Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: こんにちは from German in Japan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default こんにちは from German in Japan

    Hello everyone,

    my name is Thomas, I got the working holiday visa for Japan for one year.
    I'm from Germany, like riding a Yamaha TDM 900 there and am now in contact with John to get a motorcycle (aiming for 250cc to avoid shaken trouble) in the land of the rising sun. First bureaucratic stuff is mastered, I got my drivers license translated. Although it seems the JAF made a mistake as they only marked the class A with limitation of 25kW (got license in 2012), maybe any European / German driver knows about this issue.

    Now I have a question already in my first post: I'm living in Kobe city, but these days traveling in Ibaraki prefecture, not sure when I will come back to Kobe. Obviously I have to get my license plate in Kobe District Transport Bureau. Any ideas how to avoid the long and/or expensive way back to Kobe?

    Thank you and always safe riding,
    Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities

  2. Default

    Hi Thomas,
    the translation of your german license should not have other restrictions than your german license. Sometimes there is a misunderstanding due to the wording of the german/euro license, though. Maybe another visit to the JAF can clear that? The German Consulate in Osaka does the translation as well... but it's about 4000Yen and takes 1-2 weeks so you need to go there twice (and beware, they're closed on japanese AND german public holidays. guess how I found out..hahaha). Having said that, bigger bikes aren't always better here... Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts