Thread: Where is the tread about points taken on the licensing exam. If not a sticky, can it be one

Default Where is the tread about points taken on the licensing exam. If not a sticky, can it be one

I was looking for it, but can't find it. Mike Cash posted it not to long ago.

Thanks Mike. Got the appt. for the test today for the first week in April. The guy at the testing center took some time and show me the correct 3 maps for the kougata license. I've been given the 3 maps for the Oogata license, so its back to square one on remembering the 3 maps for kougata exam.

You're welcome. Good luck!

("kogata", not "kougata")

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    You're welcome. Good luck!

("kogata", not "kougata")
    After the guy was done talking to me he said it may take me 10 or 20 times to pass. Yikes!

The figure 8 looks like the most difficult part of the course though. I only have to go on that narrow strip that is about 10 inches high. Don't have to go around the cones and the big bumps so that is a relief. Also the bike is about 200 kilos?

don't know if you can see it in the link here
    https://www.google.co.jp/maps/search...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

200kg for a 125cc bike? What's it made of? Depleted uranium?

Yamaha Zuma 125 says it weighs 262lb, wet. Or about the same as the average American rider. So maybe we have approximately the right numbers but the wrong units.

Default Where is the tread about points taken on the licensing exam. If not a sticky, can it be one

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    Yamaha Zuma 125 says it weighs 262lb, wet. Or about the same as the average American rider. So maybe we have approximately the right numbers but the wrong units.
    Where do you get the number that the average American rider weighs 262 lb?
    That's a pretty messed up statement .
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Brief estimate of riders on the last Bike Week vid I saw on YouTube, plus personal estimates from recent trips to Amerika. Plus rounded up a bit as a jab to the USA's growing obesity issues, and that one is confirmed by the portions I was served on a recent trip to Texas.

So basically pulled it out of your ass.
    Judging riders of a bike week you tube video.
    And you might want to learn how to spell America😎
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous biker View Post
    After the guy was done talking to me he said it may take me 10 or 20 times to pass. Yikes!
    This is why a school is your best bet. You already have your car drivers license. To upgrade to a 125cc automatic bike license would be around 50000 yen, depending on the school. This would be roughly the same as what it would cost you to attempt to take the test 10 times, and way less than what it would cost you to take the test 20 times. In addition, you would be getting that additional training you clearly need.

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    This is why a school is your best bet. You already have your car drivers license. To upgrade to a 125cc automatic bike license would be around 50000 yen, depending on the school. This would be roughly the same as what it would cost you to attempt to take the test 10 times, and way less than what it would cost you to take the test 20 times. In addition, you would be getting that additional training you clearly need.
    Hey Dale
    You've always been right about what is best. I'm schedule to take the test this week and after that, if it is just way too difficult, then its the school route. I'm not interested in the automatic, the manual is what I want. Been looking at the new Grom Honda 125cc. But also the used bike the shop owner has. A 125 Honda CBX. It looks like this:
    http://www.goobike.com/spread/880112...tml?disp_ord=3
    I haven't asked about the price since I don't have the license yet, but like the scooter, he'll probably let me store it in his shop garage.
    Last edited by adventurous biker; 01-04-18 at 06:55 AM.