Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

Default Re: Another Bloody Speeding Ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Solo
    Using this method, I've managed to catch 4 shirobai sneaking up behind me in the last 4 months. Pretty fun way to avoid being bored on your commute. :mrgreen:
    I like it! :thumbright:
    Egon

Time flies like an arrow ... fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    :drinking: ???
    Magic 8 Ball says:

I like it!
    Thanks. The best moment was when I was going for it around a corner and into a tunnel. Once in the tunnel (no cars ahead of me) I chopped the throttle, removed my left hand and rotated 180 deg to look behind me. What I saw was a shirobai coming flying into the tunnel (nice lean angle btw 8) ) and us making direct eye contact. :mrgreen:

I braked hard to get under 40K and all the guy could do was pull up slightly ahead of me... idle a bit... then speed off.

He was so lost as to what to do. I think he could hear me laughing in my helmet
    I wish to have no connection with any bike that does not ride fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.
    -John Solo Jones-

On the way home after a great ride in Izu I decided to take the Yoko/Yoko home instead of going down 16. I only had to travel two exists. I got on the highway and of course got up to speed very quickly. I rounded a curve and noticed a large group of cars all going very slow (the speed limit). Then I noticed two Shirobai leading the pack so I had to slow down. I saw them looking in their mirrors at me. Before the exit I was going to take there is a rest/parking area. The two Shirobai pulled into the exit and I had a feeling they were playing with me because this particular exit also has a very quick highway re-entry. So I continued going the speed limit and as I passed the rest area I looked in my mirrors and sure enough they were in hot pursuit. I wasn’t worried because I was going the speed limit. They pulled me over anyway! The cop said I was speeding. I said, No way dude, I saw you going into the rest area and I knew you would come right out after me if I was speeding so I maintained the posted speed limit. He continued to say I was speeding. I said, Ok let’s see my speed on your bikes speedometer. Of course it was at zero. I told him that I believe he was just harassing me at which point he asked me to promise to slow-down over and over again. I kept saying I was not speeding. I finally said OK, OK I promise to slow down. They both left in a big hurry after that. That was the strangest stop I’ve had here so far. :?
    2008 KTM Super Duke R, Akrapovic Ti Full system, TuneECU mapping, and other stuff…

a waste of tax payers money..... :badgrin:
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

It might be interesting for the rest of us if someone with knowledge of the subject could explain all the different techniques the shirobai use to clock your speed. Is it through the use of radar or just sneaking up behind you and clocking you? Might be useful to know especially when trying to get out of a ticketing situation.... :fist:
    Trendsetter. Luddite.

I can't believe this! Just got nailed yet again! Bloody hell!! :(

Kannana Dori, 64 in a 40 zone. 64km/h hooligan!? I was just cruising, for heaven's sake. That's really petty. There must be something going on.

This makes it two tickets in 4 days, three this year. 2 more points, so now at 8. Only saving grace is that it still leaves me within the limit for the one day rehab lecture, I think. One more km/h and it would have been a 60 day suspension.

Nevertheless, AAAARRRRRGGHHH !! :fist:
    Egon

Kannana Dori, 64 in a 40 zone. 64km/h hooligan!? I was just cruising, for heaven's sake. That's really petty. There must be something going on.

This makes it two tickets in 4 days, three this year. 2 more points, so now at 8. Only saving grace is that it still leaves me within the limit for the one day rehab lecture, I think. One more km/h and it would have been a 60 day suspension.

Thats the price you pay for living in Tokyo....
    i always try to avoid Tokyo on the Bike.. would rather pay for the shuto that ride in Tokyo...

Wow, that sucks. I use Kannana daily and it's hard to keep it under 70 at night. Will take it easy and follow the cars for a while.

They must have heard you were planning on leaving with all that booty, and decided to tax some of it................. ;)

This year I've seen cops much more often on Route 20 to Shinjuku. Mostly on the overpasses looking down on scooter
    riders and bike riders. Don't seem to bother cars much, though what could they get you with going so slow in the
    ever meandering traffic................. :|

Jav
    Evolution is the religion of the 21 century. Proving people do not change............................ Jav

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbike
    Thats the price you pay for living in Tokyo....
    i always try to avoid Tokyo on the Bike.. would rather pay for the shuto that ride in Tokyo...
    I don't know. I've been driving in Tokyo for 5 years and never been stopped. Well, except a couple of times for crossing yellow lines, but I got away with just a warning for those.

I wonder if there is some kind of campaign going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider
    Wow, that sucks. I use Kannana daily and it's hard to keep it under 70 at night. Will take it easy and follow the cars for a while.
    The cop pointed out to me that the entire Kannana Dori has a 40 limit!! Frankly, I'd never noticed that. I saw the shirobai behind me, but thought I was fine at less than 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav
    They must have heard you were planning on leaving with all that booty, and decided to tax some of it................. ;)
    Hey! That could be it!

True, the fine doesn't hurt me all that much. But the prospect of a long suspension is terrifying. I really have no life here, except for my bike addiction. :|
    Egon

The cop pointed out to me that the entire Kannana Dori has a 40 limit!! Frankly, I'd never noticed that. I saw the shirobai behind me, but thought I was fine at less than 70.
    Yeah, I don't know why it's marked 40 but I've heard you can pretty much do up to 60 without fear of being pulled. I followed a cop car today that was doing about 55 on Kannana :roll: Soon after I saw a bike pulled over by a shirobai.

What are you on this time Geez? :crazyeyes: Better go cold turkey before you lose your license and end up on the bus.

The one time I got a ticket from a shirobai he showed me a little print off the roll ticket from his clocking me for a number of seconds. Anyone know exactly how long they need? Must it show a consistent speed or is an average enough?
    IBA33490

Touge Express

As I understand their clock reads off the speedo except the speed can be saved with the push of a button.

Ony takes a second to match speed and press the button. Points is, you can't let them get behind you.
    I wish to have no connection with any bike that does not ride fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.
    -John Solo Jones-

Quote Originally Posted by cmac
    What are you on this time Geez? :crazyeyes: Better go cold turkey before you lose your license and end up on the bus.
    Yeah, I guess I better stop riding with hooligans like you. Come to think of it, my first ticket was when I was trying to catch up with you, JamesK and a couple of other yahoos in Chiba. If I end up on the bus, I'm coming for you ... :whoop
    Egon

Holy Shit! You had better lay low for a while....without a bike there aint much reason to stay in this place! :(
    Trendsetter. Luddite.

Yeah, I guess I better stop riding with hooligans like you. Come to think of it, my first ticket was when I was trying to catch up with you, JamesK and a couple of other yahoos in Chiba. If I end up on the bus, I'm coming for you ... :whoop
    Well you kept us waiting at that combini long enough. We procrastinated over whether you'd been shnaffled by a local yamamba or finally carked it. :razz: Never thought you'd been done for speeding, or had a crash for that matter ::?
    I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for buses now too! Does this mean you're gonna be even slower?
    IBA33490

Touge Express

Quote Originally Posted by merchantofmenace
    Holy Shit! You had better lay low for a while....without a bike there aint much reason to stay in this place! :(
    Well, the money helps. 8) But yes, I'll have to be a good boy for a while. :angel1:

Does this mean you're gonna be even slower?
    That's actually the frustrating bit. I'm not a particularly fast rider! I deserved the 1st ticket, since I was being a yahoo that day, but these last two were petty. Just cruising along, no traffic, nothing dangerous ... just crept over the limit without noticing. Yeah, yeah, my fault, but still petty tickets. A decent cop would have given me just a dressing down and a warning. In fact, that's what they used to do here. That's why I wonder if there's some kind of campaign going on right now. I hear they're all over the Hakone Turnpike too.
    Egon

you will never have to lose your liscence if you dont want to. you have to play the game, but the game can stretch on forever.

PM me and ill tell you a story.

hey why was this stickied???

is this JAVs version of traffic safety week, like the cops who pull you over and direct you to a little old lady who tells you to drive safely and gives you a pack of tissues. :bday: