Thread: Tsukuba 29th practice report

Default Tsukuba 29th practice report

i got to tsukuba pitted with another GSX-R1000 K7 IN FACT THERE WERE 5 OF US IN A ROW. THE (aaaargh!! godamn caps, im not retyping it!!) K7 has been a big seller this year!! great to be able to chat set up with different people, and see the totally different maps and settings people are running, i seem to have sprung up a reputation as a fast guy. pity the fool that heeds my illformed advice....

anyway i havent been on the track for a about a month, and my last time there i crashed. so my first session was slow and painful!!! after about 11 laps i made up some excuse to come in, and fiddled around with something or another.... best time 1.03.2.

next session i ran 5 laps and then it started to rain.. thank god!! best time 1.03.5

so that was going to be it i thought, but the weather cleared, and i bought a ticket for the last B session. and decided to have a crack for just a few more laps.. i ran 12 laps and hit a 1.02.6.then the rain started again. (excellent!) i was happy!! my tyres are about 1.2 hours old and i havent run dots for a while.

my biggest shock was my fitness, i have really done nothing in the last month, and now it is HOT, and HUMID. i drank about 3 litres of water. but my stamina, and race fitness just wasnt there...

so ive got qualifying and then a 12 lap race on sunday to try and survive.

the bikes set up feels good. funny!! because it was so horrendously shit last time with the slick tyres on. and im ready to make a move into the 1.01s in qualifying (fingers crossed). after that anything would be a bonus!! ie making it accross the finnish line without passing out or falling off because my flimsy arms cant hold me up anymore....

we will see!!

anybody interested in a trip out. around 2.00 on sunday i think. or maybe a little earlier. im in the top class, TAKUMI.

Best of luck, tB. Looking forward to the race report.

Fitness problems? No excuses, I warned you here:

http://www.gaijinriders.com/phpBB/viewt ... 42&start=0

Good luck! If I can get free Sunday, I'll be there to help 8)
    I wish to have no connection with any bike that does not ride fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.
    -John Solo Jones-

Default Re: Tsukuba 29th practice report

Quote Originally Posted by theblob
    ie making it accross the finnish line without passing out or falling off because my flimsy arms cant hold me up anymore....
    SOrry, I couldn't resist:

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Default Re: Tsukuba 29th practice report

ie making it accross the finnish line without passing out or falling off because my flimsy arms cant hold me up anymore....
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    SOrry, I couldn't resist:

Still, it was swede of you to take the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    Norway I'm going to be able to keep this going much longer!

you wont get a race report for a while i dont think, because im moving house on monday and the new house wont have internet intil the 16th...

no internet :shockingzap: how to feed the addiction.......

I'm sure an Internet cafe would be more convenient, but any time you want to stop by Soka for some beer and Internet, let me know.
    Don't Panic

Where you moving to?

I'm in Tsurumi from teh 15-20th (ish) was hoping to meet up for a beer!

Fond memories of that Fujisaki house.
    So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
    -- Bertrand Russell

that has got to be one of the most painful smilies i've seen.....ouch blob.

im moving to funabashi in chiba.

thanks for the offer Scott. actually when i do get the internet back, it will come with cable TV, and ive ordered all the channels to get me WSB, MOTOGP, and JSB. so im figuring anyone who wants to watch any ofthose races, my house will be available. of coures you'll have to put up with me blabbing away in the background

im moving to funabashi in chiba....

of coures you'll have to put up with me blabbing away in the background
    A fate almost as bad as death... :razz:

blobster, I am pretty close to Funabashi as well,so if you need internet anytime, let me know...

Shady..
    .............//'...'/`
    ........../'/.../..../......./\
    ........('(.......... ~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../