Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosting & Domain costs

Default Hosting & Domain costs

Hosting for the forum is due ($96). More often than not, I pay the cost ( plus the domain name cost $9 or so ), however
    there have been exceptions where one member contributed most if not all the annual cost but
    I would prefer if we all did a little than one person doing a lot. Would like to see if we can formalise
    it a bit better so JamesK looks after the funds and we as a forum raise the money between us, as an annual event or such.

Jason was looking at sticker options, but i caused a delay on that, forgot to reply to
    a PM. If we can get that going, then it might be possible that we can use sticker profit and maybe
    some new t-shirts to raise the funds.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

If nothing gets off the ground I would like to donate the 100$ this year.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We should be able to get something off the ground. So hold onto your money and many thanks for being prepared to do something.

Some people have contributed this year, so that should be deducted from any money we need to raise. If anyone has contributed this
    year, please pipe up and i will make a list so we know what we need to raise. Also, I want to be out of the money loop so will talk to
    JamesK about him looking after it.
    Apexmoto Inc - Dyno tuning, engine/chassis/suspension upgrades, repairs, shaken, tires & changing with balancing, graphics printing, stickers, media blasting, painting & powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    We should be able to get something off the ground. So hold onto your money and many thanks for being prepared to do something.
    Take Loco's money and put it in the bank for next year!
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post

Some people have contributed this year, so that should be deducted from any money we need to raise. If anyone has contributed this
    year, please pipe up and i will make a list so we know what we need to raise. Also, I want to be out of the money loop so will talk to
    JamesK about him looking after it.
    Not sure if anything was left over from the Mac Mini fund which was originally destined for the Orphanage, but may or may not have been all spent. If so JamesK kindly looked after that.
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

I'm always up for making a donation but I like the idea of raising site support funds via t-shirts and stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    I'm always up for making a donation but I like the idea of raising site support funds via t-shirts and stickers.
    Me too. I have a jeans jacket and I'd love to have a real big badass GR patch to go on the back panel. (Maybe a more elaborate design than just the basic diamond logo -- you know, like a traditional back-panel patch.) Can we see if there's any interest in that kind of patch? Whatever it costs to make, just charge a lot more and let the profits go to the site.

Of course, T-shirts, stickers, etc. are also good ideas, but we've already done them. Maybe new designs?
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinrider View Post
    t-shirts and stickers are great! I always get them...

How about a raffle? We could also do that to encourage the members to get the t-shirts? (could provide a watch for the raffle, but maybe bike related goods would be better)

We could also organize a Halloween event. We could bring the family and friends... Do some games to get prizes... Have a BBQ... Best costume prize, etc... etc... It would be lots of fun and I am sure we could raise enough money for at least a year.

2008 FLHR , Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    I have a jeans jacket and I'd love to have a real big badass GR patch to go on the back panel.
    I knew you wear the Canadian Tuxedo!!!!
    If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.

P.S.

This is retailiation for the the take Locos money comment!!!

Mad props, Loco. I know I've given you a lot of shit in the past, but now I have to give you credit when it's due. That is a really generous and selfless offer on your part.

Seriously, just think about it... you'll have to blow 50 extra dudes to raise that much cash!

BA-ZING! GOLDEN WEEK IS BACK, BIATCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Week View Post
    Mad props, Loco. I know I've given you a lot of shit in the past, but now I have to give you credit when it's due. That is a really generous and selfless offer on your part.

Seriously, just think about it... you'll have to blow 50 extra dudes to raise that much cash!
    Hahaha... COUNT IT!

Well, I don't mind donating money for the Forum, but there are a few options so far...

LET'S VOTE... (put an "X" next to ur choice, copy and paste it)

a) Every member donates a little:

b) T-shirts and stickers:

c) a RAFFLE :

d) Halloween event: X

ps. Take loco's 100 bucks... I will also give 100 bucks to put the money where the mouth is and start this halloween thing.

2008 FLHR , Tokyo

b) T-shirts and stickers:

c) a RAFFLE :X

Quote Originally Posted by tokyojrock View Post
    I am going over to Keisho next week to eat the owners ass!

b) T-shirts and stickers:X

e) Big-ass back panel patch: X
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

Me too. I have a jeans jacket and I'd love to have a real big badass GR patch to go on the back panel. (Maybe a more elaborate design than just the basic diamond logo -- you know, like a traditional back-panel patch.) Can we see if there's any interest in that kind of patch? Whatever it costs to make, just charge a lot more and let the profits go to the site.
    I'm not convinced about a back patch - that makes us look like an "MC", when I thought GR was a riding/social club.

I am not sure what the deal is in Japan, but in the US and UK making up a back patch and starting what looks like an MC club is poor form without consulting with the local MC's first. Theres a ton of stuff online about this that I won't repost here.
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

c) a RAFFLE :XX

e) Big-ass back panel patch: X

2008 FLHR , Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by chozzer View Post
    I'm not convinced about a back patch - that makes us look like an "MC", when I thought GR was a riding/social club.

I am not sure what the deal is in Japan, but in the US and UK making up a back patch and starting what looks like an MC club is poor form without consulting with the local MC's first. Theres a ton of stuff online about this that I won't repost here.
    I don't think the MC scene is the same in Japan as it is in the US.

At any rate, not all back patches are "colors", and not all colors are outlaw colors. Here's Wikipedia on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_(motorcycling)

Many motorcyclist wearing colors are from "family oriented" motorcycling clubs chartered by the American Motorcyclist Association and wear one-piece patches to differentiate themselves from three piece patches of Outlaw bikers. These generally do not state a territorial location.[8] The motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson notably adopted the style in its branding and community-building effort, the Harley Owners Group.[9]
    So I don't think a one-piece patch on the back of your jacket is going to piss anyone off, especially not in Japan.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

a) Every member donates a little:X

Quote Originally Posted by chozzer View Post

You would be correct, and to a degree that holds true in Japan, though it's not likely to get you shot here - it will still earn you a lot of bad will from the actual MCs.

I don't think the MC scene is the same in Japan as it is in the US.

At any rate, not all back patches are "colors", and not all colors are outlaw colors. Here's Wikipedia on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_(motorcycling)

So I don't think a one-piece patch on the back of your jacket is going to piss anyone off, especially not in Japan.
    I don't believe I actually said that, and you also wrongly assumed I did not know the difference. I didn't say anything about 1% er clubs, which is a completely different ball game.

Maybe you're right, but I think you'd be advised to do just a bit more due diligence on the situation here before walking around with a big patch on your back.

I guess you could always quote the Wikipedia to a veteran MC'er who does take offence to the fact that your logo has some uncanny though accidental resemblance to his club's 20 year old design.