Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Known police traps

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    I saw one of these traps for the first time the week I received my license. I had rented a bike from a local shop and took off to Tsunoshima. On the way back, I noticed the strange metal box by the road. I had no idea what it was so I looked pretty carefully as I went by. There was a cable running off into the woods, so I followed that and saw an officer with all the instrumentation sitting in a chair, hunched over, sleeping as sound as could be. His buddies were down the road a piece chatting it up none the wiser.
    LOL..
    That is a pic, I'd take in a hearbeat

The trap is placed right here
    https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@35.52...C__A!2e0?hl=en

They wait and hide in this corner, almost every morning.
    https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@35.52...Xakg!2e0?hl=en

Heading in to Nagoya on the 22 from Gifu at the 302 Junction shirobai are there almost daily https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...9622d4e8ceb352 I learned the hard way

Learned something neat yesterday, Apparently if the police does not have his lights spinning, they wont do anything, according to my wife. I crossed the yellow line to pass about 20 cars at a stoplight and I didn't see the 2 Shirobai until the last second, I snuck in right behind em with my rear tire still across the line, They stared me down for the whole time until the light turned green, then they drove off. The wife told me after the fact that they are supposed to have their lights on in a marked vehicle if they are on patrol. Not sure how true that is, but it worked for me.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

Default Known police traps

I don't think that's correct. Seen many people get caught with no lights spinning. I guess u were just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, the concept seemed a bit suspicious to me as well, but I think the basis of the belief is that the guys are off shift and can't be bothered. Ye I was lucky.
    Bit of advice, Never create a forum account and screen name after drinking heavily and imagining stupid shit you would like to do before you die.

I've gotten done twice by unmarked cars so I dont see how that can be right.

Sunny day around Shinjuku. The shirobai were like ants and a picnic. Everywhere. But especially east Shinjuku towards yotsuya. Not sure of the large junction there, but saw 2 small scooter get tugged for illegal right turns over 3 lanes or something. The police were literally queuing up to have their turn.

Sent from my 201M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    I've gotten done twice by unmarked cars so I dont see how that can be right.
    They were unmarked in your case. That is the catch supposedly. Marked vehicles must be rolling lights according to other casual sources as well. Unless it is blatant crime thy should shrug it off.

On meiji dori from mejiro to ikebukuro, there is a blind hill and left line is only for buses from 7:30 am until 9 am.

Once or twice a month the shirobai and police cars are waiting behind the hill, so if you are driving on the left line, by the time you see them its already too late.
    They also have one scout hidden before the hill. 6,000 yen and one point. Watch out guys!