Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omg burger

Default Omg burger

I was looking for good burgers on the internet and I found this shop.

Have you guys been there? Is it any good?

http://www.omgburgers.com/

I tried SASEBO burger and it was pretty good.

Any other places you recommend????

2008 FLHR , Tokyo

The BEST burger I've had in Japan was down in Shimoda back in early December at a place called the Bronx Bar. It was within walking distance from The Ernest House.

I've seen ads for the omgburger, but don;t know of anyone personally who has been there.

Dana (craving a spicy Mossburger w/ cheese!)
    A man will marry a woman hoping she never changes but a woman will marry a man hoping he will change. Author Unknown

2010 Yamaha WR250X
    2008 CBR1000RR Race Bike (For Sale)
    2004 Multistrada 1000DS (For Sale)

I had the Bronx burger in January. Not bad, but suffers from the same flaw as South Cafe's burgers. The patty is prepared like meat loaf rather than 100% beef so it lacks that burger taste that we Westerners love. I like Kua Aina best, and Gusto has a pretty damn good cheeseburger called the King Burger (pictured below) for just 600 yen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The BEST burger I've had in Japan was down in Shimoda back in early December at a place called the Bronx Bar. It was within walking distance from The Ernest House.

I've seen ads for the omgburger, but don;t know of anyone personally who has been there.

Dana (craving a spicy Mossburger w/ cheese!)
    That's probably because anyone who ate a burger that size had a massive heart attack before they could tell anyone about how nice the monster burger was Need to check this place out.

TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Since it seems like Sun is the only day when there's no rain or snow in the weather forecast, and given that there aren't any nice places to ride I recon I might head up to OMGBurgers.

Could use some help eating a monster like that, or I'll have a massive coronary before I can get back to the bike
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Since it seems like Sun is the only day when there's no rain or snow in the weather forecast, and given that there aren't any nice places to ride I recon I might head up to OMGBurgers.

Could use some help eating a monster like that, or I'll have a massive coronary before I can get back to the bike
    I'd be up for that.

I went to Sasebo once and really didn't like it. A bit dry, ho-hum, and beers were tiny and expensive. Always enjoyed the Village Vanguard Diner burgers: thick and juicy, real meat patties... Guinness on tap. Life is good at the VVD :D I'm hoping to do a road trip to the Village Vanguard Diner in Asagaya around spring time, I miss it that much!

i love the gusto king burger but sadly the gusto king burger hasnt been on the menu around here for awhile it has been replaced by a meatloaf/hamburg version with crappy melted cheese in the middle.

i read an article about various good burger shops in tokyo awhile back and there are supposed to be some good ones.

good burger joints really seem to be springing up like mushrooms down kansai way. there is awajishima burger in nishinomiya, the burger pit in kobe-rokko, and T's star diner in my town.

mmm, burgers!

The gf and I had lunch at village vanguard diner that week, was sooo good. We ate in Lake town but there are many.

http://www.village-v.co.jp/diner/

Village Vanguard Diner is the Truth.

And Guinness on tap. :D

If you are in Tokyo and in NihonBashi/Ningyocho area then you could try the Brozer's burger ...
    http://brozers.co.jp/

not the size but the taste ... but I wanna try that OMG burger badly. maybe I should order and ask them to Takyubin it to me :)

The OMGburger is better than the WTFburger. Probably also the LOLburger.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Village Vanguard Diner is the Truth.

And Guinness on tap. :D
    I live walking distance from the Setagaya Village Vanguard. They do make impressive burgers and they have a wide selection of beers. Thumbs up.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

So...................., is there an OMG Burger Ride in this thread being formulated? I'm down for it. FWITW, KUA AINA Burgers Rock

Quote Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
    i love the gusto king burger but sadly the gusto king burger hasnt been on the menu around here for awhile it has been replaced by a meatloaf/hamburg version with crappy melted cheese in the middle.!
    The King Burger is still listed on Gusto's website menu, maybe not all the stores carry it...
    http://www.skylark.co.jp/gusto/menu/...83%B3%E3%83%81

Oatman Diner in Kawagoe, Saitama, is one of my favorites:

http://www.oatman-diner.com/

Village Vanguard might top it. Giant novelty burgers are always a fail, but it's funny to see. Konishiki's Hawaiian restaurant in Tokyo Dome had one, though you don't get it free if you finish.
    '12-'xx - KTM 690smc (stolen) / 990SM-T
    '07-'12 - Honda CB400 / CB1000
    '01-'06 - Yamaha V-Star 650 / 1250

Eat Ramen! www.ramenadventures.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    The King Burger is still listed on Gusto's website menu, maybe not all the stores carry it...

they have been changing the burgers from time to time. hopefully the king burger is back as it is definitely my favorite japan wide chain burger and a kansai riders favorite for the day after a camp hangover lunch!

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Created specially for the Super Bowl, the Sloppy Big Ben Roethlisburger, 50lbs, 138,000 calories mega-burger!!!
    http://getinmahbelly.com/2011/02/02/...alorie-burger/
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then give up. There's no use in being a damn fool about it."
    W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    You ain't seen nothin' yet. Created specially for the Super Bowl, the Sloppy Big Ben Roethlisburger, 50lbs, 138,000 calories mega-burger!!!
    Brilliant! We need to show this vid to the OMG owner.

[QUOTE=Twinrider;79121]Brilliant! We need to show this vid to the OMG owner.

[/

Thats some funny stuff man!!! but its a little too big for me