Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sporty driving

Default sporty driving

Hi everybody,
    do you know any place where you can get lesson in English for race driving ??I mean how to drive fast and safe on the track??
    There are some but all in Japanese....:-(

Thanks

I would suggest to follow us out to Yamanashi Sports Land. If you haven't been on a track yet it is a good start. Plenty of Gaijins around lately to give you some feedback on your riding.

Or

Just come along for a group ride down to Izu

Car or bike..??

Well I ment Sporty MotorBike riding..
    I have my Ducati Monster S4rs 130 Hpower,but when it comes to mountains fast riding with turns and so on..even a Vespa probably will pass me..
    Please let me know when you guys get together for a group ride and when U go to Yamanashi Sport land..(By the way, do U need full gear riding or you can just rent there?

Looking forward to learn from all of you.

Ciao,
    Diabolik

Ciao Diabolik, My fellow S4rs rider :)

I'm in the same situation, looking for track training as I'm a bit paranoid of emergency handling (ie, like how the GF dropped her bike the other day because a cat ran out). Shall we give them a ring and see what they got? I only speak fumbly japanese but the GF is pretty much fluent. She's into getting some training too so I have no excuses on not getting this done.

Also looking to head to Nikko this weekend for Couyou with the GF. More the merrier, maybe I'll post something on the "Street Rides & Touring" section in case anyone else wants to join.

Ciao,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by smike View Post

I'm in the same situation, looking for track training as I'm a bit paranoid of emergency handling (ie, like how the GF dropped her bike the other day because a cat ran out). Shall we give them a ring and see what they got? I only speak fumbly japanese but the GF is pretty much fluent. She's into getting some training too so I have no excuses on not getting this done.

Also looking to head to Nikko this weekend for Couyou with the GF. More the merrier, maybe I'll post something on the "Street Rides & Touring" section in case anyone else wants to join.

Ciao,
    Mike
    Hi Mike, sorry I dont understand when you say "Shall we give them a ring and see what they got?
    Sorry ring to whom ??
    This weekend I will be going out with a group of Japanese guys and girls, mostly Ducati bikers..

Let me know if U have some good news.
    Grazie,
    Ciao !

By "them" I just mean one of the clubs. A friend of mine put me on to BK riding school but I haven't followed up on it (http://www.mu-ad.co.jp/bk-index.html). Is it just me or do Japanese web sites generally suck?

On the "circuit & trackday" forum they mention Yamanashi , Suzuka, Motegi, Tsukuba... perhaps there's some schools that operate out of those tracks.

Where you headed this weekend?

Hi,
    I will ask my Japanese friend to call up the http://www.mu-ad.co.jp/bk-index.html). and see what they say..
    Are U driving tandem with your girlfriend ?? I do sometimes..
    What are U raiding ??
    Are U going to stay over night at Nikko ??Is anybody else joing you ?
    I will see what my Japanese friend have planed for the weekend, maybe they will just drive on Sunday...Anyway I will let U know exactly where we are going , who knows maybe we can meet up !
    Talk later,
    Ciao !!

Ciao,
    Mike
    Hmmmm, now let me think about this. Dump the bike or run over the cat, kill it, and keep riding.
    If I lived in a world without motorcycles, I would have to invent them.

Quote Originally Posted by hiromj View Post
    Hmmmm, now let me think about this. Dump the bike or run over the cat, kill it, and keep riding.
    Mmmmm.. well we try not to kill the cat as we try not to kill ourself...the bike can be repaired..with the body sometimes not...
    What are you driving ?? Post some pix with you and the bike..and maybe the cat...
    Ciao !

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Mmmmm.. well we try not to kill the cat as we try not to kill ourself...the bike can be repaired..with the body sometimes not...
    What are you driving ?? Post some pix with you and the bike..and maybe the cat...
    Ciao !
    Can't find a picture now but I have a Suzuki RF400R (VC Engine), Honda 125cc scooter, Suzuki Lets II s 50cc scooter. And I "drive" my Toyota RAV4. I will post pictures as soon as the wife finds the camera adapter so I can load the pics into the computer.
    And, I have been down and yes it hurts.
    If I lived in a world without motorcycles, I would have to invent them.

Smike & Diabolik,

I might be able to talk Antkiller into providing some paid training out at Yamanashi
    circuit. Will talk to him and see if he is interested.

Suggestion:
    Minimum 3 people, max 5 people.
    Costs JPY6000 per person training fee
    JPY7000 odd for license, 2000 odd for lap timer and 2550 per session ( usually there are
    5 sessions per day - you can choose how many you want to run ).
    Last edited by Jav; 21-10-09 at 02:04 PM.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Smike & Diabolik,

I might be able to talk Antkiller into providing some paid training out at Yamanashi
    circuit. Will talk to him and see if he is interested.

Suggestion:
    Minimum 3 people, max 5 people.
    Costs JPY6000 per person training fee
    JPY7000 odd for license, 2000 odd for lap timer and 2550 per session ( usually there are
    5 sessions per day - you can choose how many you want to run ).
    I'd be interested in such a plan too. Keep us posted!
    Last edited by BandaliS; 21-10-09 at 05:28 PM.

Just thought I would mention, the lap timer is optional, but recommended. Sessions are
    also up the rider. Skip one or two or do them all. License is valid for 12 months.

Need leather pants, gloves, riding boots, full face helmet. Tape up lights but not much else.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Just thought I would mention, the lap timer is optional, but recommended. Sessions are
    also up the rider. Skip one or two or do them all. License is valid for 12 months.

Need leather pants, gloves, riding boots, full face helmet. Tape up lights but not much else.
    Guess I'll have to add the cost of leather pants to the total...

Default Training

Hi Guys,

that sounds very interesting.
    I would like to join such traiining on any weekend.
    I particpated some sessions on Tsukuba, Motegi and the next weekend
    Fujispeedway - but I am too slow.
    I need to learn.
    And I need some English speaking trainer otherwise I am lost...

Goetz

Hi, I am also interested, it just depends on which weekend , because sometimes I work..but if I know few months ahead then I can plan my schedule around maybe..
    Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Hi,
    I will ask my Japanese friend to call up the http://www.mu-ad.co.jp/bk-index.html). and see what they say..
    Are U driving tandem with your girlfriend ?? I do sometimes..
    What are U raiding ??
    Are U going to stay over night at Nikko ??Is anybody else joing you ?
    I will see what my Japanese friend have planed for the weekend, maybe they will just drive on Sunday...Anyway I will let U know exactly where we are going , who knows maybe we can meet up !
    Talk later,
    Ciao !!
    Yup, tandem with the girlfriend(until she gets a decent bike for the highway). Headlight is way to high though... makes night driving uncomfortable for both me and those in front of me.

I'm also on a S4rs, a 2007 w Termignoni kit.

The weekend is still not certain. Nikko is on the books, yet Fastbike's invitation to SLY track in Yamanashi is very tempting.

Meeting up would be good indeed. Burooom

Yup, tandem with the girlfriend(until she gets a decent bike for the highway). Headlight is way to high though... makes night driving uncomfortable for both me and those in front of me.

I'm also on a S4rs, a 2007 w Termignoni kit.

The weekend is still not certain. Nikko is on the books, yet Fastbike's invitation to SLY track in Yamanashi is very tempting.

Meeting up would be good indeed. Burooom
    So both with Gfriend..and both with S4rs...why dont we go together to see a bit of the Racing at Sly and before-after we tour a bit around ??

If U up to, then maybe we can meet up Saturday for a coffe and a chat then Sunday we go !!
    Phone: 08066319414

Ciao !

Thanks for the invite. We actually made a plan to head out early Saturday morning to enjoy the kouyou, then stay overnight in the area (hotel). Sunday's weather isn't looking so hot, pissing rain all day (both SLY and Tokyo). You up for a Saturday departure and then getting absolutely soaked on Sunday?

Mike
    090 6563 7207
    Last edited by smike; 23-10-09 at 12:35 PM. Reason: [IMG]http://images.zaazu.com/img/rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley-emoticon-000400-medium.gif[/IMG] didn't work