Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

I just recently found out about the foot down thing, I got lucky for years now as I try to stop and balance without dabbing a foot, seems that is a bad tactic here.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

I lost 2 points + 7000 yen for no touching the ground with my feets ( both ) although i could manage the bike in balance..
    They were hiding behind a huge tree, couldn't avoid them!

Quote Originally Posted by daichri View Post
    I lost 2 points + 7000 yen for no touching the ground with my feets ( both ) although i could manage the bike in balance..
    Are they kidding ?
    Never put my left leg on the ground, even at traffic light.
    Should give them a mathematical and physical lecture where a 2D plane is defined by 3 points in an Euclidean space .

Seriously, there is a rule about the two legs??? Would be surprised. If any, also applies to side cars ?

Edit: Apparently misread, you haven't put a foot to the ground. Sad and happened to several of us :( You still might be able to fight.
    Last edited by alban; 07-07-15 at 02:52 AM.

They teach you to stop with your left foot down during the motorcycle test. In fact, if you touch the ground with your right foot at any time (with the exception of shifting from N to 1st) during the test, you fail. Watch any shirobai and none of them ever touch with their right foot at a stop. It's considered bad form here, and I don't know how they could justify that you must use both feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    They teach you to stop with your left foot down during the motorcycle test. In fact, if you touch the ground with your right foot at any time (with the exception of shifting from N to 1st) during the test, you fail. Watch any shirobai and none of them ever touch with their right foot at a stop. It's considered bad form here, and I don't know how they could justify that you must use both feet.
    I would seriously have contested the ticket.

I haven't checked thoroughly, but I'd be very surprised if the traffic law actually specifies which foot or the number of feet that a motorcyclist must put on the ground at a stop, regardless of what they teach at riding school.

I have seen shirobi at traffic lights with their left foot on the peg and their right foot on the ground. The brake light wasn't even lit, indicating the shirobi officer wasn't even grabbing his front brake.

Police officers are not angels. They do sin too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14355449550001.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	11547 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1435125241755_20150624153526872.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	11548 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	11549
    ----------------
    2008 R1200GS | 2009 NSF100 | 2009 CRF250X | 2011 Address V125S

I always tap a toe on the ground, but sometimes I am still moving. I should check my riding if I want that gold license next year...

All the laws are less about safety and more about slowing everything down to a point so the trains are the best option... I think JR is "entertaining" some high up road safety law makers.

Default Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

Both feet can't be required by law. Are you tell me, every vertically challenged rider is going to get both feet down on a bmw gs/a? Or a yamaha WR250 for that matter.

Added to that is not like we are living in Holland were everybody is 6' plus.

Quote Originally Posted by rider2371 View Post

I have seen shirobi at traffic lights with their left foot on the peg and their right foot on the ground. The brake light wasn't even lit, indicating the shirobi officer wasn't even grabbing his front brake.

Police officers are not angels. They do sin too.

Yep, I saw one doing that today. Had to resist the urge not to chastise him.

I got done about ten years ago for stationary balancing at a tomaresen and the smurf pulled me over, and explained the sign and the problem. He specifically said that I had to put at least one foot down. I remember because when I recounted it to a friend in the UK who was a traffic cop and biker at the time, he said it was the same in the UK. Maybe the rule has changed? (Also agree with the left foot preference - same when I learned).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    2016 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2016 - // 2006 Honda CB400 Super Four 2006-2016
    www.nanikore.net