Thread: Greetings from Okinawa-importing 800cc bike from US

Default Greetings from Okinawa-importing 800cc bike from US

Greetings. My name is Mike and I recently immigrated to Okinawa, Japan. I have a GOJ residence card and am not SOFA status.

I imported a 2009 BMW F-800GS along with my household goods shipment. I am currently trying to complete the registration process so that I can ride the bike.

I have read through the process, including this thread.

I'm trying to get the "E-Mark" ECE-78 Brake Certification from BMW, but not having much luck with it. I would prefer to take the motorcycle to Osaka for the emissions inspection, however, I may need to take the bike to Tokyo if I can't obtain the brake certificate. While I would like to complete the process myself, I am considering hiring a motorcycle shop near Tokyo that has experience with imported motorcycles. At this point I think it will be much quicker.

Any recommendations for a motorcycle shop near Tokyo with experience regarding the inspection of motorcycles imported from the US?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

The forum owner is Apexmoto in Yamanashi. He can get everything set up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    The forum owner is Apexmoto in Yamanashi. He can get everything set up for you.
    Thank you.