Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '07 Bandit 1250S on the dyno

Default '07 Bandit 1250S on the dyno

Wow, the new fuel-injected, liquid-cooled Bandit 1250S stays above 80 ft-lbs of torque from 3k to 7k RPM. :shocked!:

James, you really need one of these. :mrgreen:

check that out!! that cam timing is all about low end grunt!!! really plays havoc witht he peak power though, it just trails off, has a dying hiccup and finally karks it!!!

Default Re: '07 Bandit 1250S on the dyno

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dino
    Wow, the new fuel-injected, liquid-cooled Bandit 1250S stays above 80 ft-lbs of torque from 3k to 7k RPM. :shocked!:

James, you really need one of these. :mrgreen:
    According to this chart it looks like the new Bandit would make a great and fun commuter bike.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Feckin, eh 8)

My 2001 FZ1 only has 76 ft lbs.

What's the weight of the new Bandit?
    I wish to have no connection with any bike that does not ride fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.
    -John Solo Jones-

Default Bandit 1250

I just ordered a Bandit 1250 for my daily commuter. I still have the GSXR for the weekends but highway miles suck on it. I wanted the black so I have to wait a couple more weeks for it to come in. I will give a write up on the bike when I get it. Hope the wether is getting warmer in Japan. Hawaii is cold as hell.. 80 degrees today. 8) I am trying to catch a flight out to Japan in May to visit the in laws. So I may see you over there.

Wally
    A man shares his days with hunger, thirst, and cold, with the good times and the bad, and the first part of being a man is to understand that

You'll love this new Bandit 1250S as a commuter, it has an 18-tooth front sprocket! (the old Bandit had a 15-tooth).

The highway RPMs are very low, and it has a balancer shaft too so the engine vibes are virtually non-existent while cruising along at 70 mph.

Do you own one? If so, I may pick your brain for more details while wait for delivery.
    A man shares his days with hunger, thirst, and cold, with the good times and the bad, and the first part of being a man is to understand that

No I don't own one, but here is what Dale Walker at Holeshot Performance had to say after he got his '07 Bandit 1250S last week:
    --------------------
    Comfort:

Is as good or better than than Gen 1 and 2. The seat is a bit flat and hard and i wish it was shaped to the back side a bit better like the DL for expample, but no biggie still not bad and I'm sure a Corbin or Sargent will take care of that. Suzuki may even come out with a gel type ?

Wind screen offers good protection with little turbulence and foot pegs are in a perfect position for all around use. I did touch my toes a few times and i was not riding that hard ........YET !

This means for track use now and then rear sets will be a good thing.

Bars are the same to me as the 2nd gen. They are fine but i like my super bike bars a lot better myself. It also looks like my bar risers and handle bar clamp may fit as well.

Brakes:

Best so far to date, Suzuki finally used pads that stop it like it should and not made of wood. It will still benefit from a braided brake lines and a nice set of Ferodos, but in stock form it is also very good guys. I plan to make a nice Galfer super light brake line set for this one with aluminum Banjos and bolts in the future.

See my DL-650/1000 set on my site for example

Style , feel and suspension:

Well if feels like a sleek Bandit when riding along, the tank is slimmer like a SV-1000 and the fairing is stretched out a but more and not as fat. Forks are by far better than ever and the rear shock feels about the same as the Gen 2 to me. Not great but not to bad either. I have yet to touch mine as far as adjustment and I'm sure there is a little room to play. You can make this much better on both ends of course, but at $8200 you cant complain. Its nearly $1000 less than the two in the class, FZ1 and Z1000 cartoon bike !

Handling :

Its still a Bandit what can i say, its not as light and nimble as my 2006 FZ1, but is very predictable and stable, not one bit of head shake so a damper should not be needed. Well until i make 165- 170 hp that is........Ha !
    Falls into a corner well and holds its line well also, does take some effort but no more than other B-12s. The 218 Dunlops feel real good as far as traction.

Motor and fueling, save the best for last ! :

Ok i can tell the motor is really choked up with the cat after the header collector and that giant muffler. Its so quite you can hardly hear the thing.I can also tell in stock form it signs off Early and does not have a lot of top end HP, id estimate 102 to 110 Max. We will see in a few days..he he.

But this is the best motor and EFI i have ever sampled in a performance standard yet for street use. It is super smooth and has close to zero buzz in the mirrors up to 90 mph, no kidding. Very little tingle at the bars and pegs also. The fuel injection at least on my bike is flawless and you can ride a good clip on a twisting rode and never twist the thing over 4500 rpm. Its super smooth will gobs of torque from 2500 to 4000 rpm.No need to down shift, just twist the throttle and the power is on tap that seems electric.The motor is 1255 cc @ 10:5.1 they say.This means it is under very little stress so it should last and last a very long time.

Really fun to ride and good traction because of the mid range smooth power delivery

The 6 speed gear box shifts well with very positive shifts and talk about gearing, i serviced my own bike so i removed the sprocket cover to take a peak.

Gearing:

Get this ......18 front X 43 rear , thats a 2.38 ratio

In 6th gear aprox rpm

70 mph 3600

80 mph 4200

90 mph 4800

Talk about cruise out on the open road

We all know our current B-12s need a 6th and they have a 15 X 45 stock....3.00 ratio

Fuel Mileage : Though i did not rev it much yet i was riding it hard after 50 miles on the clock on tight mountain twisties.This is how i break my motors in. On / off throttle in and out of the corner. Some freeway also but not much.

I road about 180 miles and filled it up....38 mpg , so not bad for brand new under these riding conditions. This means it will most likely get mid 40s at least out on the road or better if you can keep your hand out of it.

Wow, after installing a slipon, tweaking the FI with a Techlusion box, removing snorkel, and K&N filter, the new Bandit 1250 is up over 92 ft-lbs of torque!

Dude, you've already got the DRZ for offroad excursions, trade in that Wee for a Bandit! :razz:

I've seen new motorcycle cops with the 1250 Bandits. I didn't get a photo but I know what I saw.
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dino
    No I don't own one, but here is what Dale Walker at Holeshot Performance had to say after he got his '07 Bandit 1250S last week:
    --------------------
    Just wondering, Dale mentions that the new FZ1 is a $1,000 more, but not much about how it compares to the new Bandit in performance, handling, etc.
    Has anyone seen any direct comparos b/w these two bikes?
    After seeing CMAC's FZ1 I'm really impressed with this bike.
    I've seen the UK/Euro models come with ABS, but can't seem to find any reference to the ABS option on Yama US site????
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

That's because Yamaha isn't offering the ABS model to the US. Part of their squid-be-gone campaign :badgrin:

Here's a bike that gives you ABS, the top end of the FZ1 and the torque of the Bandit

Another bike for your shortlist. Guys on advrider are raving about the new Tiger 1050 ABS. Can be had for just $1100.00 OTD

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider
    Another bike for your shortlist. Guys on advrider are raving about the new Tiger 1050 ABS. Can be had for just $1100.00 OTD
    Jim, let us know where we can get this deal. Ill order 10 of these at that price.... :roll:

Shady..
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../

where can i get that BMW, i really want one of those clunky, pieces of crap

Quote Originally Posted by theblob
    where can i get that BMW, i really want one of those clunky, pieces of crap
    Rent a K7 in Germany and beat Marcus Barth's Nurburgring record, then your hollow words will become filled with meaning :badgrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-_SAtmtiQM

yeah because his was right off the factory floor, with no mods at all, and he has never ridden that road before....

last time i looked i didnt see any BMW s in any race events. besides the ones they sponser that are only for BMWS.

lets look in superstock AMA shall we....

2007 AMA Superstock Championship
    California Speedway
    Fontana, California
    April 29, 2007
    Provisional Race Results:

1. Ben Spies (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 17 laps
    2. Jake Holden (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -1.924 seconds
    3. Aaron Yates (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -9.352 seconds
    4. Ben Bostrom (Yam YZF-R1), Dunlop, -11.247 seconds
    5. Geoff May (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -21.551 seconds
    6. Danny Eslick (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -28.986 seconds
    7. Martin Cardenas (Kaw ZX-10R), Pirelli, -32.019 seconds
    8. Scott Jensen (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -32.155 seconds
    9. Blake Young (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -32.184 seconds
    10. Robertino Pietri (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -43.166 seconds
    11. Jason Curtis (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -46.787 seconds
    12. Chris Ulrich (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -53.803 seconds, ride-through penalty
    13. David Weber (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -65.488 seconds
    14. Corey Sarros (Suz GSX-R1000), -1 lap
    15. Chad Rolland (Suz GSX-R1000), -1 lap, 1.283 seconds
    16. Ivan Garza (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -1 lap, 21.988 seconds
    17. Johnny Rock Page (Yam YZF-R1), Dunlop, -1 lap, 25.024 seconds
    18. Terry Heard (Kaw ZX-10R), -1 lap, 30.052 seconds
    19. Mark Simon (Suz GSX-R1000), -1 lap, 37.093 seconds
    20. Brad Puetz (Suz GSX-R1000), -1 lap, 64.408 seconds
    21. Jay Tanner (Yam YZF-R1), -7 laps, DNF, crash
    22. Tom Savoca (Suz GSX-R1000), -10 laps, DNF
    23. Santiago Villa (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, DNS

i checked in BSB, not a mention of BMW in any class at all....

ok so they have got to be winning something in germany right, i mean such a great competative motorcycle as you pointed out.... cant seem to find any BMWs on the result sheets for the europen championship either...

your boyfriend workin in BMW is he?? there has to be some reason why you drool over them all the time?? i mean you dont even own one....

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

2007 AMA Superstock Championship

1. Ben Spies (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 17 laps
    2. Jake Holden (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -1.924 seconds
    3. Aaron Yates (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -9.352 seconds
    4. Ben Bostrom (Yam YZF-R1), Dunlop, -11.247 seconds
    5. Geoff May (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -21.551 seconds
    6. Danny Eslick (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -28.986 seconds
    7. Martin Cardenas (Kaw ZX-10R), Pirelli, -32.019 seconds
    8. Scott Jensen (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -32.155 seconds
    9. Blake Young (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -32.184 seconds
    10. Robertino Pietri (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -43.166 seconds
    11. Jason Curtis (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -46.787 seconds
    12. Chris Ulrich (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, -53.803 seconds, ride-through penalty
    13. David Weber (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, -65.488 seconds
    14. Corey Sarros (Suz GSX-R1000), -1 lap
    Hey I have diced with 14th-place Sarros in practice a couple years ago at Infineon Raceway. By "diced" I mean he passed me then proceeded to pull away from me corner by corner.

Shoot, he almost made the top 10 at an AMA event, that's mighty impressive! I didn't even pay attention to that race, I missed it on Speed TV last week.

James, I have talked to Dale before about his FZ1, he likes that like a lot as a balls-out trackbike, but he much prefers the Bandit 1250 for road riding. The herky-jerky fuel-injection on the FZ really drove him crazy for a long time, I think he tuned most of that out. The FZ is obviously faster than the 1250 though, it's just that Yamaha continues their tradition of building literbikes with a 400cc midrange. :badgrin:

ok so they have got to be winning something in germany right, i mean such a great competative motorcycle as you pointed out.... cant seem to find any BMWs on the result sheets for the europen championship either...

your boyfriend workin in BMW is he?? there has to be some reason why you drool over them all the time?? i mean you dont even own one....
    Hmmm, I'm married... but you're not. Guess that's because Japan hasn't approved same sex marriages yet, geh? :badgrin:

The K1200S also kicked the ZX12 and Hayabusa's butts at the Isle of Man, and no, I don't see them in any races either. Face it, the K7 can only be fast on a circuit, no one wants to ride them anywhere else :roll: :badgrin:

battle of the straight line power machines, wow!! what competition....

just like you Jim, Rock Hudson was married too :badgrin: