Thread: Rare/Exotic sport bikes

Default Rare/Exotic sport bikes

I ran across this bike (NR 750) while surfing the net. I had heard about this bike years ago but never actually seen or heard one.
    http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nanbu83/20248363.html

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...onda_nr750.htm

Only ever seen to of them in the flesh..nice bit of kit,, friend of mine exported one early this year cost about 4,000,000 yen,, there was also one in the auction a few weeks back sold for around 1,800,000 but need a bit of work done...

One rode by while I was at Motegi last April for MotoGP. SEXY!

It definitely sounded different than any other bike I heard that day.

Wasn't there a vid on youtube a while back of some guy letting a girl ride and and she dropped it? Found it! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wm0yWZ0SGo"]YouTube - Honda NR750 dropped[/ame]

Dana
    A man will marry a woman hoping she never changes but a woman will marry a man hoping he will change. Author Unknown

2010 Yamaha WR250X
    2008 CBR1000RR Race Bike (For Sale)
    2004 Multistrada 1000DS (For Sale)

Big fan of rare Exotic sports bike, just love the style and sounds of the late 80s early 90s bikes...
    Already got two in my Barn and plan to add more next year....maybe even some classic racers...

The Bellami Du Martin Foxbat...and the Honda RC30...

There`s a guy who has all his work done by Haru-T in Hiratsuka who "owns" a mint NR750.
    He has all top of the line Ohlins front and rear, ditto Brembo brakes. Carbon wheels order made in the UK and a one off titanium exhaust system. Now get this, he bought it from new and has NEVER, EVER started the motor! Just keeps it, customizes it and polishes it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenbiker1 View Post
    There`s a guy who has all his work done by Haru-T in Hiratsuka who "owns" a mint NR750.
    He has all top of the line Ohlins front and rear, ditto Brembo brakes. Carbon wheels order made in the UK and a one off titanium exhaust system. Now get this, he bought it from new and has NEVER, EVER started the motor! Just keeps it, customizes it and polishes it.
    Watch he or some douche will start it and over rev it before it's broken in.

A few years ago I rode back from Motegi following my Honda/Yamaha dealer on his bosses' NR750. He didn't drop below 200kph for about 30 minutes to the end of the Tohoku Expressway. It was good to see (and hear) it ridden hard, not like some museum piece.

This year I rode with the owner (who incidentally has competed in the Paris-Dakar rally more than 20 times in a works Toyota). He treats it much like a normal bike and had picked up a few bodywork scratches.

His only complaint is that the brakes are not up to the standard of modern bikes.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then give up. There's no use in being a damn fool about it."
    W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    One rode by while I was at Motegi last April for MotoGP. SEXY!

It definitely sounded different than any other bike I heard that day.

Wasn't there a vid on youtube a while back of some guy letting a girl ride and and she dropped it? Found it! YouTube - Honda NR750 dropped

Dana
    I actually posted a comment to that mpeg a few days ago under the name "Ryushikan".
    Someone on there couldn't understand why a "VFR" would cost 60K....