Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder coating

Default Powder coating

Hi guys,

I just bought a DIY powder coating system to re-do my hubs. Once I gain a bit of experience I should be able to tackle some other jobs if wanted. Anyone wanting to add some bling or spruce up their machines drop me a line
    Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade
    Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
    KTM 520EXC
    Monkey Bike (Nicked by scumbag)

I just use the toaster oven. Wife's not too thrilled but who cares...

Funny someone else on the web has the same oven
    and part in it.............
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjp View Post
    Hi guys,

I just bought a DIY powder coating system to re-do my hubs. Once I gain a bit of experience I should be able to tackle some other jobs if wanted. Anyone wanting to add some bling or spruce up their machines drop me a line
    Post up some pics of items you have spruced up when you
    get a chance. Would like to see the finish. Might be
    interested in getting some parts coated.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I need some PC bad!!!! The little Mini Moto is rusting out....... so I will sandblast them here on the base and ship them your way so you can have even more "Practice" if you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I just use the toaster oven. Wife's not too thrilled but who cares...
    If you're serious, then buy a new toaster oven... the process coats the interior of the oven with toxic residue that can then infuse your cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
    ...toxic residue that can then infuse your cooking.
    That one-of-a-kind flavor!
    A man will marry a woman hoping she never changes but a woman will marry a man hoping he will change. Author Unknown

2010 Yamaha WR250X
    2008 CBR1000RR Race Bike (For Sale)
    2004 Multistrada 1000DS (For Sale)

Twinrider will turn into the Toxic Avenger.............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27E4Qfj7iEY"]YouTube- The Toxic Avenger Trailer[/ame]

But will have his work cut out for him fighting off the alien invasion............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niPSg6EyQw8"]YouTube- BAD TASTE - PETER JACKSON 1987 part 1[/ame]

Default PC

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
    If you're serious, then buy a new toaster oven... the process coats the interior of the oven with toxic residue that can then infuse your cooking.

Yea I got an old one just for the job. Just big enough to hold my rear hub. Best $100 I ever spent... or not 'cos I'll flog it when I'm done. Now I can sit back and pretend I have the new bike the wife has outlawed me from buying (ever, I think).
    Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
    KTM 520EXC

Hey Loco,

Would you be able to blast a rear shock spring? Maybe we can help each other out 'cos the company I used for my hubs etc said it was too big for their cabinet and unbelievably there isn't another in town.

P.S I used up the black powder, but I've got gold and orange. Trying to find a source in Japan. Any ideas?
    Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
    KTM 520EXC

Don't know for Japan, but Summitracing.com in the US ship to Japan and their shipping
    costs are reasonable. They do sell powder coating stuff. Have seen a few sand blast
    cabinets around pretty cheap......................

I can help with the sand blasting on your rear spring!!!

Shoot me a PM and we can sort something out.

Blue Mini Moto with Gold hubs huh??? I will run that by the GF.

Phil
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

I'd like to powder coat a full sized frame. Too big???

I think they sell powder here.
    http://www.funtai-toryo.com/index.html

Im looking to get my rear Sets and riders pegs PC Black .If anyone know were please email me at Gregg.Blevins@Yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by blueiyz View Post
    Im looking to get my rear Sets and riders pegs PC Black .If anyone know were please email me at Gregg.Blevins@Yahoo.com
    Did you get your bike through emissions?

Gregg I just did my rear peg hangers but didn't want to wait for PC. I tooke them off the bike and stripped the clear coat off in the sand blaster of at the auto hobby then painted them with rim paint to be extra chip resistant. Cost about 20 bucks and they still look good three months later.

Phil

Just mailed my rear sets and passenger pegs to a company in the States called Powder Pefect .i will post some pics when i get them back.

Well got the parts back today. I am very happy with the outcome. Powderpefect.com total cost including shipping both ways 75 dollars. Wow! I dont know how to post the pictures? Can i email the pics to someone to post?