Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Stalling and Shinagawa shakenjo

Default Monster Stalling and Shinagawa shakenjo

Hey guys,

two questions:

1. My Ducati Monster 400 almost stalls recently when in neutral/standing at lights. The headlight goes faint but picks up eventually. Never actually stalled but I think it's a matter of time. I have Ducati stores near me, if you think it's something I can do myself, I can get parts from them.

2. What's the easiest way to contact Shinagawa/Samezu and book a time for the shakenjo? Is there a website to do it online? Will the above mentioned stalling be a problem? (It doesn't happen always).

Thanks for your help,

m

There is a reservation page here. It says it is not for kei cars, but I can find nothing about it not being for bikes. Can't specifically find anything that says it is for bikes either.

The website for that particular shakenjo is here. Phone number is: 03-3458-9236

Check the batter voltage when the bike is turned off. Note it down.
    Then check the voltage when the bike is running. That info should
    tell us if it is electrical.

Does the bike have fuel injection or carb?

I think thebob is an expert on that model so maybe he can pipe in.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

After checking what i.e. stands for on the M400ie, it is fuel injected. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Check the batter voltage when the bike is turned off. Note it down.
    Then check the voltage when the bike is running. That info should
    tell us if it is electrical.

Does the bike have fuel injection or carb?

I think thebob is an expert on that model so maybe he can pipe in.

Thanks Mike, I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
    There is a reservation page here. It says it is not for kei cars, but I can find nothing about it not being for bikes. Can't specifically find anything that says it is for bikes either.

I dont know much about the ie models but it sounds like the idle is too low.

I'd begin by cleaning the air filter, if you don't have an airline to blow it through use a vacuum cleaner to suck the dust off!

There should be an idle adjusting screw somewhere, but I can't recall looking at that model.

It might just be that it's so hot these days!

This might help

http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...ment-done.html

Thanks thebob,

looks like a small screw adjustment should do the job, however, the final comment on this post advises against that.

(http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...dle-speed.html)

I'll def clean my air filter though...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebob View Post
    I dont know much about the ie models but it sounds like the idle is too low.

I'd begin by cleaning the air filter, if you don't have an airline to blow it through use a vacuum cleaner to suck the dust off!

There should be an idle adjusting screw somewhere, but I can't recall looking at that model.

It might just be that it's so hot these days!

This might help

http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...ment-done.html

I found on that website that i need to bring the following:
    1. 自動車検査証 Insurance
    2. 自動車税納税証明書 じどうしゃぜいのうぜいしょうめいしょTax payment slip
    3. 点検整備記録簿 - てんけんせいびきろくぼInspection and Maintenance records
    4. 自賠責保険(共済)証明書  しばいせきほけん(きょうさい)しょうめいしょ Automobile Liability Insurance
    5. 自動車重量税納付書・印紙 じどうしゃじゅうりょうぜいのうふしょ・いんし Automobile weight tax payment
    6. 継続検査申請書  けいぞくけんさしんせいしょ- Application for continued examination
    7. 自動車検査票・手数料納付書・印紙・証紙 じどうしゃけんさひょうてすうりょうのうふしょ・いんし・しょうし- Certificate for vehicle inspection fees paid
    Do I really need the maintenance and inspection (no. 3)? I also presume the vehicle inspection fees are paid locally?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post

Quote Originally Posted by musicmathew View Post
    I found on that website that i need to bring the following:
    1. 自動車検査証 Insurance
    2. 自動車税納税証明書 じどうしゃぜいのうぜいしょうめいしょTax payment slip
    3. 点検整備記録簿 - てんけんせいびきろくぼInspection and Maintenance records
    4. 自賠責保険(共済)証明書  しばいせきほけん(きょうさい)しょうめいしょ Automobile Liability Insurance
    5. 自動車重量税納付書・印紙 じどうしゃじゅうりょうぜいのうふしょ・いんし Automobile weight tax payment
    6. 継続検査申請書  けいぞくけんさしんせいしょ- Application for continued examination
    7. 自動車検査票・手数料納付書・印紙・証紙 じどうしゃけんさひょうてすうりょうのうふしょ・いんし・しょうし- Certificate for vehicle inspection fees paid
    Do I really need the maintenance and inspection (no. 3)? I also presume the vehicle inspection fees are paid locally?
    No. No 3 is not required.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

The slow idle will help you get through the emissions test, I would "tweak" those 2 screws to get it running cleaner!

I don't think a small adjustment will hurt it.

I tried to adjust it, however, no success. I also cleaned the airfilter that seemed in good condition.

Today the bike actually stalled 2x, notably on a downhill slop in neutral.

Any advice is appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by thebob View Post
    The slow idle will help you get through the emissions test, I would "tweak" those 2 screws to get it running cleaner!

I don't think a small adjustment will hurt it.

Check the alternator, check the regulator rectifier, check the coils ... check the wiring. I'd start with the cut-off switch though - I'm guessing there's a side-stand cut-off switch?

The bike can stall because of the side-stand cut off switch? I believe there is a switch but what shall I check?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post
    Check the alternator, check the regulator rectifier, check the coils ... check the wiring. I'd start with the cut-off switch though - I'm guessing there's a side-stand cut-off switch?

Quote Originally Posted by musicmathew View Post
    The bike can stall because of the side-stand cut off switch? I believe there is a switch but what shall I check?
    The side-stand switch is a common issue with Kawasaki's and ZZR's in general. Most faults occur when the switch has an intermittent connection or doesn't depress fully. The quick fix is to spray WD-40 and lubricate the switch liberally so no water or crap can get in there. Also check the engine-kill switch on the handlebar. The side-stand switch does not usually cause a stall, but kills the engine outright, or prevents starting.

I would check the fuel filter, fuel pump and the assorted electrical connections to these devices....good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

15. Default

When it cones to Duc's my only response is take it to Motto Stretta!!

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    When it cones to Duc's my only response is take it to Motto Stretta!!
    And btw without me actually seeing the bike it's just guessing but it seriously sounds like your injectors or even just simply the plugs! Your welcome to come by or hit up Stretta!!

HEading to Samezu today to do my own 'user shaken'. Wish me luck!
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458

obtw, the reservation system for user shaken is now all online (and only in Japanese.) That said, it's really nice to use- you can modify your reservation easily.
    KTM 690 E; DoD#1458

Quote Originally Posted by gkanai View Post
    HEading to Samezu today to do my own 'user shaken'. Wish me luck!
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gkanai View Post
    obtw, the reservation system for user shaken is now all online (and only in Japanese.) That said, it's really nice to use- you can modify your reservation easily.
    My office is just up the road in Shinagawa - anyone doing shaken in Samezu is always welcome to spin by afterwards for a cup of java.