Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Luggage For FXSTB

I will keep throwing options I find on the net here as this thread is of interest to non members as well, judging by the view count....

This is the JM Hard saddle bag. Cost around US$250 on fleabay. Not lined and
    universal mount kit. Also, optional top cover racks.

Last edited by Jav; 27-06-10 at 09:46 PM.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Decided to order some Tsukaya Strong cases. I went for the Tsukaya mainly because
    * you can decide the mounting height of the bags ( not predrilled )
    * they are lined
    * locks included
    * double sealed
    * prepainted ( Gloss black )
    * decent reputation as an aftermarket bags manufacturer
    * optional led indicators built in
    * 8" wide and mount real close to the bike so does not really make the bike that wide, but still wide enough to carry DSLR and lots of other gear ( 26L )
    * did not want to spend US$1400 on a set of bags that i might not like once on the bike.

Will eventually try to get the rear end to look something along this line ( I know it
    it not a Harley ).

Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Installed the Tsukaya cases today. Overall they look nice and basically do what they should.
    However, the quality of paint work seems questionable. The tape I used to mark onto when
    removed, tool large patches of paint off the inside back of the cases. The same tape on some
    metal I had sprayed just hours earlier, did not cause any paint to come off.

The generic mount system sorta sucks on the Harley. The bags sit about1.5" from the rail. Guess
    that is why the Harley units have the recessed bases to allow closer mounting. Will see how they
    last and if they break soon, will get the Harley cases. Pics tomorrow.

I'll second that... it just made the hair on my back curl....
    sorry after getting all the way down here.... why did you want bags for???

hey Jav...
    if you just read my last post and anyone else your probably thinking WTF as i was looking at the post you (jav) did when you were looking for bags...and was replying to that..... so what i want to know is how the hell to i delete f*%ked up posts i do by mistake... or after having a few to many...
    cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by little pebble View Post
    hey Jav...
    if you just read my last post and anyone else your probably thinking WTF as i was looking at the post you (jav) did when you were looking for bags...and was replying to that..... so what i want to know is how the hell to i delete f*%ked up posts i do by mistake... or after having a few to many...
    cheers..
    Delete was disabled after some people tryed to delete all their posts, which made others post seem related to nothing. You can edit
    a post and delete the contents that way.

Why bags? I am getting old, and want to carry a few camera's with me. Tired of unstrapping bags etc. The cases are so easy to use.
    Also, I like the look.

so how about some pics jav?!?

little pebble, side cases are just so convenient. once you've had a set you'll want for them on every bike!

yeah i know haildamage.... thats why i got the flstc.. even has a windscreen... actually i normally don't run with them on.. just put on for the run up to hattoji... your ones were cool... what do they weigh... a whole 500grams each... i remember tapping them and thinking these must be so light...
    hey send me some sausages down will ya...

dont know how much they weigh but they are very light!

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    so how about some pics jav?!?

little pebble, side cases are just so convenient. once you've had a set you'll want for them on every bike!

Hard luggage rocks as long as it doesn't stick out a mile. Just finished a week two-up trip on the RK and it was nice to be able to lock everything up and not worry about rain. The Tour-Pak makes the RK look like a geezer glide but it holds a ton and it's hard to beat for two-up touring. Detaches in seconds when not needed on solo rides.

Last edited by Twinrider; 09-05-11 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    $1160 plus mounting kits and liners I think. Maybe looking at $1400 with everything. Thanks for posting the pic, though, seeing the Harley bags in black does help.

But I think I will go with the Tsukaya bags and change my rear fender to one similar to the Fat Boys, trim it to same level as the bottom of the bags to dress
    the rear of the bike a bit. Don't really like the softail fender with any sort of bags. I also like twin rear pipes (true duals) in black. So might look at doing that.

Does anyone know what handle bars are on this bike?