Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome biker protest in France

Default Awesome biker protest in France

IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I hope they get that guy out of office.. what a fucking douche!

Should do the same thing here!
    Trendsetter. Luddite.

Well, that was awesome. Well done the French Bikers. Respect!!

Respect.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Like!

A big up to the protesters.

The French take no prisoners when they protest. They're the best at it in Europe. An American woman living in France, in the movie Sicko, said that in the USA the people are scared of the government, whilst in France the government is scared of the people. That's probably true in many European countries where unions still are well organised on the ground, but the French take serious pride in their Social Contract. French farmers are madmen when it comes to protesting, taking hundreds of tractors onto the motorways and blocking ports and the likes. A fine body of men!

Vive la France!

Yamaha Vino 50cc (Sold), Honda Transalp 400V (Sold), Honda CB400 Super Bol D'or (Sold), Yamaha Serow XT225WE (Sold), 2005 Beta Rev 3 (Current) 2015 Yamaha Serow XT250 (Current)

lets do it here! find a reason and lets organize a huge ride! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    An American woman living in France, in the movie Sicko, said that in the USA the people are scared of the government, whilst in France the government is scared of the people.
    Having the government be afraid of the people, instead of the people being afraid of the government, is pretty much the guiding ethos of America's Tea Partiers. Glad to see you're coming around to a conservative mindset. They say it happens as you get older...

Quote Originally Posted by Dualta View Post
    French farmers are madmen when it comes to protesting, taking hundreds of tractors onto the motorways and blocking ports and the likes. A fine body of men!
    The distinction you miss is that the French farmers on their tractors are demanding that the government give them things, while the French bikers are demanding that the government leave them alone.

Americans don't have much patience with people who whine for government favors and handouts, no matter how big a show they make of doing it. But we have a soft spot in our hearts for people who stand up and tell the government to get off their backs and take a hike. Fought a war over it, even. Which, according to my scale of protest intensity, beats puttering around on a bunch of tractors.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    lets do it here! find a reason and lets organize a huge ride! lol
    How about that we should be able to park bikes on the street like we used to?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Having the government be afraid of the people, instead of the people being afraid of the government, is pretty much the guiding ethos of America's Tea Partiers. Glad to see you're coming around to a conservative mindset. They say it happens as you get older...
    Wait, so you're saying that by becoming more like the French, we're coming around to a more conservative mindset?! Really? So when can I expect the Republicans and Tea... Partiers to start introducing legislation for single-payer healthcare and free daycare services?

Also, a lot of conservatives in America seem to rely on the notion that the government should fear us because we're an armed populace (2nd Amendment y'all!!! Woo!!!) But if the French are getting more done with tractors than we are with guns, what does that say about us?

All that aside: good on the French motorcycle community!

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
    Wait, so you're saying that by becoming more like the French, we're coming around to a more conservative mindset?! Really? So when can I expect the Republicans and Tea... Partiers to start introducing legislation for single-payer healthcare and free daycare services?
    Nope. Maybe protesting makes you more like "the French" in the superficial sense that you both protest a lot, but the key question is, are you a French farmer or a French biker?

In other words, are you demanding the government give you stuff, or demanding the government leave you alone?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Nope. Merely protesting does not make you more like the French. You too have missed the distinction between demanding the government give you stuff, and demanding the government leave you alone.
    I have not missed that distinction at all. However, you quoted someone as saying that in France, the government is afraid of the people, and that since that's what the Tea Partiers are striving towards, ergo Dualta must be coming around to a more conservative mindset. I merely wanted to point out the absurdity of arguing that someone is becoming more conservative because they like a political idea in France (whose two party system seems to consist of liberal and super-liberal).

In other words, are you demanding the government give you stuff, or demanding the government leave you alone?
    Awesome!
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

I have not missed that distinction at all. However, you quoted someone as saying that in France, the government is afraid of the people, and that since that's what the Tea Partiers are striving towards, .
    Since when? From all i have read and heard about the Tea Partier's, they want smaller government and less involvement by the government in our day to day lives. If that
    makes the government afraid, then that is a consequence, not an objective.

I have not missed that distinction at all. However, you quoted someone as saying that in France, the government is afraid of the people, and that since that's what the Tea Partiers are striving towards, ergo Dualta must be coming around to a more conservative mindset. I merely wanted to point out the absurdity of arguing that someone is becoming more conservative because they like a political idea in France (whose two party system seems to consist of liberal and super-liberal).
    Argh, I hate when someone quotes a post I haven't finished editing!

Anyway, what's really absurd is the idea that a government can be afraid of people dependent on it to grant them so much of what they need in life. As Gerald Ford said, "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

For example, Sarkozy's pension reform became law despite a couple of weeks of whiny-baby protests and strikes by the usual suspects:

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-10/w...ge?_s=PM:WORLD

I guess he wasn't as scared of the people as people thought.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Interesting distinction Guy nice one ...

I think, and if it were really possible to get the Natives here to actually stand up for themselves, staging a massive protest about not being able to park bikes freely (within "sociable" reason) around the streets of Tokyo is definitely a worthy cause IMHO. There is just not enough Gaijin to make this kind of protest work.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin

I think the Govt should be scared of the people, that's about the only way the people can expect it to do anything resembling the right thing.
    TBA 904, IBA 27221

FJR1300A

"Dirty bikes are like dirty girls......they are the most fun and have the best stories"
    ”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves, nor shall receive either” - Benjamin Franklin