Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XR1200x - Javs stable

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Lookin' good Jav.

You know, Ohlins makes black forks, too, if you want to keep the black color scheme intact. There are also places in Japan that will anodize and coat the gold fork bits to make them black.

Or, you could just keep them gold to show off the fact that you're packing Ohlins!
    Gold on Black is the look i want. Something like this....
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

That looks sweet. That muffler setup looks hot (in more ways than one)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Dris replied pretty quickly and then Martin provided a quote. They offered a discount so i decided to order, but now
    like you, no reply................
    Funny, I finally got a reply from Dris today. No offer of a discount and and they want 415 Euro to ship. By the time it's all said and done I can almost be in to a set of the BST Carbon Fiber wheels which (from what I've been told) are on the shelf.

Hmmmmmmm..........need to mull this a bit as I've recently been considering a change of bikes

Quote Originally Posted by rdkng103 View Post
    Funny, I finally got a reply from Dris today. No offer of a discount and and they want 415 Euro to ship. By the time it's all said and done I can almost be in to a set of the BST Carbon Fiber wheels which (from what I've been told) are on the shelf.

Hmmmmmmm..........need to mull this a bit as I've recently been considering a change of bikes
    Martin offered 178.50 Euro discount and 140 (TNT) shipping. If you want i can ask him if he can do the offer on a second set.
    Gold is an extra 80 Euro. Wheels are supposed to be bolt in, using all existing hardware.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I've recently been considering a change of bikes
    Fertile material for a new thread, you could even set up a pol lol..
    Last edited by Twinrider; 14-06-11 at 05:41 PM.

Gold on Black is the look i want. Something like this....
    Damn, that's purty.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

and 140 (TNT) shipping.
    Is that 140 total for shipping or a 140 discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    Fertile material for a new thread, you could even set up a pol lol..
    pol?

Is that 140 total for shipping or a 140 discount?
    178.50 is the discount
    140 is shipping via TNT or EMS. I am checking now to make sure it is insured, but I am pretty sure EMS offers
    insured shipping. They quoted me 366 Euro for DHL but i said their wheels are already 40% more expensive than
    the Harris unit.

Actually, the Harris units only have issues with bolt sizes for the rotor/carriers. It is almost cheaper to buy the
    Harris ( same wheel only not specific to the XR ) and buy some aftermarket rotor/carriers. Motorcyclemetal said
    he can rework the stock carriers and rear rotor for $78 per hour. He said an hour or two.

pol?
    Where the heck did that last L go??

Where the heck did that last L go??
    Hmmmm GS?

Mind you only if they bring the Pikes Peak to Japan.... ; )
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

Maybe hold off until my wheels and suspension come in and check my bike to see if the mods are worth it.
    I checked local prices on these parts and i can sell them for what i paid, so see this as little risk. If I don`t like
    the results i may change bikes, but i suspect this should do the trick.

Maybe hold off until my wheels and suspension come in and check my bike to see if the mods are worth it.
    I checked local prices on these parts and i can sell them for what i paid, so see this as little risk. If I don`t like
    the results i may change bikes, but i suspect this should do the trick.
    Thnx Jav, think I'll do just that. The fact that they quoted me shipping almost three times what they gave you has got me not even wanting to talk to them anymore but I guess they have to eat to. I'm still going to call Brock Performance and see if they do in fact have the BST Wheels in stock.

Thnx Jav, think I'll do just that. The fact that they quoted me shipping almost three times what they gave you has got me not even wanting to talk to them anymore but I guess they have to eat to. I'm still going to call Brock Performance and see if they do in fact have the BST Wheels in stock.
    They later quoted me 366 or such, saying that EMS has only 500 euro insurance per package. So not enough.
    I think things are just more expensive in Europe. Marcheini have AL wheels as well. I was quoted US$2500
    by a US shop, but they said they have a 10% military discount and can ship to APO. That might be a good option.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a set of wheels today. Finally worked out a deal with Dris at Twin Motorcycle. I'm having him ship the wheels to my freight forwarding address in CA. By doing that he was able to get the shipping down to 150 Euro. It should only cost about another $50 U$D to have them shipped to my FPO from there.

Any suggestions on tires

Well, I pulled the trigger on a set of wheels today. Finally worked out a deal with Dris at Twin Motorcycle. I'm having him ship the wheels to my freight forwarding address in CA. By doing that he was able to get the shipping down to 150 Euro. It should only cost about another $50 U$D to have them shipped to my FPO from there.

Any suggestions on tires
    Michelin Pilot Road 2s handle great and with their dual compound last a long time without squaring off. You've seen JamesK on them...

Which wheels did you go with?

Since the xr is the fun bike and not your commuter/slab bike you should go sticky on the rubber.

Pirrelli Super Corsa
    Michelin Power Pure
    Bridgestone 016/003
    Metzler K3

Lots of choices for sticky rubber!!! But go pirrelli!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Which wheels did you go with?
    Same as Jav. Made by a company called PVM and distributed by Twin Motorcycles in the Netherlands. Total weight savings over stock wheels is a claimed 7.7 kgs.

Same as Jav. Made by a company called PVM and distributed by Twin Motorcycles in the Netherlands. Total weight savings over stock wheels is a claimed 7.7 kgs.
    That's huge for unsprung weight,

I`m going with the Pirelli`s. Mainly because as Loco points out, it is not my commuter and will be used
    mainly for fun.