Thread: Anyone here in Osaka

Default Anyone here in Osaka

A magnitude 5.9 earthquake struck Osaka at approximately 8:00 am JST. There have been three confirmed deaths, and reports of more than 50 other casualties. Train lines in the area are currently suspended. No tsunami warning has been issued. The weather agency has issued a warning against landslides, adding that people should be cautious about possible aftershocks for a few days. In Osaka Prefecture, about 170,800 homes and buildings were without power as of 9:30 am. U.S. citizens in the area should monitor local news and follow directions from local officials. Information on affected areas is available in English from the Japan Meteorological Agency: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/.
    The U.S. Consulate in Osaka continues to operate under normal conditions. U.S. citizens traveling or living in the affected region: please let friends and family know you are safe. Any related inquires can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo or the U.S. Consulate in Osaka. U.S. Embassy Tokyo Tel: 03-3224-5000 (from Japan), +81 3-3224-5000 (from the US) Email: TokyoACS@state.gov. U.S. Consulate General Osaka Tel: 06-6315-5900 (from Japan), +81 6-6315-5900 (from the US) Email: AOK@state.gov.

Default Anyone here in Osaka

Thanks for the cut and paste info...
    I'm sure those living under a rock apreicate it. 😎👍
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I'm sure those living under a rock apreicate it. ����
    Thanks, I do know what it means living under a rock, a big rock actually. Anyway, that is from the American Embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I'm sure those living under a rock apreicate it. ����
    How is anybody in Osaka supposed to know there was a big earthquake there unless somebody tells them?