Thread: Mid Year Model Launch

Default Mid Year Model Launch

The Harley MoCo has posted up on their website pics of it's mid year launch. Looks like all they did was add a few new models to the Dark Custom Line, of which I particularly like the new Softail "Blackline"

Quite like the Blackline - its a very obvious starter bike for customising. I think they are due to do something a bit more radical I hope.

The HD website looks to be down right now. Although the FB Lo is not on their Dark Custom list, I hope mine qualifies now......

That Blackline looks sweet, nice lines...

Quote Originally Posted by chozzer View Post
    Quite like the Blackline - its a very obvious starter bike for customising. I think they are due to do something a bit more radical I hope.

The HD website looks to be down right now. Although the FB Lo is not on their Dark Custom list, I hope mine qualifies now......
    They tried something similar when they introduced the Bad Boy Springer back in the Mid '90's. It didn't seem to do as well as the latest attempt which seems to be taking on a life of it's own including within their clothing line. They are obviously on to something and I think part of it has to do with their customer demographic not wanting to spend time polishing chrome when they could be out riding instead.

That was what drove me away from the shiny stuff on my '99 Dyna and is why my RK is starting to look more like your FB Lo

I do intend to keep the engine components chromed for some contrast but little by little I'm descoping the other miscellaneous parts in favor of low maintenance high durability powder coat.

So you won't need to search...

I'd like it better if it weren't so shiny, but it looks OK. Seat might be too low for an adult, but that shouldn't bother me.
    Don't Panic