Thread: Tomei-Chuo-Ken-O connector

Default Tomei-Chuo-Ken-O connector

I will repost this info here, so we can keep track the progress. Maybe the mods will want to make it a sticky.

As of March 2010, a 1.9 km section has been opened from Ebina junction to the all new Ebina IC. But it will take another 2 years to connect to Hachioji Junction, linking the Chuo, Ken-O and the Tomei.

Planned route with completed section in red.

Timetable

Luckily I caught Loco before he tried.................
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Great idea for a road! How do you find out about this kind of stuff?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Luckily I caught Loco before he tried.................
    Yeah no shit!

The crappy part about this new road is that it should just be finished by the time I leave! Which means that I will still be copping either 9,500 yen each way to take the fast route to Sly or 5,000 yen each way to sit in friggin traffic!

Damn!

On a side note.............When this road is completed i will not be paying for any tolls........FREEways are way better that Expressways! Hahhaahahaha I can't wait to be back in the US!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Great idea for a road! How do you find out about this kind of stuff?
    They've had signs on the Tomei for a while and the construction is visible going on at both ends. I just had my wife look it up.

I was really psyched about it opening this year. Oh well, two more years of waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Loco DRZ View Post
    Yeah no shit!

The crappy part about this new road is that it should just be finished by the time I leave! Which means that I will still be copping either 9,500 yen each way to take the fast route to Sly or 5,000 yen each way to sit in friggin traffic!

Damn!

On a side note.............When this road is completed i will not be paying for any tolls........FREEways are way better that Expressways! Hahhaahahaha I can't wait to be back in the US!
    We should car pool. It is a bit silly us all rocking up in cars, when we don't need to kart bikes out there.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I saw info on this at the local police station hwne I was trying to renew my licence, but I'm sure there's a formal site for this ind of info (?).
    2016 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2016 - // 2006 Honda CB400 Super Four 2006-2016
    www.nanikore.net

Anyone have any updates on when this connector is going to open? I was on both the Tomei and the Chuo today and neither the Atsugi or Hachioji junctions had any signs indicating that you can pass all the way through. However, I did see a sign on the Chuo just before Hachioji that indicated the roads are already connected. It looked like a new digital sign that was not illuminated which lead me to believe they may be close to opening if it isn't already.

A quick look turned up this. Making progress but not connected yet.

Red section between Takao and Sagamihara ICs due to be completed this year. Can't wait!

Drove past it Monday and all is calm near Hachioji/Ken-O.

Unfortunately all of the traffic I experience is back towards Ueno area.

Dana
    A man will marry a woman hoping she never changes but a woman will marry a man hoping he will change. Author Unknown

2010 Yamaha WR250X
    2008 CBR1000RR Race Bike (For Sale)
    2004 Multistrada 1000DS (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    A quick look turned up this. Making progress but not connected yet.
    That's good info, but could you also post a link to the site where those images came from?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Closed the links and cleared the history a while back, you'll have to put your google fu to work.

Default Re: Tomei-Chuo-Ken-O connector

Closed the links and cleared the history a while back, you'll have to put your google fu to work.
    I can't believe you'd find a site like that and then not bookmark it or even remember what it was called.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    I can't believe you'd find a site like that and then not bookmark it or even remember what it was called.
    It wasn't one site, it involved digging around on Nexco's really crap website and others because Nexco didn't seem to have one page where they actually gave a clear answer to what you'd think would be a very commonplace question. Try doing a search using the words (in Japanese) ken-o, ebina IC hachioji IC, itsu

Default Re: Tomei-Chuo-Ken-O connector

It wasn't one site, it involved digging around on Nexco's really crap website and others because Nexco didn't seem to have one page where they actually gave a clear answer to what you'd think would be a very commonplace question. Try doing a search using the words (in Japanese) ken-o, ebina IC hachioji IC, itsu
    I already did a few days ago. Agree their site is crap.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja