Thread: When did you come to Japan

Default When did you come to Japan

When did you come to Japan?
    I first came to Japan back in 74. Was stationed in Okinawa then got stationed in Tokyo.
    Returned to the States. Then in 1993 of March. I moved here with the family. Been in Yamaguchi-ken all this time.
    Kind of like it here, but it would have been nice to have lived in a farming area I think.

Default When did you come to Japan

When did you come? Why did you come?
    I’ve been here about 10 years this time 1st time I was solo and that was 99’. My wife is Japanese but we met in the states Rock climbing 👍.
    Daughter born here we built a house and life here no plans to go back. We’re in the “burbs” if you will so it’s family, work, ride, camp, travel and start again🏍👍🏍🏁
    Getting to the Summit is Optional, Returning home is mandatory
    Life begins at 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I’ve been here about 10 years this time 1st time I was solo and that was 99’. My wife is Japanese but we met in the states Rock climbing ��.
    Daughter born here we built a house and life here no plans to go back. We’re in the “burbs” if you will so it’s family, work, ride, camp, travel and start again��������
    The States I think is really going through a lot of changes. Was there a few years ago and I thought living here was "well" maybe a bit better. Debt free here. No loans. Income wise, poverty level, but we are getting by. Just got my year end Social Security statement today. I made less then the poverty level for a single person. But what the heck.

Fukaya-shi, 50 km north from Tokyo, on JR Takasaki line

Hi there,
    First, Happy new year !
    I came in Japan at the end of 2012, after I met the japanese lady who's now my wife. We're now living in Japan, in a house we bought near Fukaya. We've got a 5 years old boy, two cats, a midget car (kawaiii so) and just for me, a BMW C-Evo. My wife works, I take care of house and son :)

Darned, 29 years now in "the-land-of-the-not-always-rising-sun" *_*.
    Could have made a worse decision way back then.
    Re-married (happily and even more than this), presently "bike-less" (after riding for more than 20 years over here) and most definitely going to stay until the last day.
    Oh, and of course living "inaka" (Shikoku).
    Klaus D.
    A Kraut living in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    I’ve been here about 10 years this time 1st time I was solo and that was 99’. My wife is Japanese but we met in the states Rock climbing ��.
    Daughter born here we built a house and life here no plans to go back. We’re in the “burbs” if you will so it’s family, work, ride, camp, travel and start again��������
    Nice story there , racer.
    We to had a house built, raised our daughter here. Went camping a few times (wife too old now for that stuff), travel has been only to Fukuoka and once to Tokyo. But yes, work, and just keep working. Me, I'm an outdoor person, still enjoy camping which I went to Shimane Pref. last summer, fishing and really just walking around on the old country road nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
    Hi there,
    First, Happy new year !
    I came in Japan at the end of 2012, after I met the japanese lady who's now my wife. We're now living in Japan, in a house we bought near Fukaya. We've got a 5 years old boy, two cats, a midget car (kawaiii so) and just for me, a BMW C-Evo. My wife works, I take care of house and son :)

Take care of the house, hmm, sounds familiar with me. Been doing that for 19 years. Work, wife says I never had a real job.