Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Known police traps

Quote Originally Posted by AML View Post
    Everyone speeds on that road! Its a long straight road and the limit is way too low at 40. Just unlucky i guess.
    You weren't unlucky, you could have seen it coming. If there's a long straight road with a 40 limit, you know the cops are going to hang around there busting people for tickets. It's the same with Kannana-dori in Tokyo. I learned my lesson there a couple years ago and now I keep it nice and slow and let the cops bust someone else.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

30 or more km/h but less than 50 over on a non-highway road is 6 points and an automatic 30 day suspension, it's just not roadside - you'll get the suspension notice in the mail. The fine is not set, and can be determined by the cop on the spot or later by a panel of cops.

The 6 pointer disqualifies you from attending the "small offenders" school so there's no way out of this counting as a suspension on your license, so for one year following the suspension, you'll have three points to play with.

Dont know the details of what he wrote.

I wasnt doing anything dangerous. I was in front of all the traffic, listening to some tunes! I didnt even notice i was doing 70...
    I think he was hiding somewhere off the road and rushed out after me when he saw me.

This is a while back now. Kept my license but had to go to a school near the scene of the crime and do a test. (to keep my license)

Funny how he caught me literally one road over from the place where they do that test.
    Last edited by AML; 06-06-11 at 02:54 PM.

If i had seen cops there before I would have gone slower, but i take that road a lot and never seen a shirobai before! That was the first and only time ive seen one. I think i know where he was hiding. And you cant see if theres a cop there until you pass it and look. (by then too late)

There are also a bunch of bike shops in the area (BMW, Ducati, KTM, harley) so i think he wanted to stalk that road for biker pray.

Its quite common apparently. (Was speaking to a guy i know who ran a bike shop) Shirobai like to skulk around bike shops coz they know bikers hang around there.

I was in front of all the traffic
    That's your problem right there. When you're out in front of all the traffic, guess who the cop is going to spot when he's looking to hand out his next ticket?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by waruta View Post
    ¥90,000? Were you passing cars left and right? Usually good form to go with the flow and only speed up a little. Also if you're going 30km/h over, they usually suspend your license. Cop must have written a couple of offenses on your ticket cause I though each 10km/h over was about ¥10,000 yen.

Ouch!
    Check the second table. Apparently there is a huge difference between 29 over and 30 over. I think a suspension is a foregone conclusion.

Its quite common apparently. (Was speaking to a guy i know who ran a bike shop) Shirobai like to skulk around bike shops coz they know bikers hang around there.
    I think I might have mentioned this before but I always see shirobai hanging around just outside NAPS in Mitaka on Touhachi Rd. I live just near there and I have seen them busting guys as they pull out to leave the NAPS store.

They know that the when leaving a shop full of cool bike gear, people are more inclined to lay down some rubber just as they are leaving the store, especially if they are being watched by other riders.
    Currently riding a CB400SS and Honda Dio.

Everyone speeds on that road! Its a long straight road and the limit is way too low at 40. Just unlucky i guess.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4&ie=UTF8&z=18
    That road is close to my house and I use it daily. I do see shirobai riding through there so I always keep an eye out, but I've never seen them in hiding waiting for prey. Thanks for taking the time to post the heads up, and hope things work out ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    That's your problem right there. When you're out in front of all the traffic, guess who the cop is going to spot when he's looking to hand out his next ticket?
    Santa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    Hell bill I will be your wife

Quote Originally Posted by gordthebiker250 View Post
    Santa?
    Wish I had a picture of that...
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

You weren't unlucky, you could have seen it coming. If there's a long straight road with a 40 limit, you know the cops are going to hang around there busting people for tickets. It's the same with Kannana-dori in Tokyo. I learned my lesson there a couple years ago and now I keep it nice and slow and let the cops bust someone else.
    Don't really know if he could see it coming...before you learned your lesson did you see it coming?

So true. I got busted doing 146 in a 40 on Rt.16, was out in front of everyone wondering why on a Saturday night at 10pm everyone was taking it slow when they usually did double the limit. Police were nice enough to drag out the net for me. Had a nice chat in the bus at the round table, even gave me a free ride home. Japanese cops are the bestest.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

Quote Originally Posted by waruta View Post
    Don't really know if he could see it coming...before you learned your lesson did you see it coming?
    Yes... if I had known back then that the cops stake out that kind of road. Maybe someone else will read this thread and not have to learn the hard way.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

This is a while back now. Kept my license but had to go to a school near the scene of the crime and do a test. (to keep my license)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    Check the second table. Apparently there is a huge difference between 29 over and 30 over. I think a suspension is a foregone conclusion.
    Yep, looks like he did the class to get the suspension reduced.

AML - remember that for the next year following the suspension your point limit is 3 points, not 6, before you get another suspension - and it's not a 30 day suspension either, it's a 60 day. They got really strict with that a couple years back.
    That means getting nailed once for 20 over is enough to take you off the road for two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubon View Post
    I think I might have mentioned this before but I always see shirobai hanging around just outside NAPS in Mitaka on Touhachi Rd. I live just near there and I have seen them busting guys as they pull out to leave the NAPS store.

They know that the when leaving a shop full of cool bike gear, people are more inclined to lay down some rubber just as they are leaving the store, especially if they are being watched by other riders.
    Same at the Kohoku Naps. (yokohama) theres always a shirobai down the road from the store.

Man, it really pisses me off. They dont give a shit about upholding the law or public safety. They just want to line their pockets at our expense.

Its the same with all the traps out there. If i was riding dangerously then i would admit to deserving a ticket. But i wasnt. The road was clear with no foreseeable danger. And like I said, if they gave a shit about dangerous drivers they would be there all the time...
    (because people on that road speed a lot more than me and drive far more dangerously)

Half the time im out on the road (on my gentski for example) i dont do anything illegal but people around me are doing unbelievable shit. Yesterday. woman drives past me with phone in one hand a toothbrush in the other.... a TOOTHBRUSH

A week ago, guy is parked on the left with hazards on. Then does a sudden u turn right in front of my without even looking. Almost slammed right into him!!

Where are the cops then? No, all they care about is filling their quotas every year so we get screwed for being into bikes and maybe speeding a little.

Not saying there arent lots of dangerous riders too. But they just seem to pick on people who are mostly innocent. Half the people at the place I had to go to do the test thing were far less guilty than me! Just unlucky that the cops picked on them. One chick got stopped and got a ticket for doing 50 (in a 50) on her gentski. Another for turning right at a big intersection! (and before you quote the law to me, i know your not supposed to...) I got a ticket on my gentski last year for going over the center white line (GOING OVER A FRACKING LINE??)

Sorry for ranting but just tired of being picked on when there are far more dangerous people out there....
    Last edited by AML; 07-06-11 at 09:50 AM.

Yea i realize that. Kinda stating the obvious.. (no offense) But thats what bikes do. And why i didnt buy a car.

i hear your frustration. i agree it is true that they go after the easy tickets which ends up being mostly the good citizens instead of the truly dangerous, reckless assholes and punks!

speed limits are ridiculously low on many roads. mostly because gentskis are limited to 30 and they dont want such a difference in speed between those and regular vehicles (my educated speculative opinion only). i think that gentski are motorized bicycles and should be for local travel only. gentski should be restricted from major intercity roads so that the speed limit can be raised on those. when i become the king i will be sure to make that a priority!

being out in front is definitely bad. i got a ticket about 6 months ago for doing 69 in a 50 on one such limited access roads that it would be safe to do at least 80 on if it werent for sharing it with the damn gentski bicycles! i was out front because i actually stopped for a yellow instead of running a red like most!

Yea i realize that. Kinda stating the obvious.. (no offense) But thats what bikes do. And why i didnt buy a car.
    Me too. Once you get out in front of all the cars, though, keep the speed under control, especially when you are in high-risk areas. Try not to do more than 10km over the limit and the cops will probably leave you alone.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Me too. Once you get out in front of all the cars, though, keep the speed under control, especially when you are in high-risk areas. Try not to do more than 10km over the limit and the cops will probably leave you alone.
    Will do, thanks!

Not sure if you can find it easily, but I still have an older copy of 全国オービス&ネズミ捕りマップ完壁ガイド (zenkoku orbis and nezumi tori map kanbeki guide) Mine is old but still most of the ones I ran across are still there. Even shows pictures of the police cars used and their number plates including things to look for to spot undercover cars. ¥952 at the time I purchased it.

Default Known police traps

Over the last two or three years they started installing new ones like they bought up the remaining stock at a going out of business clearance sale, so if that map is more than a couple years old you should probably toss it.