Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police chase

Default Police chase

Wow, relentless cops....

Did he get off with a warning?

LOL go on you pansies ram his car! What a bunch of useless tits ...

This video makes me angry. As soon as that idiot started going through red lights at high speed, the cops should have either taken him out by pushing the rear of his car causing him to spin out, or they should have called off the chase.

In my home country Australia, there have been a lot of cases of car chases resulting in the deaths of innocent people or even whole families.

Don't the Japanese cops know any advanced methods for taking out cars? You see it on cop shows all the time. Just a small bump in the right spot can cause any car to spin out. I also wonder if shouting "Stop, there is no escape" really ever successfully stops a person in that situation.
    Currently riding a CB400SS and Honda Dio.

Yes but in OZ the cops kill as many bystanders as the crims. Saw quite a few cases where there were
    4 to 6 cop cars chasing one crim. OZ cops can hardly be accused of using their brain or caring
    about justice.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

They got the plate of the car - find it later, impound it and prosecute the owner. That's why I'm in favour of speed cameras too ...

Speed cameras don't stop bad driving though.

If it's a stolen car it doesn't help much Kamizuka.

Have you ever seen a cop stop someone and give them a ticket for 'bad driving'? I'd be willing to bet that 99% of tickets issued are for speeding ... here, anyway. If you turn without indicating I doubt you're going to see cop lights behind you and go SHIT hit gas! Head for the border!
    How many people driving stolen cars get stopped and given a speeding ticket? And if they do a runner, wouldn't a helicopter make more sense?
    "Here sir we got your car back ... bit banged up ... don't mind the brains on the windshield, we got in a chase (fuck it was awesome mate!) and run over a couple of pedestrians, a motorcyclist and a baby pram."

If speed cameras are so great, why aren't they around schools and playgrounds? They are mostly on motorway networks where they can't enforce simple rules like don't block the middle/outside lanes at 75kmh or keep safe braking distances. They are simply revenue collectors which is why it surprised me when you said you liked speed cameras. That's all I'm saying.....

Here, I've only seen them on highways and they only seem to operate if you're well over the limit ... in the UK, they're like mushrooms. NZ is heading the same way; the cops try to tell you they put them in "danger spots" but I doubt that having a camera next to the 50 sign as you coast into the outskirts of town from the open road is really that dangerous

I hate the bloody things and I hate the whole idea of paying fines at all, but nobody has ever been killed by a pursuing speed camera. If they were TRULY interested in safety, there'd be speed cameras and red light cameras EVERYWHERE!

As Chris Rock has said "Run from the Cops and an ass beating WILL follow".......but I guess that didn't happen in this case.
    That has to be the worst cuffing technique I have seen too.

Useless cops. What is the point of chasing someone if they aren't prepared to make him stop? Looked like they were more worried about scratching their cars than putting an end to the reckless chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    Useless cops. What is the point of chasing someone if they aren't prepared to make him stop? Looked like they were more worried about scratching their cars than putting an end to the reckless chase.

I am wondering what would happen if the car being chased ran into someone and injured or killed them.
    Would the the cops take any responsibilty for not stopping them when they had so many chances?
    (I doubt it)

I don't know the best procedure for these things, but it looks like the police aren't really too interested, and certainly that they don't want to scratch their Skyline. Really does look very slow and plodding - even the CG parts can't make it look interesting. Maybe I'm missing something, but that almost looks staged.

I guess this is why they stick to jumping out from behind trees to nab people for speeding, not putting their foot down at stop lines and so on.
    2016 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2016 - // 2006 Honda CB400 Super Four 2006-2016
    www.nanikore.net

Australian police in action..............

Nine police who surrounded an unarmed man at the East Perth watch house used a Taser on him 13 times
    even though he wasn't threatening them, the WA corruption watchdog has found.

Source SMH newspaper.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
    +1. And horrible handcuff technique - good thing the guy wasn't actually putting up much of a fight.

Wouldn't be surprised though, if the cop that actually tried to stop this guy by running him off the road got in trouble for "reckless" behavior. Some caution is certainly warranted since this is all on city streets, but they had so many chances to stop him. The best part is when the perp is coming off the sidewalk and the cop car obligingly gets out of his way.
    You spend your life looking for the booty. And when you find the booty, the booty has a headache!

There was one dude at the end who, from the way he walked up to the guy on the ground, I thought he was going to stomp on his head ... probably just my over-active hatred of authority figures though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post
    There was one dude at the end who, from the way he walked up to the guy on the ground, I thought he was going to stomp on his head ... probably just my over-active hatred of authority figures though ...
    Ya I was surprised the detective didn't "fall" on one knee onto the perp's head, but then again the cameras were there and though the J-coppers speak little to no english, they all understand "Rodney King". Irritates the hell out of me to watch them chase these idiots, and do nothing time and time again, the drivers in the cop cars really handle the perp with kid gloves the whole time, and only making semi-passive-aggressive maneuvers in blocking him or cutting him off. You want to know what pissed me off the most? This is on the road leading up to my house, the exact route I take to go home from Yokohama station and when he's going through the gasoline station it was kind of weird cause I even fuel up there... Seriously, if you saw this idiot coming up on a one-way street...why not just stop the car and block him in? With that short of a run up, he could only get up to 30km/h if he's lucky before he hits you.....

Someone's gotta get some 'roo bars or ram plates and teach them the PIT.