Thread: '93 Super Four CB400SF service manual

Question '93 Super Four CB400SF service manual

Hi all,

Recently started a bike maintenance course and I'm trying to track down a service manual for my bike. It's a 93 Japanese Super Four which wound up living in London about 10 years ago.

I did a couple of searches on the forum and found this thread:

http://www.gaijinriders.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=668

Some good bits on there for the older CB's but, unless I'm missing it, nothing for specifically for mine.

Not too worried about the parts numbers etc as there's lots of common parts between the CB500 of the same era available here. The things I'm after are along the lines of:

= how much I need to use when changing just the oil or the oil and filter, fork oil, brake fluid etc
    = after what distances do the various systems need to be checked/replaced - oil filter, air filter, brake fluid.
    = perhaps wiring diagrams (if I'm lucky...)
    = anything else I should be thinking of relating to servicing it myself

Any help, guidance, PDFs or GIFs greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a service manual for my '96 CB400. I'm not sure how much overlap applies to your '93...

The cover states:

Honda CB400 Super Four
    CB400 N,R (NC31), CB400FII S,T,V / FIII S,T,V(NC31)

If your bike model falls somewhere in there, I can try to get some info out of it for you. I only have a hardcopy of the manual, and it is all japanese. I use it more for diagrams, etc.

BTW, I bought the manual at Rough and Road.. I just walked in and asked for a '96 CB400 manual, and bada bing bada bang, they had it.

Hi SpoonyLove. Sounds like a match! Mine is a CB400FII S, a great little red and white NC31.

Would would be good to know what the book says about the things that need changing at the larger servicing stages: 10,000km - 20,000km - 30,000km etc. I'm guessing that it would be things like oil and filter, air filter, cooling fluid, brake fluid etc but just really after knowing what the manual says.

Also, if you have the time, could you take and post a couple of pictures of the wiring diagram for the headlamp, specifically the wiring from the fusebox to the headlamp and on to the left switch cluster - think I've lost the 12v on the lowbeam/high beam switch. The flasher still works for full beam but I've got no low beam (switched on by default) on that switch - not too good when the pedestrians on my route home leap out into the street because they have trouble seeing me, grrr...

I'll be in Japan again in March so will try to pick up a copy. I'll likely be on foot/bus/underground so do you know of somewhere in the centre that is easily accessible?

All the best!

toomanycooks--

Private message me for contact info-- I'll send over some pics I took of the schematics. Regarding recommended service per mileage, I can't decipher that info out of the book. It is full of awesome exploded views of all the parts, and LOTS and LOTS of kanji.

Hey Spoony,

Thanks for this, I've sent you a PM.

Cheers!