Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAT CAVE SHIMODA- 28th-29th NOV

Default BAT CAVE SHIMODA- 28th-29th NOV

Thinking about doing the Bi-annual bat cave (no actual bats in the bat cave) camp out to get my last good ride in before shitty winter kicks in. Usual plan- leave early Sat 28th, meet at the top of Toyo Tires Turnpike around 9:30-10ish. Take the Skylines down then 136 around the bottom to the Bat cave (Ohama Beach). Indian Curry in Shimoda, Beers at Bulls bar, More beers back at the cave around the fire, freeze your nuts off in a tent, wake up with a sore head and repeat in reverse minus the beers and curry. Anyone interested? Those not up for camping could stay here http://www.ernest-house.com/index_e.html just 2 mins from the cave. Those up for camping should pack some winter woolies and or bottles of Rum. wodoyarekon?

is there parking for the surf down there? If so I may cage it just to enjoy the company....and beer of course.

I could pack some crap for people too if I do go.

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Car should be OK. This time of year there is no one down there. We just park on the side of the road a car should be fine too.

Awesome! I will pencil it in....
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Sounds like fun. No plans for that weekend yet, so I might be able to make it.

I'm supposed to be rebuilding my server room that weekend - could check with the PFY and see if her plans can be rearranged to do the build the following weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Loco DRZ View Post
    is there parking for the surf down there? If so I may cage it just to enjoy the company....and beer of course.

I could pack some crap for people too if I do go.

Phil
    Drag Cmac's ass down there too, we could use some fire side laughs.

Pete.
    "He who conquers himself, conquers all"

Quote Originally Posted by Antkiller View Post
    Drag Cmac's ass down there too, we could use some fire side laughs.

Pete.
    Will do! Craig will keep me company as I drone through the traffic!

But we aren't sharing a tent! At least not without a courtesy sheet!

Phil

Tentatively in. Probably my last ride on this side of the ocean for a while...

Think I'll even risk camping, if I'll find a warmer sleeping bag/some kind of pad at work...

Quote Originally Posted by ranmafan View Post
    Tentatively in. Probably my last ride on this side of the ocean for a while...

Think I'll even risk camping, if I'll find a warmer sleeping bag/some kind of pad at work...
    I will be camping too, but will probably sleep in the cave as it isn't as cold as outside.

Pete.

I will be camping too, but will probably sleep in the cave as it isn't as cold as outside.

Pete.
    Can't see very well from the old pictures, but the floor does look sandy (and wet?). I'm guessing a tent is a good idea even inside...

Quote Originally Posted by ranmafan View Post
    Can't see very well from the old pictures, but the floor does look sandy (and wet?). I'm guessing a tent is a good idea even inside...
    Yes, put up a tent inside the cave.

I'm in.

I'll be there with my tent, some warm clothes, and some hard liquor (to keep me warm).

Haven't been to the bat cave yet...looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phorest View Post
    I'm in.

I'll be there with my tent, some warm clothes, and some hard liquor (to keep me warm).
    Not sure what the forecast is, but that might be a seriously bad idea if it gets cold enough...

My server room rebuild got moved back one week (in case I'm not recovered enough to be lifting ancient servers... when we de-rack 'em) but I may not have my bike back. If it works out, any place to park a cage down there?

Quote Originally Posted by FireboltXB12R View Post
    Car should be OK. This time of year there is no one down there. We just park on the side of the road a car should be fine too.
    The above is from the same thread...

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
    My server room rebuild got moved back one week (in case I'm not recovered enough to be lifting ancient servers... when we de-rack 'em) but I may not have my bike back. If it works out, any place to park a cage down there?
    At this time of the year you can park anywhere. There is a car park right in front of the cave. No problem.

ranmafan, the cold isn't that bad in the cave, I take an old cheap sleeping bag with a thin blanket and my riding jacket and I'm pretty snug. A hat helps too.

Pete.

ranmafan, the cold isn't that bad in the cave, I take an old cheap sleeping bag with a thin blanket and my riding jacket and I'm pretty snug. A hat helps too.
    Ah, right. I was referring to the alcohol part (i.e. feeling warm != being warm) :)

I just need an excuse to bring liquor. I won't be showing up in shorts and a tshirt clutching a bottle of whisky. No worries.

CMAC........You still planning on going? I am 50/50 right now....I may still go but some other stuff has popped up....Just trying to figure out what your plan is.

I think ET said something about caging it down there also....