Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Offroad Riding Area In Kanagawa

  1. #1

    Default Offroad Riding Area In Kanagawa

    A Japanese MX rider I met today told me about this place.
    Off route 129, a river bed area that is used to hold MX races
    a few times a year. No fees. Near 129 and 42.



    Jav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OffRoad.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vaginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,632

    Default


    Loco DRZView Public ProfileSend a private message to Loco DRZSend email to Loco DRZFind all posts by Loco DRZAdd Loco DRZ to Your Contacts
    #8
    09-03-09, 02:39 PM
    Jav
    Owned
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Machida Shi
    Posts: 684



    Sunday the weather was looking ominous. Got my gear together and loaded the bike
    to the car. Had not had time to wire my new lights or make a temp license plate ( the
    bike hides the rear plate ). So was a tad worried I might get pulled over it. Anyway,
    headed off and picked up some gas at on the way.

    LocoDRZ was there when I arrived ( late ). With his new bike hauler. We kitted up
    and headed over to the gravel track area. There is a sandy track and many mud
    tracks also. There was no one where when we arrived so we had the place to
    ourselves. Spent the next three hours practicing and improving ( faster ). Then we
    tried another track which is mainly sand and small gravel. This track was much harder
    to ride and the wheels would sink into the loose sand. But fun anyway.

    Lastly we headed over to some mud tracks and practices banking and running over
    series ruts. Enjoyed learning how to slide sideways to a stop at the end of each run.

    Overall a fun day. My wrists and arms are sore today but I look forward to getting
    out there again.

    Jav
    Attached Thumbnails



    __________________
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    and for the same reason."
    JavView Public ProfileSend a private message to JavSend email to JavFind all posts by JavAdd Jav to Your Contacts

    #9
    09-03-09, 02:40 PM
    Jav
    Owned
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Machida Shi
    Posts: 684



    More images........
    Attached Thumbnails
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vaginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,632

    Default

    Same place that Jav was talking about. If anyone wants directions let me know.

    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Looks like great fun. Any chance of a Google maps link?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pukka View Post
    Looks like great fun. Any chance of a Google maps link?
    +35 29' 50.83", +139 22' 23.76" (35.497452, 139.373267)
    Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=17&iwloc=addr>

    Let me know when you plan to head out there and I will see if I can join
    and show you the various tracks.

    Jav
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Thanks for that, I'll be sure to give you a shout when I plan on heading out. Have to get this oogata training out of the way first though...

  7. #7

    Default

    Hah that's 5 min from my house. Just wish I ha a dirt worthy bike!

  8. #8

    Default

    Anyone know if this place is still open?

    If so, does it close at any particular time or day?

    Also, could someone tell me if it's serious off road only or can we muck about with an adventure bike with Sirac tires?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Offroad Riding Area In Kanagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Anyone know if this place is still open?

    If so, does it close at any particular time or day?

    Also, could someone tell me if it's serious off road only or can we muck about with an adventure bike with Sirac tires?
    It's a public land area by the river. There are no open, or close times. You can muck about on any bike you fancy...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sagamihara-shi
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    A Japanese MX rider I met today told me about this place.
    Off route 129, a river bed area that is used to hold MX races
    a few times a year. No fees. Near 129 and 42.



    Jav
    I've posted up this place a few times, even set up some riding and camping days but nobody but Ken Maeda came down. It really is nothing special, but there are some jumps and berms and such, and they do have big races there sometimes. Really pretty fun area. I need to get a dirtbike again soon. Already miss the KDX in that sense and the 1190 is just way to big to be jumping. :)
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Saitama
    Posts
    235

    Default

    it might be the landing..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sagamihara-shi
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Yup. touche, But just ordered a bash plate. :) use it for more than it's built for.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Machida
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Knife Fight View Post
    I've posted up this place a few times, even set up some riding and camping days but nobody but Ken Maeda came down. It really is nothing special, but there are some jumps and berms and such, and they do have big races there sometimes. Really pretty fun area. I need to get a dirtbike again soon. Already miss the KDX in that sense and the 1190 is just way to big to be jumping. :)
    Once I get my KDX200SR up and running Ill be headed out there for sure. Its only 20 minutes or so from me. Ill have to bring out a grill and some ribs or something.

  14. #14

    Default

    Had fun there today.

    Plenty of space to to ride around and there are varying levels of track. I actually saw a guy there with a full fairing street bike. My Transalp faired relatively well but it's obvious that Adventure bike is different from offroad bike. Most guys there had dedicated off-roaders.

    Worth a visit if you live in the area.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •