Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XR1200x - Javs stable

Default XR1200x - Javs stable

Added an XR1200x to the stable this last weekend. Took it for its maiden ride on
    Saturday and was interesting to note the difference between new and 400kms
    later. The engine definitely freed up and revved easier and felt a tad more powerful.

The brakes on the XR are excellent. The suspension is fully adjustable and also well
    good enough for Japanese roads. The engine is strangled with emission gear and
    an insane flapper that should be called a slapper as it makes so much noise. Overall
    the XR is a really enjoyable bike to ride, that can go around corners as fast as any
    sane person would want to. I plan to add and ECU and Termignoni pipe so that should
    free up some power and some of that awesome Harley sound.

Later on I will add a bikini fairing and clip on's to give it a more cafe racer look.

Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I like that harley mate. I can't wait for the finished product.
    "He who conquers himself, conquers all"

Nice

Sounds like your experiencing the same anamoly as I did with the now infamous "FLAPPER" No worries, the Thundermax will resolve that.

Also, if the stock map on the T-MAX doesn't suit, I have a Dyno Developed Map I got from a member of the XR Forum. Made a small difference in the lower RPM range.

Thanx guys.

Frank, was the map you have for a Termi exhaust?
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Thanx guys.

Frank, was the map you have for a Termi exhaust?
    To be honest I never asked the guy who provided it but it seems to be working better with my Termi than it did with the V&H. The issue I was having after I put the V&H on along with the T-MAX was slight pinging when rolling hard on the throttle below 3,000 RPM. When I posted this symptom to the FORUM, along with my setup, the member who provided it said he had the same issue and had the cusom map developed to eliminate it.

In your case I would ride the bike for at least 100 - 200 KM's with the base map and see how it performs. It may work well with your 2 into 1 System. If not your welcome to try the map. Worse case is you don't like it and set the default back to the T-MAX. I can't remember if you mentioned getting the open intake element as well? That would certainly account for a difference in how each set up will run.

so why this over a buell?
    just wondering

It is definitely one cool bike, can't wait to see it in action after the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonofdoom View Post
    so why this over a buell?
    just wondering
    Looks, looks and looks for a start.

And it's made by a company still in business, is new with a three year warranty, has top shelf components and being a harley endless customization options.

well, its kinda like putting rearsets on a Vrod ya know?

like dressing a girl as a boy type shit i guess?

Its more of a, why buy a repurposed sportster vs a vtwin sportbike? thats all (as for looks, not a fan honestly) looks kinda goofy imo.

Its a spiffy bike, and ive heard nothing but good things about them, just never met anyone that has one to ask

Its more of a, why buy a repurposed sportster vs a vtwin sportbike? thats all (as for looks, not a fan honestly) looks kinda goofy imo.

Its a spiffy bike, and ive heard nothing but good things about them, just never met anyone that has one to ask
    Hey now, be carefull what ya say. These bikes are starting to catch on with members of this forum

No, not like that. The bike goes around corners and brakes extremely well. The V-Twin has pretty much instant torque.
    So you can motor without red banding the engine. I did consider the Buell, but aside from the awesome handling, I sort
    of grew to dislike hiding the engine behind the huge frame. Plus i wanted old style looks, and with some tweaks it will look
    like it could have been built in the 70`s but have no problem keeping up with most bikes in the twisties.

It's the only good looking Harley there is. All the rest of them are just heavily lubed cocks.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

13. Default

Haven't laughed in a while! Thanks Dualta...although I don't agree it was a good laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    It's the only good looking Harley there is. All the rest of them are just heavily lubed cocks.

sounds good.
    when i wanted a bike like that i opted for a 2000ish tube frame buell. the new ones arent near as nice as the old ones.
    But since buell is gone, this isnt a bad option. i just gotta get used to it i guess. just kinda odd looking at first ya know?

15. Default

Buell def not gone! EBR is producing some super nice machines now and they will be available for street use. Just not anymore harley parts....

But since buell is gone, this isnt a bad option. i just gotta get used to it i guess. just kinda odd looking at first ya know?
    Agree. Originally i was looking at a Buell or Sportster with lots of improvements. Swang more to the Sportster, but then worked out
    most of the mods I wanted to do and turns out they are done on the XR. So it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    Buell def not gone! EBR is producing some super nice machines now and they will be available for street use. Just not anymore harley parts....
    only reason i bought a buell....love the sound of a harley engine. close second is a ducati

thats a nice bike you have there Jav!

Nice bike! It's the only Harley I'd consider as well.
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458