, go to him, pull him out the track and finally kick his front brake... and you see MM ramming?

Default MotoGP

Actually MM did do the ramming and wasn't penalized enough.
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Actually MM did do the ramming and wasn't penalized enough.
    Are you talking about Argentina 2018 or Malaysia 2015? In Argentina Zarco got no penalty for making Pedrosa crash, neither Petrucci after ramming Espargaro... but looks like this is not important, like Miller´s pole position or Crutchlow´s victory, because Rossi was not involved.

Default MotoGP

Malaysia that was a bizzare encounter. But I'm talking about the SHIT behavior and attitude and disregard for the rules MM showed during Argentina.
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Nice joke! VR look for him, go to him, pull him out the track and finally kick his front brake... and you see MM ramming?
    If you watch all of the video footage it really takes a huge imagination to see what you describe. Rossi's foot comes off the bike when Marc rams Rossi. You can say that Rossi did slow down and direct Marc towards the edge of the track, yes he did do this after Marc had done it to him during that race—repeatedly. But Rossi did not run Marc off the track. There was still plenty of track left, which was not the case in Argentina where Marc actually did run Rossi off the track, after Marc rammed Rossi.

Here's the thing that you are not taking into consideration. In Malaysia Marc was totally fucking with Rossi during the race. Rewatch the race it's very clear to see. Marc did this to fuck Rossi's attempt at a title. This is truly horrible sportsmanship in action. Marc wasn't trying to race, he was purely out there to cause Rossi to lose. That race direction didn't give Marc a big penalty too is yet another example of how Honda gets special treatment. If Marc doesn't receive a heavy sanction in Austin for his shenanigans in Argentina (like not being able to race Austin), it will again show that Honda gets special treatment. Marc was totally out of control in Argentina. He sent one rider down, he nearly sent another, and he cheated at the start by not going to pit lane after he stalled his bike. He knew the rules, and he didn't follow them. The proper term for that behavior is cheating.

cheat
    verb, gerund or present participle: cheating
    1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

Here's a link to the 2015 Malaysia race if you care to take the time to investigate.

Indeed I watched the race again. Comentators said it was "dogfight", "brilliant" and "epic battle". I saw two pilots passing each other, and that happen multiple times (as in many races, just look a Moto3 one) until Rossi look for Márquez, pulls him out on purpose, and when both are leaning side by side, kicks the front brake, making the front wheel lock, so obviously Márquez fell. You can repeat the same as every Rossi fan, but I am not a Márquez fan, so I can see things clearly, not thru yellow fog. Just think about it: If Márquez was trying to, using your words, "fucking" Rossi to get the title, why Márquez won the previous race to Lorenzo? Will be easier to "fuck" Rossi just let him pass and get 5 points more, but no, he decided to win the race. Strange, uh?

I'm a scientist. I'm looking at the data. There's no fog here. If you don't see Marc slowing down after his passes you are not paying attention. The highlight reels wont show this, but you can see it from Rossi's reactions after the passes. Race Director Mike Webb did admit that Marc was intentionally slowing Rossi down—this happened repeatedly. You don't need fog to see it.

You bring up another data point that should alert you to the shenanigans played by Marc. If he had the pace to run away with the win, then why was he having so much difficulty staying ahead of Rossi during the early part of the race? Why didn't he just take off and get to the front? Did he magically get a power boost from riding over some power up chevrons on the track? Nope, he was intentionally fucking around. And if you look at the psychology of Marc, sure he wants to see Rossi lose, but more than that Marc wants to win. It's very easy to understand why he passed Lorenzo. Nothing strange about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BK07_CAP-000023-1024x576.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	12971