Thread: Offroad Riding Area In Kanagawa

Default Offroad Riding Area In Kanagawa

A Japanese MX rider I met today told me about this place.
    Off route 129, a river bed area that is used to hold MX races
    a few times a year. No fees. Near 129 and 42.

Jav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OffRoad.jpg  

Loco DRZView Public ProfileSend a private message to Loco DRZSend email to Loco DRZFind all posts by Loco DRZAdd Loco DRZ to Your Contacts
    09-03-09, 02:39 PM
    Jav
    Owned

Sunday the weather was looking ominous. Got my gear together and loaded the bike
    to the car. Had not had time to wire my new lights or make a temp license plate ( the
    bike hides the rear plate ). So was a tad worried I might get pulled over it. Anyway,
    headed off and picked up some gas at on the way.

LocoDRZ was there when I arrived ( late ). With his new bike hauler. We kitted up
    and headed over to the gravel track area. There is a sandy track and many mud
    tracks also. There was no one where when we arrived so we had the place to
    ourselves. Spent the next three hours practicing and improving ( faster ). Then we
    tried another track which is mainly sand and small gravel. This track was much harder
    to ride and the wheels would sink into the loose sand. But fun anyway.

Lastly we headed over to some mud tracks and practices banking and running over
    series ruts. Enjoyed learning how to slide sideways to a stop at the end of each run.

Overall a fun day. My wrists and arms are sore today but I look forward to getting
    out there again.

Jav
    Attached Thumbnails

09-03-09, 02:40 PM
    Jav
    Owned

More images........
    Attached Thumbnails
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Same place that Jav was talking about. If anyone wants directions let me know.

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Looks like great fun. Any chance of a Google maps link?

Quote Originally Posted by pukka View Post
    Looks like great fun. Any chance of a Google maps link?
    +35 29' 50.83", +139 22' 23.76" (35.497452, 139.373267)
    Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=17&iwloc=addr>

Let me know when you plan to head out there and I will see if I can join
    and show you the various tracks.

Jav
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to give you a shout when I plan on heading out. Have to get this oogata training out of the way first though...

Hah that's 5 min from my house. Just wish I ha a dirt worthy bike!

Anyone know if this place is still open?

If so, does it close at any particular time or day?

Also, could someone tell me if it's serious off road only or can we muck about with an adventure bike with Sirac tires?

Default Offroad Riding Area In Kanagawa

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Anyone know if this place is still open?

If so, does it close at any particular time or day?

Also, could someone tell me if it's serious off road only or can we muck about with an adventure bike with Sirac tires?
    It's a public land area by the river. There are no open, or close times. You can muck about on any bike you fancy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    A Japanese MX rider I met today told me about this place.
    Off route 129, a river bed area that is used to hold MX races
    a few times a year. No fees. Near 129 and 42.

Jav
    I've posted up this place a few times, even set up some riding and camping days but nobody but Ken Maeda came down. It really is nothing special, but there are some jumps and berms and such, and they do have big races there sometimes. Really pretty fun area. I need to get a dirtbike again soon. Already miss the KDX in that sense and the 1190 is just way to big to be jumping. :)
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

it might be the landing..

Yup. touche, But just ordered a bash plate. :) use it for more than it's built for.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Knife Fight View Post
    I've posted up this place a few times, even set up some riding and camping days but nobody but Ken Maeda came down. It really is nothing special, but there are some jumps and berms and such, and they do have big races there sometimes. Really pretty fun area. I need to get a dirtbike again soon. Already miss the KDX in that sense and the 1190 is just way to big to be jumping. :)
    Once I get my KDX200SR up and running Ill be headed out there for sure. Its only 20 minutes or so from me. Ill have to bring out a grill and some ribs or something.

Had fun there today.

Plenty of space to to ride around and there are varying levels of track. I actually saw a guy there with a full fairing street bike. My Transalp faired relatively well but it's obvious that Adventure bike is different from offroad bike. Most guys there had dedicated off-roaders.

Worth a visit if you live in the area.