Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

Default Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

Just got nailed again today. That's 2 speeding tickets this year, which brings me up to 6 points. :( Does this mean a 30 day suspension (or 1 day lecture) or is that only if you're over 6 points?
    Egon

Time flies like an arrow ... fruit flies like a banana.

Default Re: Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

Camera or copper?

How fast?

Shit! Too bad! I have seen a lot of the baby-blue turds out and about recently....

Give us the details so others may profit from your misfortune.... :|
    Trendsetter. Luddite.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSkippy
    Camera or copper?

How fast?
    Not another vehicle in sight, but this ninja shirobai appeared out of nowhere, in one of the tunnels in Odaiba. Nice guy, polite and respectful, but I couldn't sweet talk my way out of it. Probably because there were several of them at the end of the tunnel. Typical Sunday speed trap. And it's not like I don't know about this. Dumb! :(

Only a blue ticket (77 in a 50 zone) and 3 points, but this is the second one this year, so 6 points total. Not sure if this is enough to get me suspended, or if this only happens if I'm over 6 points.

BTW, had to get my license renewed this year, which happened after the 1st ticket and which caused me to have to endure a 2 hour lecture. But maybe that reset those 3 points, if I'm lucky.
    Egon

That sucks. I feel for you.
    I have a habit of driving over the limit, so it's not like I don't deserve the odd citation here and there, but I just HATE it when I get ticketed. :bad-words:
    Don't Panic

unlucky geezer..... dunno about the points tho.

Quote Originally Posted by throttle
    That sucks. I feel for you.
    I have a habit of driving over the limit from time to time, so it's not like I don't deserve the odd ticket here and there, but fuck, I just HATE it when I get ticketed. :bad-words:
    Exactly my thoughts! He had me dead to rights, so I deserved it. In fact I was going even faster than he wrote me up for (managed to slow down a bit as he came up on me). But it's a real piss off! Not pissed at the cop; pissed at myself for not having spotted the trap.
    Egon

As you guessed six points trigger the suspension, which will be shortened to one day if you go to traffic school. Then you get the license back and you have to mind your P's&Q's for one year because you'll only have 4 points max rather than six.

In addition I think they'll renew your license next time for only 3 years rather than five as well if you've had more than 2 points against your license since it was renewed last.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSkippy
    Camera or copper?

How fast?
    Not another vehicle in sight, but this ninja shirobai appeared out of nowhere, in one of the tunnels in Odaiba. Nice guy, polite and respectful, but I couldn't sweet talk my way out of it. Probably because there were several of them at the end of the tunnel. Typical Sunday speed trap. And it's not like I don't know about this. Dumb! :(

Only a blue ticket (77 in a 50 zone) and 3 points, but this is the second one this year, so 6 points total. Not sure if this is enough to get me suspended, or if this only happens if I'm over 6 points.

BTW, had to get my license renewed this year, which happened after the 1st ticket and which caused me to have to endure a 2 hour lecture. But maybe that reset those 3 points, if I'm lucky.
    Your points reset after one year without getting any points - not sure how many points you lose, but it seems that it's all of them....

If you already had 3 points on your license, you will be getting a suspension, and I believe a 3 month, not a one month.

Sigh! That's what I thought. Oh well, I've put on over 80,000 km in the last 5 years, so I suppose it was bound to happen. I'll just have to be more observant from now on.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Egon

Odaiba's a favorite spot for cops, but any major road in Tokyo is fair game on weekends for speed traps so I try to remember to take it easy and follow behind cars rather than lead. That said, I narrowly escaped a ticket last year on a Saturday when I was late for work. Forgetting my follow the leader rule I shot out from a light on kannana and by the time I saw the radar gun I was past the 40kph limit and I could see a cop up ahead with the red light baton looking like he was getting ready to step out and flag me down. Luckily I noticed a side road between him and me and hightailed down it

If this is your first time to be suspended it will be for 1 month. If not i think it is 2 or 3 months. Check with Tony :razz:
    I think those pigs are out on the prowl to get some bonus money for the end of the year. gawd dang blood suckers! :bad-words:
    If i ever came across a cop half dead.... :badgrin: :badgrin:
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider
    Odaiba's a favorite spot for cops, but any major road in Tokyo is fair game on weekends for speed traps so I try to remember to take it easy and follow behind cars rather than lead. That said, I narrowly escaped a ticket last year on a Saturday when I was late for work. Forgetting my follow the leader rule I shot out from a light on kannana and by the time I saw the radar gun I was past the 40kph limit and I could see a cop up ahead with the red light baton looking like he was getting ready to step out and flag me down. Luckily I noticed a side road between him and me and hightailed down it
    Sure enough, I filtered through the cages at the traffic light before the tunnel, so I was in the lead. Beautiful long tunnel, no traffic in the way, the speed just crept up unnoticed. Still don't know where the hell this ninja shirobai was hiding. :robot: I think he jumped out of my Givi box. :razz:

The lesson here, which I know already, but seem to have forgotten, is that speed traps are usually in tempting tunnels and overpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by rivx
    If this is your first time to be suspended it will be for 1 month. If not i think it is 2 or 3 months. Check with Tony
    I think those pigs are out on the prowl to get some bonus money for the end of the year. gawd dang blood suckers!
    If i ever came across a cop half dead....
    Oh well, the one day lecture should be restful .... :roll:

But I don't blame the cops. My fault entirely.
    Egon

Odaiba's a favorite spot for cops,
    Aint that the truth. Many many years ago Carsten and I headed up the circular on ramp to Rainbow Bridge.
    I though I saw a cop as we entered but we took off anyway. What is it, I think about a 270degree loop?
    Anyway we hightailed it around the loop, and hit the brakes as soon as the road straightened out. About
    five seconds later we see this white bike approaching at speed. He pulls up beside us and makes sure we
    know that he know that we were speeding. But at the time he caught us we were on the speed limit.
    No tickets.

Jav
    Evolution is the religion of the 21 century. Proving people do not change............................ Jav

Quote Originally Posted by Jav
    Odaiba's a favorite spot for cops,
    Aint that the truth. Many many years ago Carsten and I headed up the circular on ramp to Rainbow Bridge.
    I though I saw a cop as we entered but we took off anyway. What is it, I think about a 270degree loop?
    Anyway we hightailed it around the loop, and hit the brakes as soon as the road straightened out. About
    five seconds later we see this white bike approaching at speed. He pulls up beside us and makes sure we
    know that he know that we were speeding. But at the time he caught us we were on the speed limit.
    No tickets.

Jav
    So the trick is to go up the loop as fast as you can....and hit the brakes up the top :mrgreen:
    So the shirobais hide down at the bottom and chase their victims round the loop? I bet they do a janken each day to see who covers the rainbow bridge :badgrin:
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

Found my translation of the list...

So if I get points off my accident with the truck, I'll get nothing for 1, 60 days for 2, or 90 days for 3.

If you had 3 points before and just got 3, it's a 120 day suspension - but it's all reducable to 1 day in traffic lecture - just don't get 5 point tickets, they're the ones that get you license revocations.

Here's the translations again - note that the new drunk driving laws are not reflected.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin
    Found my translation of the list...

So if I get points off my accident with the truck, I'll get nothing for 1, 60 days for 2, or 90 days for 3.

If you had 3 points before and just got 3, it's a 120 day suspension - but it's all reducable to 1 day in traffic lecture - just don't get 5 point tickets, they're the ones that get you license revocations.

Here's the translations again - note that the new drunk driving laws are not reflected.
    Thanks ET. That's very useful info!

But if I read it correcty, then "Prev: 3" means 3 previous suspensions, not 3 previous points. So with my 3 previous points plus the new 3, I get a 30 day suspension (or take the rehab lecture).

Then, if I get 4 points next year, after having 1 suspension, I'd get a 60 day suspension.

If I get 2 points after that, after 2 suspensions, I'd get another 60 day suspension. 90 days with 3 points.

And so on ...

License suspensions stay on record for 3 years, but the good news is that it's all reset if we can manage no violations at all for one year. Fair enough, I guess.

I also hear from Tony (he's an expert :razz: ) that if this is my first time, and if I take the rehab course, then this will not count as a suspension. If I take the suspension, then it's on record, but if I take the course, the slate is cleaned.

Interesting to note that "failure to stop for a police officer" is only 1 point, and so is "dangerous driving," while speeding costs far more. Hmm ... :badgrin:
    Egon

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    But if I read it correcty, then "Prev: 3" means 3 previous suspensions, not 3 previous points.

Looking this one over, you're right. Can't find the one I translated from before... weird, I can't think how I would have read this incorrectly!

I love the shirobai.

Those buggers have to get behind ya to tag ya. In the areas I know the shirobai to be, or suspect, I'll typically sprint and enjoy myself for 30 seconds then cut the throttle and take a long look to the rear... relax a bit, long look to the rear, then take off for that 30 second or so bit.

Using this method, I've managed to catch 4 shirobai sneaking up behind me in the last 4 months. Pretty fun way to avoid being bored on your commute. :mrgreen:
    I wish to have no connection with any bike that does not ride fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.
    -John Solo Jones-

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin
    Looking this one over, you're right. Can't find the one I translated from before... weird, I can't think how I would have read this incorrectly!
    :drinking: ???
    Egon