Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: User shaken tip: tax forms

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yamato
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: User shaken tip: tax forms

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider
    Quote Originally Posted by bibendum
    Present for you, dear:
    admire a memorial pic from my Firebird…all DIY, baby
    Let me guess.... This was your car and it could talk to you

    Wrong.
    Thank you for giving proof of your ignorance. :lol!:

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hiroshima
    Posts
    447

    Default

    I don't know if it has been mentioned or not but if you need to make sure that your JMCA numbers match your bike's year, you can enter the JMCA number here and search their database.
    "Who is your daddy and what does he do?" - Det. John Kimble

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    245

    Default

    User shaken tip #2493785

    When doing a new registration (新規登録) with your shaken, they will ask for your jyuuminhyou. If you are not Japanese, you must give them a paper certificate copy of your gaijin card which can be bought for 300yen (musashino city, Tokyo) at the city office.

    When I went to the city office and told the guy I needed a copy for Shaken, he told me "you will not need it, everything you need to show is written on your gaijin card." I got one just in case and the guy at the city office was WRONG. You need the paper copy.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tatebayashi, Gunma
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I've gone through the shaken centre in Nerima 3 times and they've never failed my lights. In fact, they never failed anything. Nerima comes highly recommended!

    BTW, even if you have Shinagawa plates, you can go to Nerima (that's what I do). Not sure about other plates, but maybe you can go to any centre you choose to.
    You have to do meigihenko (change registration) in the same office/ prefecture that you live. Shaken can be done anywhere.

    My meigihenko has to be done in Maebashi, because I live in Gunma. I usually do my shaken in Sano, Tochigi because it is nearer to where I live.
    Not all test centers allow user shaken, there is an office in Ota, Gunma that is for trade only. Not sure if they do meigihenko, but I will go to Maebashi anyway, just for the ride.

  5. #25

    Default

    I just heard today that some car accessory shops are licensed to do shaken.
    One of my staff had her car done for JPY60,000 which is not much more expensive than
    doing it yourself. Will try to get the name of this place as might use it for the Legacy shaken.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    I'll be doing the Bongo's shaken on Friday along with a plate change from Shinagawa to Yokohama. Today I got the parking permit, fixed a cracked tail light and removed the offroad lights and the extra backup light. Tomorrow it's off to the ward office get the juminhyo and pay the tax. Thursday will give it a quick wash, and on Friday it's showtime!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yokosuka
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I'll be doing the Bongo's shaken on Friday along with a plate change from Shinagawa to Yokohama. Today I got the parking permit, fixed a cracked tail light and removed the offroad lights and the extra backup light. Tomorrow it's off to the ward office get the juminhyo and pay the tax. Thursday will give it a quick wash, and on Friday it's showtime!
    Might see you there Jim as I plan on going there the same day to de-register the E-Glide and put base plates on the RK.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Do you use the one on Rt. 12 a bit past Ikea?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Seto, Aichi
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    I just heard today that some car accessory shops are licensed to do shaken.
    One of my staff had her car done for JPY60,000 which is not much more expensive than
    doing it yourself. Will try to get the name of this place as might use it for the Legacy shaken.
    We've booked in with a shaken garage, a shop close to where we live which is not the shaken centre. It's going to cost us ¥70,870 minus 2-3,000 because our car should qualify for eco-car discount. We own a Toyota Sienta. Smaller cars cost less. Normally the shaken would cost ¥66,800 if we did it ourselves (user-shaken). Here's the link to the company which seems to be nationwide.

    http://www.kobac.co.jp/index.html


    Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    We've booked in with a shaken garage, a shop close to where we live which is not the shaken centre. It's going to cost us ¥70,870 minus 2-3,000 because our car should qualify for eco-car discount. We own a Toyota Sienta. Smaller cars cost less. Normally the shaken would cost ¥66,800 if we did it ourselves (user-shaken). Here's the link to the company which seems to be nationwide.

    http://www.kobac.co.jp/index.html
    Excellent. It is worth the extra to have someone else do it IMHO. Especially when some places can do it on weekends in an hour,
    as for me it would take much of the day usually.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    User shaken usually takes me about an hour but I have mornings free so it's easy to do myself. If you don't have free time 9-5 it makes sense to pay a garage to do the legwork. Good to keep in mind that engine displacement largely determines actual shaken costs.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Seto, Aichi
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    I should add that the place I mentioned above does the shaken on their own premises. Apparently it can take as little as 30 minutes, paperwork and check all in.


    Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yokosuka
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Do you use the one on Rt. 12 a bit past Ikea?
    That be the place! I assume that's what you'll be using since you're switching plates to Yokohama?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Yup, just a few minutes from my place.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yokosuka
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    I have a Doctors appt early in the a.m. and plan on heading up immediately there after. I hope to be there around 9:30 - 10'ish.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yokosuka
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Do you use the one on Rt. 12 a bit past Ikea?

    Had a big hole in my sked this afternoon and got 'er done today. Hope to get out for a ride this weekend. The RK needs a bit of a cleaning after having sat for over a month with no TLC. If nothing else I plan on going to visit my painter in Totsuka and threaten his life

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdkng103 View Post
    Had a big hole in my sked this afternoon and got 'er done today. Hope to get out for a ride this weekend. The RK needs a bit of a cleaning after having sat for over a month with no TLC. If nothing else I plan on going to visit my painter in Totsuka and threaten his life
    Still undecided but I might join the Sunday ride that Antkiller posted up. You thinking about that?

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yokosuka
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Still undecided but I might join the Sunday ride that Antkiller posted up. You thinking about that?
    I can only get away for short runs this weekend. The wife is going to be out of town and I have to dog sit. Let me know the details of what you guys are doing and I'll see if I can fit in an intercept on Sunday. I'll probably spend a good deal of time on Saturday cleaning the bike.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    17,156

    Default

    Just drop the pooch(s) off at Phil's!

    Will let you know if I decide to go.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yokosuka
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Just drop the pooch(s) off at Phil's!

    Will let you know if I decide to go.
    If life were only that easy. Unfortunately one of the (two) dogs is anti-social and doesn't get along well with other dogs (other than his Step-Brother). They are also (thanks to my loving wife) spoiled rotten and require near constant attention. But since they are a pleasure to have around I don't mind doing my part when the time comes.

    If you don't do the weekend thing drop me a line. I can probably get away for about 5 - 6 hours from Sunday a.m. through mid afternoon. Enough time to hit Doshi/Yamanaka and pass through Gotemba over to Ashinoko/Hakone and back. Or maybe we can scour some of the local Ducati shops and see if there are an Multi's ready for flogging

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •