Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: XR1200x - Javs stable

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Yes, going for a similar setup. Trent is a trentsetter..............
    My set are still in my storage shed in Shinagawa... They could light up the night for sure, and crashed well.... :)
    Looking good John......
    The first thing men notice about a woman is her eyes. Then, when her eyes aren't looking, they notice her breasts.
    -- Conan OBrien

Some update photo`s. Will be ready to roll next week.

Yes, the compartment under the tail is open ( wiring at the moment ).

What it used to look like for reference ( some may prefer the original and that is fine ).

Multi front fender installed. Fabbed some brackets for the Ohlins RT. Might rework them
    as the fender is so long it vibrates a bit. But the fender does look good in place and the
    extra length will keep the engine clean.

Almost ready for 2013 Twisty Butt`s
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Looking bloody awesome.
    "He who conquers himself, conquers all"

That's the finest looking Harley I've ever seen Jav. No kidding. It's got class.

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

Default XR1200x - Javs stable

Looks really really good. Agree you should work out how to make the front mudguard stiffer - that engine will become a dirt magnet.

How's the riding position - are footrests stock? I like the idea of sporty without my ankles above my knees...

It's very close to how I would build one.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

Awesome!

Glad to see it's nearly done, sure to get lots of looks. Weather's looking good Sunday, how about taking her out for a spin?

Looks sweet. Aside from the performance-related mods, I like how you were consistent with the black-and-gold color scheme.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Thanks your for the comments/compliments.

Chozzer, worked out the fender. The brake lines cross over the back of the fender through
    a plastic clip. This stabilizes the rear of the fender ( fender and lines are un-sprung so move
    together ). Also fixes an issue i was concerned about, where under heavy braking the lines
    might hit the frame. Rear-sets are standard. Only plan in to fit an aftermarket gear shifter.
    The rear-sets in their current position are very comfortable for me.

Jim, have some time in the snow planned with the family, this weekend. Besides, will
    not be finished ( wiring ) until next week. So will be up for a ride next weekend.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Impressive. Hope it rides as good as it looks.

Crikey! That's how it's done. Looking forward to seeing it in action soon.

What's happening with the headlight?
    IBA33490

Touge Express

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    What's happening with the headlight?
    Dual H4`s 4 inch. Will post a pic later.

Sold the XR1200X to a Japanese guy. He has since injured his back and is looking for a smaller/lighter bike.
    Offered me the XR1200X back in a bike exchange. Very happy to make the deal so the XR1200X might
    be back home soon. If she comes back, will probably take off the clip-ons and fit tracker or zero drag bars.

Flat track time!

Such a nice bike. Not the biggest fan of Harleys but I would buy that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!