Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Cold Weather Waterproof Gloves

  1. #1

    Default Cold Weather Waterproof Gloves

    Now that fall is upon us, my summer gloves aren't cutting it. That, and getting caught in the rain about a week ago sucked. Anyhow, I was looking around and tried on a few pairs of gloves at Rico Land and was somewhat impressed with Komine Tetoraone Gortex Insulated Gloves. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any recommendations on some insulated waterproof gloves? I wear a size medium in just about everything from the States if that helps. Thanks!

    Kris

  2. #2

    Default

    Icon Patrol Gloves and you can order through me with the big GR discount. Hands down one of the best gloves Icon has made. And I helped develop it before I left Icon earlier this year. The whole Patrol line is awesome!
    http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...=3433&id=12290

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kemigawa, Chiba-Shi
    Posts
    926

    Default

    They look nice!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Shonan
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    Icon Patrol Gloves and you can order through me with the big GR discount. Hands down one of the best gloves Icon has made. And I helped develop it before I left Icon earlier this year. The whole Patrol line is awesome!
    http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...=3433&id=12290
    I'm in the market for a pair of gloves. Those look nice. I didn't see anything about sizes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kanagawa
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Yes, they look really nice and I'm looking for a pair too.
    Last edited by ManyBu; 26-10-10 at 10:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Seto, Aichi
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    I've just ordered winter gloves, Komine GK-740 GTX W-Gloves CRONO. Most of my gear is Komine. They make quality gear for sure, and it can be bought reasonably on Rakuten. I didn't see the Tetoraone gloves in Ricoland when I went up to try on for size, but I did see the ones I just ordered off Rakuten, for around the same price as the Tetoraone. I've small hands and medium was tight and large was slightly loose. You can check them here:

    http://www.komine.ac/products.php?fu...&category_id=6

    And here:

    http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bigmart/komine-06-740/
    Last edited by Dualta; 26-10-10 at 07:50 PM. Reason: updated info


    Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

  7. #7

    Default

    So what is the damage on a set? How can payment be made? Interested myself.
    Also will need a new helmet for SLY next year, but need to check what certifications
    they require. Will probably buy the helmet next year.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kemigawa, Chiba-Shi
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    So what is the damage on a set? How can payment be made? Interested myself.
    Also will need a new helmet for SLY next year, but need to check what certifications
    they require. Will probably buy the helmet next year.
    Me too...My gloves have had it.

  9. #9

    Default

    On the right of the page there is a tab for part numbers. That is where the size and pricing is. For ALL GR members I offer big discounts in comparison to JP pricing. Basically it will be close to the US cost. And we can ship via Yamato COD for those interested. Or bank payment then ship. If your specific request is not in stock at our offices then it only takes about 1 week for me to get it from our US warehouses should it be in stock there.

    The Patrol line is very popular right now with the winter weather approaching.

    You can see our normal pricing for JP at afgmoto.com (And that's just Icon) keep in mind I offer almost everything from the huge Parts Unlimited catalogs.

  10. Default

    Oh forgot if anyone needs anything contact me directly at jfullington@afgmoto.com

  11. #11

    Default

    I've looked at the Patrol gloves and was interested in them as well. What type of insulation is used and how much is used? Is the glove made waterproof through Gore-Tex or some other type of waterproof fabric?

    Kris

  12. Default

    Similar to gore tex but better waterproof chassis, goatskin palm, reinforced knuckle, insulated with Thermolite, and has a hipora insert. Also a goggle/sheild wiper on the index finger...useful!
    Quote Originally Posted by mud390 View Post
    I've looked at the Patrol gloves and was interested in them as well. What type of insulation is used and how much is used? Is the glove made waterproof through Gore-Tex or some other type of waterproof fabric?

    Kris

  13. Default

    This is my current "in-house" stock. Let me know if you need a size reference.
    - SM (3)
    - MD (4)
    - LG (5)
    - XL (1)
    - 2XL (2)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Well, it is getting colder and I really needed a pair of waterproof extra warm gloves for riding at night. I was interested in getting the Komine tetraone gore-tex gloves but after trying them on, they just felt like there was too much padding on the palm and it was too hard to make a fist.

    I dropped into see the guys at AFGmoto in western Tokyo and tried the Icon Patrol Gloves. I rode home with them and had a longer ride today and they are perfect. They seem to have more of the insulation around areas that don't interfere with the controls and they feel like they have a lot more protection than my summer gloves. I haven't tried them out in the rain yet but as for warmth, my hands were nice and warm and I am confident that they will be ok on longer winter touring if used with a heated jacket.

    Tokyojrock gave me the very generous GR discount which means that they were around half the price as a similar glove in the shops. If anyone is still looking for warm gloves, I recommend shopping around to find one that fits perfectly and make sure you check out the Icon Patrol line. If I hadn't already bought most of my gear, it would have been tempting to get the whole Patrol range.
    Currently riding a CB400SS and Honda Dio.

  15. #15

    Default

    I'm also interested in this pair of gloves. But, I'm not sure if I should wear XL or XXL. In Japan I wear XXL, but back in the States I wear XL. Which one should I get?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mark

    2008 FLHR , Tokyo

  16. Default

    I'd go with the XL as they are US designed product. If your near your welcome to come fit them. Otherwise we can ship the XL to you and if you need to swap them just ensure they are un-used and all hang tags are kept. you can email me direct if you like. jfullington@afgmoto.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_Road_King View Post
    I'm also interested in this pair of gloves. But, I'm not sure if I should wear XL or XXL. In Japan I wear XXL, but back in the States I wear XL. Which one should I get?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mark

  17. Default

    Thanks for the review! And I'm sure that if you had the oportunity that the Patrol Jacket and pants (even boots) will follow suit. Although it isn't heated, like I was telling you my friend in North Dakota uses the Patrol gear for snow mobiling!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubon View Post
    Well, it is getting colder and I really needed a pair of waterproof extra warm gloves for riding at night. I was interested in getting the Komine tetraone gore-tex gloves but after trying them on, they just felt like there was too much padding on the palm and it was too hard to make a fist.

    I dropped into see the guys at AFGmoto in western Tokyo and tried the Icon Patrol Gloves. I rode home with them and had a longer ride today and they are perfect. They seem to have more of the insulation around areas that don't interfere with the controls and they feel like they have a lot more protection than my summer gloves. I haven't tried them out in the rain yet but as for warmth, my hands were nice and warm and I am confident that they will be ok on longer winter touring if used with a heated jacket.

    Tokyojrock gave me the very generous GR discount which means that they were around half the price as a similar glove in the shops. If anyone is still looking for warm gloves, I recommend shopping around to find one that fits perfectly and make sure you check out the Icon Patrol line. If I hadn't already bought most of my gear, it would have been tempting to get the whole Patrol range.

  18. Default

    FYI our last remaining stock on these is 1 SM, 2MD, 2LG, 2XXL That's of tonights closing FD stock. The US warehouse inventories have been depleted. The next "in-stock" date is unknown at this time. To date this has been Icon's best and fastest selling glove. This is all we have left! Of course GR members get a substantial discount! We do have the Patrol Jackets and Pants in stock in many colors and sizes. And the Patrol boots.
    http://www.iconmotosports.net/patrol/

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kansai
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    FYI our last remaining stock on these is 1 SM, 2MD, 2LG, 2XXL
    http://www.iconmotosports.net/patrol/

    PM sent.

  20. #20

    Default

    I stopped in at AFG about a week ago to take a look at these gloves. Nice bikes out front by the way! I wear a medium in everything and they fit perfect. Nice and warm in the shop. Lining was soft and felt very fleece like. They are bulkier than my summer gloves, but that was expected. They aren't so bulky that they completely remove all feeling from my fingers though. I bought them on the spot, and rode around for about 2 hours in 45-ish (Fahrenheit) on my Bandit. Hands stayed nice and warm. I couldn't feel the wind at all. I only have two nit picks with the gloves. First, the thumbs seems a little long, but I'll chalk that up to the extra insulation. It's nothing that I can't live with. My other gripe is the seams on the liner are right under the pads on my index, middle, and ring finger on both hands. I only feel them when I apply pressure with my finger tips. It's not painful, just annoying. These two minor gripes aren't enough to keep me from wearing these gloves. Not by a long shot. I'd recommend them to anyone!

    Kris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •