Thread: Track days

Default Track days

Thinking of getting into track racing, does anyone else partake from here?

Wondering whether there's a scene (ideal would be to get into a scene of a mix of foreigners and Japanese), and if there's a thriving scene how is it and tips for getting into this?

Have an XSR900 but if I get into it could see myself getting a second bike.

Any thoughts welcome. Just kicking around the idea right now.

Default Track days

Well there are people who hit the track. Now several questions come to mind.
    Where are you located?
    What do you want to do?
    Do you want to do just “track days”?
    Do you want to actually race?
    If so
    What do you want to race?
    Meaning full size bikes or smaller class?
    And so you hold an MFJ license?
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Here are some answers to your questions:

1. Located in central Tokyo.
    2. I'd like to get into racing perhaps rather than just doing track days by myself. To be honest I have no idea what either really entails.
    3. No MFJ license (I assume this is a special category licence needed for racing)

Basically though, I'm not just interested in riding a bike around a track - I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly...?) that there is a good social scene as well... Could you shed any light on this?

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Default Track days

You will find that track are pretty well attended and a bit less strict on rules and requirements.
    I think you will also find there are a number of folks up that way doing track days.
    Another option is going to the Motegi racing school which will allow you to ride/race there and at Suzuka.
    Or the full MFJ route which is like WERA and MotoAmerica in the states
    Yet another option is racing minibike now those are classified 50cc to 125cc like the NSR 50 or the NSF100 or the groom... actually very competitive lots of races and not so expensive as other routes.
    Gear:
    A helmet with a MFJ rating
    Racing suit if you go bigger bikes must be MFJ approved if minibikes probably not
    Racing boots
    Racing gloves
    And a bike properly prepared
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Im doing the Sodegaura license this Sunday 22nd, hopefully can fumble my way though. Was advised to start off at a small track until my skills have progressed to hit up the bigger circuits.

Whole point is to fly on wheels... test your limits, become a better rider. That and perhaps track days are safer than cafe racing lol.