Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping sites

Finally found it! The best planned, kept and equipped campsite I have ever seen. Sure there are more out there but this one was amazing. Just forget the name Weランド
    Oh yeah it is on Notojima
    IBA33490

Touge Express

NOTOHanto

campsite info

(in Japanese but it has a cool map and buttons and stuff)
    IBA33490

Touge Express

Glad to see you're on the road, grasshopper!
    Egon

Time flies like an arrow ... fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    Finally found it! The best planned, kept and equipped campsite I have ever seen. Sure there are more out there but this one was amazing. Just forget the name Weランド
    Oh yeah it is on Notojima
    Sounds like a great site!

Quote Originally Posted by theDude View Post
    That's nice.... will get printed out and put under the seat....
    That is a pretty good list simply because it's in English. But it barely scratches the surface for Camping locations. There are more camp sites along route 413 between Sagamihara City and Lake Yamanaka than are listed for the entire Kanto Region.

My wife uses a Japanese website that lists camping areas and even though it's in Japanese many of the site camping areas have their own web sites and you can pretty much figure out the information on the sites. I'll post a link to that website after I get it from my wife.

Hi,

I live on the west side of Tokyo. Anyone know of a good place to get camping gear suitable for motorcycle touring?

Thanks

maybe you should start a new thread in say, the general forum as we arent seeing any replies here. i dont live in tokyo so i dont know. we need to know if you are willing to pay for quality gear or want cheap gear.

Quote Originally Posted by baikujapan View Post
    Hi,

I live on the west side of Tokyo. Anyone know of a good place to get camping gear suitable for motorcycle touring?

Thanks
    S.R.C. in Shinjuku carries a lot of camping gear. They don't seem to have a good website, but address info is here. http://arcade.rakuten.co.jp/store/1000081420

Home centers sometimes have a selection of cheap but bike-friendly camping gear, and even Don Quijote for that matter.

Bike accessory shops tend to be expensive for camping gear, but Rough&Road carries some. http://www.rough-and-road.co.jp/shop/shop.html

Given the yen-dollar exchange rate, www.Amazon.com has some great deals and shipping is often reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    S.R.C. in Shinjuku carries a lot of camping gear. They don't seem to have a good website, but address info is here. http://arcade.rakuten.co.jp/store/1000081420

Home centers sometimes have a selection of cheap but bike-friendly camping gear, and even Don Quijote for that matter.

Bike accessory shops tend to be expensive for camping gear, but Rough&Road carries some. http://www.rough-and-road.co.jp/shop/shop.html

Given the yen-dollar exchange rate, www.Amazon.com has some great deals and shipping is often reasonable.
    There's also L-Breath:

Ochanomizu

Shinjuku

Ikebukuro

Kichijoji

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Motosuko: Good place in Yamanashi. Cabins, tent space, firewood, lots of space.
    http://motosuko.com/shop/shop/motosuca/motosuca.html
    Seems like these guys take reservations for cabins but not tents. What do you think the odds are of finding a spot out there this weekend are they usually swamped?

Quote Originally Posted by FromHell View Post
    Seems like these guys take reservations for cabins but not tents. What do you think the odds are of finding a spot out there this weekend are they usually swamped?
    No problem. That site is huge and there is always somewhere to pitch a tent, even in peak holiday periods.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

We (my wife and I) will have an unofficial B&B/hostel near Kitakata soon, we are taking over a big old Japanese house, to big for us and looking for ways to make it work. definitely bike friendly relaxed and safe parking.

Default Camping sites

pdf file for a list of campsites all around Japan with prices, locations and facilities
    Bloody hell. That's a resource and a half... Never cease to amaze.

pdf file for a list of campsites all around Japan with prices, locations and facilities
    Just came across this tread, thanks for posting it.