Thread: Sakhalin Island

Default Sakhalin Island

I know there were some folks who did the ride a few years back. Id love to pick your brains to get info for the Island. A buddy of mine and I would like to do it.
    Any info anyone can offer would be great thanks🏍👍
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Some internet resources are indicating that the ferry from Wakanai to Saharin has been suspended starting this year. However, I did find this: http://www.hs-line.com/index.html which looks promising except that it looks like it's a passenger ferry only. On the same website, there is information about freight shipping as well, and that may be the only way to get your bikes there.

Keep us posted with what you find out, because I've been wanting to do this for a while as well.

Default Sakhalin Island

Were starting to look now for leg one of our epic ride starting next year.
    Thanks for the link. I saw a passenger ferry also but I have not dug deep yet. As I find info Im happy to share it.
    Since I know some guys here had done it in the past thought it would be good to start here.
    Life begins at 155mph

Default Sakhalin Island

So in searching The Ferry that The Guys took a few years ago is NO LONGER Running. The JApanese company hat was running it did not want to pay the fees is any longer so there is NO Direct Car Ferry service to Shaklin Any more. There is a passenger ferry only.
    If anybody has information to the contrary I an happy to be wrong on this.
    I do know there is a car/passenger ferry that goes Sakiminato Donghae S. Korea and then to Vladivostok Russia and I understand then you can get to Shaklin. But it is very tie consuming.
    Life begins at 155mph

That matches what I found as well.

Default Sakhalin Island

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    That matches what I found as well.
    And that is such a bummer!!!!!!
    Maybe the company currently doing passenger service will change to passenger and vehicles next year 😎🏍
    One can hope. Ill need to search alternate ride plans as a backup. While I continue trying to find a way 👍
    If your up for an epic ride... let me know. Were thinking about 2 to 3weeks (tops) on this but probably closer to 2 if we can
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    If your up for an epic ride... let me know. We’re thinking about 2 to 3 weeks (tops) on this but probably closer to 2 if we can
    It'll depend on when next year, and where. Last time I tried to get a visa for traveling in Russia, I was denied. Either way, shoot me a PM because I'm certainly up for something epic.

Default Sakhalin Island

Just an update so there is no plan for a car ferry as of today from wakkanni to shakalin.
    Still looking for options on that BUT currently it seems you could take the ferry by way of Busan and up to Russia but hearing of delays up to a week going that route so probably not viable.
    If anyone hears of a different route please share.
    I suppose you could technically fly the bikes up and back but that is insane provably.
    Life begins at 155mph