Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: NATS Circut

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default NATS Circut

    I stopped by a motorcycle dealer next to my house today and while looking for something else got totally sidetracked.

    The dealer informed me of a track he goes to called NATS Circut.
    Evidently it's the Nihon Jidosha Daigaku (日本自動車大学) Japan Auto University. http://www.nats.ac.jp/pc/home.html
    (directions http://www.nats.ac.jp/pc/access/access_top.html)
    They have their own track (how sweet is that!) and they rent it out about once a month. See google map below.


    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=17&iwloc=A

    The break down for cost is like this:

    No entrance fees.
    10,000 yen for 6 sessions of about 25 minutes each AND lunch.
    Same rules as SLY as far as bike set up and rider gear go.
    The only draw back is you need to sign up in advance to go.
    The next session will be 27 Sept. (Sunday)

    Track Photo:

    http://www.nats.ac.jp/pc/campus/circuit.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vaginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,632

    Default

    27th you say...... The CRF will be together by then...... Jav???? Interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in front of the river
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Wow....it is small i'll give you that. I'll join you guys once i sort out a minibike for my SLY sessions. I'm still hunting for one to buzz around the smaller tracks.
    Have fun there!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivx View Post
    Wow....it is small i'll give you that. I'll join you guys once i sort out a minibike for my SLY sessions. I'm still hunting for one to buzz around the smaller tracks.
    Have fun there!

    SLY and NATS are both 1200 meters long.
    NATS actually seems to have some left hand turns in it though and a big sweeper.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivx View Post
    Wow....it is small i'll give you that. I'll join you guys once i sort out a minibike for my SLY sessions. I'm still hunting for one to buzz around the smaller tracks.
    Have fun there!
    You don't need a minibike for SLY. There are many 600, 750 and 1000cc
    bikes out there that do super fast times. I have heard quite a few racers
    say it is excellent training for them, because it is all braking, corners and
    acceleration. Plus it is hard work, so no sitting on the saddle at full throttle
    for 30s.............

    I would suggest you try the 600 out there, before you buy another bike.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco DRZ View Post
    27th you say...... The CRF will be together by then...... Jav???? Interested?
    Might be possible. But I would have to get over my dislike of Chiba
    and mentally prepare for the shite traffic ( end of holiday week ).
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Might be possible. But I would have to get over my dislike of Chiba
    and mentally prepare for the shite traffic ( end of holiday week ).
    Oh that's right. Japan invented a new holiday to counter balance their "Golden Week" holiday.......isn't this new one called "Silver Week"?
    I think it is around the end of this month too isn't?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    You don't need a minibike for SLY. There are many 600, 750 and 1000cc
    bikes out there that do super fast times. I have heard quite a few racers
    say it is excellent training for them, because it is all braking, corners and
    acceleration. Plus it is hard work, so no sitting on the saddle at full throttle
    for 30s.............

    I would suggest you try the 600 out there, before you buy another bike.
    Ya, I rode a 1,000cc at SLY and guarantee it's work

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Shibuya
    Posts
    24

    Default

    For those who might be interested, there is another session at the NATS circuit on April 4th http://lirica.co.jp/event/nats/20100404/index.html
    They are not sure about next sessions because the neighbor is complaining about the noise :)
    Life sucks ... and then you die.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbishop View Post
    For those who might be interested, there is another session at the NATS circuit on April 4th http://lirica.co.jp/event/nats/20100404/index.html
    They are not sure about next sessions because the neighbor is complaining about the noise :)
    If I am still in town I might go. Depends on the job.
    NATS is an OK place but last time I was there they didn't offer lap timers.
    The track is nice and different than SLY.
    I have ridden the RC out there and it wasn't bad.
    Next time I go I will take the VFR 400 and see how it does.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Shibuya
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
    If I am still in town I might go. Depends on the job.
    NATS is an OK place but last time I was there they didn't offer lap timers.
    The track is nice and different than SLY.
    I have ridden the RC out there and it wasn't bad.
    Next time I go I will take the VFR 400 and see how it does.
    Well it's not an official circuit, so I don't think they have any hardware to time the laps.
    For 10,000 too ....
    Life sucks ... and then you die.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbishop View Post
    Well it's not an official circuit, so I don't think they have any hardware to time the laps.
    For 10,000 too ....
    The actually have a big timer board there but they aren't offering timers.
    They have the infrastructure to use timers they just don't.....so that's kind of a draw back to the place.
    At SLY they have rental timers for 1500 yen. I think folks would pay to use them at NATS as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yokohama
    Posts
    459

    Default

    There is a chance I will be moving back down to Kyushu so I will be hitting this place for sure.
    http://www.autopolis.jp/whats_ap/cou...p/overall.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •