Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SoftONBank

Default SoftONBank

Anyone using Softbank for their mobile provider? I am thinking to move my company
    mobiles over to Softbank as Au have boring phones and I want something more spicy.

By the way was out in the park at the back of my office today. A young lady rode by on
    a small scooter ( through the park, slowly ). She had on a summer black top which was nice and loose.
    As she passed the wind caught it and I was enlightened with the view of a peachy breast with
    a small tattoo on it. Made my day it did.................... 8)

Jav
    Evolution is the religion of the 21 century. Proving people do not change............................ Jav

Default Re: SoftONBank

I saw a Japanese tourist using one in Guam so it seems they have some that also work overseas.

I have vodafone, err, softbank.

They are all right. I can't speak for 'signal', i hear that others are better. Some of that lies with the fone as well. Anyway, yeah, they have several 3G phones, which will work overseas, etc. I've had no trouble using it in a few countries around asia and in the states.

The billing is a bit odd for new phones tho. They've got some way to do it that basically you have to pay for the phone over 2 years. You get a monthly charge for it, BUT, as long as you are using that phone, they give you a large credit toward that cost. If you change phones < 2 years, you have to then pay the outstanding balance.

So that's a bit odd, but not the end of the world. I'm trying it out now.....

What else do you consider with your choice of fone?

Softbank's our corporate provider.

They've been good to us, prices are reasonable provided you keep the phones for two years, and the free calls between Softbank sets is a nice bonus.

The 3G phones are the way to go - not only do you get the overseas roaming, but they also switch between 3G and CDMA networks, so you get increased roaming options.

The only downside I've found so far is that mail functions cease when you stray into a CDMA only area, but those are becoming few and far between in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by theDude

TV. Web browsing. Add on Memory. 3G. Overseas use. Camera. Video calls.
    Nice sized screen with good resolution ( now approx 740 * 400 ). GPS & routes if possible.
    English language support. Music player. FM radio. Scheduler.

Jav
    Evolution is the religion of the 21 century. Proving people do not change............................ Jav

Quote Originally Posted by Jav

Nice sized screen with good resolution ( now approx 740 * 400 ). GPS & routes if possible.

Jav
    well, good luck.

TV doesn't seem to go with 3G. There is one softobanko fone that does it, but the 3G is NOT international 3G. not sure what the deal is there. Most phones do video and have add on memory, except for some of the tiniest.

Most all 3G have english. But only a couple (toshiba ones and nokia) have english predictive txt. i have learned to live without that.

By the way was out in the park at the back of my office today. A young lady rode by on
    a small scooter ( through the park, slowly ). She had on a summer black top which was nice and loose.
    As she passed the wind caught it and I was enlightened with the view of a peachy breast with
    a small tattoo on it. Made my day it did.................... 8)

Jav
    Yes, summer is here and time for even more flesh to be revealed! :crazyeyes: Might have to take a run over to the beach and see what's laying around.....

I have a Softbank/Vodafone 3g and it works fine, especially in America and in the UK....however, I often find myself without a signal here because of their poor coverage in Japan. This can be very troublesome especially when your Docomo-using friend has no trouble at all.... :bad-words:
    Trendsetter. Luddite.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantofmenace

Yes, summer is here and time for even more flesh to be revealed! :crazyeyes: Might have to take a run over to the beach and see what's laying around.....
    Ride to Nishi Izu Saturday?

Gotta work....Sunday too! :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
    Trendsetter. Luddite.

Time to apply for some plush uni jobs!

Jav
    well, good luck.

TV doesn't seem to go with 3G.
    Many of the new 3G phones have TV as well. I have the new phone catelogue.

Jav

Softbank's reception has always been lagginig behind. That's why they decided to double the number of antennas which they did. Just too bad that their subscriber base increased so quickly after the introduction of number portability that the reception is now much worse than before. In other words they cannot keep up. I started with J-Phone which became Vodafone and is now Softbank Mobile - and I am now thinking of changing to KDDI (AU)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo
    Softbank's reception has always been lagginig behind. That's why they decided to double the number of antennas which they did. Just too bad that their subscriber base increased so quickly after the introduction of number portability that the reception is now much worse than before. In other words they cannot keep up. I started with J-Phone which became Vodafone and is now Softbank Mobile - and I am now thinking of changing to KDDI (AU)...
    I have not yet had a problem in Tokyo with reception and last weekend I traveled out to Nikko to do some family camping.
    Neither on the highway or mountains around Nikko did I have a problem with reception. But I have no doubts that you are
    correct about the reception area compared to AU. As a business phone, the free calls between our other company phones
    is a big saving. Also the bluetooth, 3G and TV are cool.

Jav

Do you think the bluetooth phone would work with my bluetooth equipped Zumo?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider

should do.... there is a v1.2 and a new v2.0. dunno about compatibility between the two. doubt there is an issue.

so what would your phone and zumo do talking to each other? does that then feed into some earpiece or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider

should do.... there is a v1.2 and a new v2.0. dunno about compatibility between the two. doubt there is an issue.

so what would your phone and zumo do talking to each other? does that then feed into some earpiece or something?
    Not sure what bluetooth version it is but the manual says that when you get a call, you just have to touch the zumo screen to answer it if you have the ear speaker hooked up.

http://www8.garmin.com/specs/zumo500_550_spec.pdf

that's cool. should be fine. zumo is being a nice middleman for you to hear the phone.

wonder if my mac can do that. or else i have to switch my headset between the phone and the mac.

anyway, should probably start a bluetooth thread there....

Jav, you buy a phone yet?

TV doesn't seem to go with 3G. There is one softobanko fone that does it, but the 3G is NOT international 3G. not sure what the deal is there
    Think is more to do with their Global Roaming Service. Not all those phones are multi-band radio which will make the singleband 3G phones useless when roaming on GSM/GPRS networks of their roaming partners, as not all parthers have 3G deployments.

I want something more spicy.
    How does this Aussie Special Edition Multimedia Package grab ya? The Chopper.....Spicy enough?

No? Well, ok.

I have TV on my Softbank 3G phone. End of issue.

Chopper Read ( the criminals criminal ). I enjoy his books. Read any of them? Totally entertaining. Amazing how quick he
    got out of prison after he became a celebrity.

Jav

Chopper Read ( the criminals criminal ). I enjoy his books. Read any of them?
    Not yet. Someone just recently sent me a spoof vid of Chopper-AirportSecurity, never heard of him before that so looked him up on wikipedia.....now thats one very colourful character ;)