Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hosting & Domain costs

Quote Originally Posted by chozzer View Post
    I guess you could always quote the Wikipedia to a veteran MC'er who does take offence to the fact that your logo has some uncanny though accidental resemblance to his club's 20 year old design.
    Jeez... so just don't make it look like any of the big MC club's designs. You guys seem to think I'm proposing copying the Hells Angels or something. I just want a cool-looking Gaijin Riders patch. It can be a little more elaborate than just the diamond logo, but no flames or winged skulls or anything like that. Our design is more likely to get me hassled by Kushitani's legal department than by anyone from an MC.

Anyway, Maybe I would be more sensitive to the issue if I ever encountered MC members here, but I've been riding in Japan for 9 years and I haven't run into anybody wearing an MC-style jacket, let alone a whole group of them. (I'm not counting Harley-Davidson H.O.G. jackets, which I have seen here.) Not once. Not out on the road, not hanging around the service areas, not in restaurants or bars. I'm not saying they don't exist, but where are they?
    Last edited by Guy Jinbaiquerre; 23-08-11 at 04:54 PM.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

I like simplicity so I do not mind simply paying a cash amount.

...But as we are a web community maybe we need to consider virtual patches / stickers/ t-shirts...like how much does it cost for having a banner on yahoo japan, gaijinpot , japantoday, ... or some site like that...I have no clues...just crazy ideas

jr.
    /btw I hugely overpaid loco for some stuff recently so that 100 is actually mine

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre View Post
    Jeez... so just don't make it look like any of the big MC club's designs. You guys seem to think I'm proposing copying the Hells Angels or something. I just want a cool-looking Gaijin Riders patch. It can be a little more elaborate than just the diamond logo, but no flames or winged skulls or anything like that. Our design is more likely to get me hassled by Kushitani's legal department than by anyone from an MC.

Anyway, Maybe I would be more sensitive to the issue if I ever encountered MC members here, but I've been riding in Japan for 9 years and I haven't run into anybody wearing an MC-style jacket, let alone a whole group of them. (I'm not counting Harley-Davidson H.O.G. jackets, which I have seen here.) Not once. Not out on the road, not hanging around the service areas, not in restaurants or bars. I'm not saying they don't exist, but where are they?
    Yeah maybe avoid the winged skulls LOL.

I have seen dozens at Ebina (not H.O.G.). I've only seen Hells Angel once.
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Week View Post
    Mad props, Loco. I know I've given you a lot of shit in the past, but now I have to give you credit when it's due. That is a really generous and selfless offer on your part.

Seriously, just think about it... you'll have to blow 50 extra dudes to raise that much cash!

BA-ZING! GOLDEN WEEK IS BACK, BIATCH!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Week View Post
    Hahaha... COUNT IT!
    I'm in need of more t-shirts...otherwise I too would be happy to pay Loco $100 for various "acts".

Oh, and quoted this guys 'cause they owned Loco!

Dana
    A man will marry a woman hoping she never changes but a woman will marry a man hoping he will change. Author Unknown

2010 Yamaha WR250X
    2008 CBR1000RR Race Bike (For Sale)
    2004 Multistrada 1000DS (For Sale)

How about starting a thread in the classifieds where people can unload stuff that is worthless to them using a charitable auction base. We only $100 a year and some funny stuff could be auctioned cheaply. Like Dana & Loco's prenuptial agreement papers or when someone gets an incriminating or otherwise uncomfortable photo or story.
    Thinkin outa the box while keeping us laughing in our chairs may help.

Not a big fan of patches, since seeing the prototype

IBA33490

Touge Express

Quote Originally Posted by cmac View Post
    Not a big fan of patches, since seeing the prototype
    Well, if nothing else, that design is unlikely to provoke any fights.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja
    09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)

...Not a big fan of patches, since seeing the prototype

NOT want.
    A man will marry a woman hoping she never changes but a woman will marry a man hoping he will change. Author Unknown

2010 Yamaha WR250X

How about starting a thread in the classifieds where people can unload stuff that is worthless to them using a charitable auction base. We only $100 a year and some funny stuff could be auctioned cheaply. Like Dana & Loco's prenuptial agreement papers or when someone gets an incriminating or otherwise uncomfortable photo or story.
    Thinkin outa the box while keeping us laughing in our chairs may help...
    I have some bike related stuff I was pawing through I'm willing to throw up for auction. All going to support the forum. First item would be Phil's assless chaps he left in mah van one night.

Dana

*edit* After double checking, they're crotchless chaps in addition to assless.
    Last edited by Dana; 25-08-11 at 08:16 AM.

2010 Yamaha WR250X

Well, if nothing else, that design is unlikely to provoke any fights.
    Maybe some fighting to escape

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I have some bike related stuff I was pawing through I'm willing to throw up for auction. All going to support the forum. First item would be Phil's assless chaps he left in mah van one night.
    Did.. . .no no
    IBA33490

Touge Express

I think we need to make a "Hells Angels, Tokyo" back patch for Guy. Lets also have a "President" patch for the front.

We can run a book on how long it takes to be torn off his back. My bet is 10K yen, 8 days or less, but he has to wear it every evening for a week, in a biker hangout of our choosing.

Maybe some fighting to escape

Did.. . .no no
    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't heard the news."

I think we need to make a "Hells Angels, Tokyo" back patch for Guy. Lets also have a "President" patch for the front.

We can run a book on how long it takes to be torn off his back. My bet is 10K yen, 8 days or less, but he has to wear it every evening for a week, in a biker hangout of our choosing.
    When I get some cool GR back patches made, you can't have one.
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

When I get some cool GR back patches made, you can't have one.
    LOL!.

Maybe have a target as the central logo just to help people out.

On a serious note I have 3 iPods sat in a drawer for years (80GB Black Classic, yellow 5th generation 16GB Nano (2009), silver 4th generation 16GB silver Nano (2008)). Happy to donate as auction/raffle prizes. Or we can us these separately given its only $100 we need to raise.

LOL!.

Maybe have a target as the central logo just to help people out.

On a serious note I have 3 iPods sat in a drawer for years (80GB Black Classic, yellow 5th generation 16GB Nano (2009), silver 4th generation 16GB silver Nano (2008)). Happy to donate as auction/raffle prizes. Or we can us these separately given its only $100 we need to raise.
    We could gather at least 10 members interested in those ipods. each one pay 1,000 yen (or less if more people).
    We could draw 3 names... the first winner can choose the one they want... etc...
    I'd love to do that in a izakaya or a bar...
    I'm IN...

2008 FLHR , Tokyo

Cool. Now, how to maximize the income and minimize the disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_Road_King View Post
    We could gather at least 10 members interested in those ipods. each one pay 1,000 yen (or less if more people).
    We could draw 3 names... the first winner can choose the one they want... etc...
    That works! Whoever wants in is in and see how much or little it makes.
    A one coin buy in -¥500 - may encourage a lot more entrants too. Maybe a choice between 2 products a month with rolling auctions on goods donated.

I've got a Belkin wireless ipod controller - armband style - to throw into the mix as well. Great for bike use.
    IBA33490

Touge Express

I have an electronic bingo machine. Let's organize a bingo night.....

2008 FLHR , Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_Road_King View Post
    I have an electronic bingo machine. Let's organize a bingo night.....
    Bingo? Woo-hoo, PAR-TAY!!!
    IBA #42657
    96 Honda XR250 Baja

How about a fundraiser and feast at Mike's mexican outdoor while it is still warm? They have enough seats, food and parking for a small army of bikers and the Pachinko next door covers any excessive noise we may make. Just make it a big coin donation/attendance charge? If we get 20 people we're done. Any more and it can go toward some software purchases the forum is sure to need in the future.
    IBA33490

Touge Express

which ''Mike's''?
    By motorcycle? No booze??? :-) I'm okay with that...

How about a fundraiser and feast at Mike's mexican outdoor while it is still warm? They have enough seats, food and parking for a small army of bikers and the Pachinko next door covers any excessive noise we may make. Just make it a big coin donation/attendance charge? If we get 20 people we're done. Any more and it can go toward some software purchases the forum is sure to need in the future.

2008 FLHR , Tokyo