Thread: How to deregister a bike?

Default How to deregister a bike?

I'm only riding on tracks and the bike is no longer road-legal anyway.

So how to deregister it?

The intent is to stop paying taxes and the such. The insurance will go too.

Thank you guys.
    CRF250

Default How to deregister a bike?

I believe you take your number plate and paperwork to your Shaken center and inform them the bike is no longer on the road or being ridden on the road I believe thereís a firm and you turn in your number plate they give you some paper and thatís it.
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

How good is your written Japanese?

The short version is remove the plate, take it and all the other paperwork to the place that issued said plate*, and say おわった。 Someone else will likely have a better term.

Fill out a form or two, they take the plate, give you a receipt, and it's done.

Keep the receipt, you will need it when you eventually scrap the bike.

* NOT the same place you got your drivers license, but could be next door. Samezu being a prime example. If the plate says 品川 you can go there.

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    How good is your written Japanese?

The short version is remove the plate, take it and all the other paperwork to the place that issued said plate*, and say おわった。 Someone else will likely have a better term.

Fill out a form or two, they take the plate, give you a receipt, and it's done.

Keep the receipt, you will need it when you eventually scrap the bike.

* NOT the same place you got your drivers license, but could be next door. Samezu being a prime example. If the plate says 品川 you can go there.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Japanese is no problem so it seems the process is simple enough. No idea on which office that is, though. The dealer took care of that.
    CRF250

What does it say on the top line of the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I believe you take your number plate and paperwork to your Shaken center and inform them the bike is no longer on the road or being ridden on the road I believe there’s a firm and you turn in your number plate they give you some paper and that’s it.
    Did not see your reply. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    What does it say on the top line of the plate?
    Good point. Will look.
    CRF250